Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mcmanus

Would love him back at bayview next year if we can get him. Always a willing runner, scores goals for fun at this level. If we lose wallace and linn then shagger would fit the bill. Anyone see him clap the fans at start of match and again at the end he is a fife man through and through.

Re: Mcmanus

would swap him for the continually under achieving Linn any day.

Me too but cant see Brechin taking Linn ,we could always throw in lazy ar*e Janczyk,who seems to be the only one at Bayview thats eating the pies

Christ, you guys certainly know how to motivate and get behind your team eh?

frustrating to see guys like wallace,smith,hislop,durie busting a gut and others swaning about with little effort.
glad to see Gordon Durie seen who was performing and subbed the right players unlike Robertson who took off the same players every week regardless how they played

You probably wouldn't have liked Jim Baxter then?

Different players, different styles mate. Did you ever see Socrates play for Brazil? Good job he never played for us. or he would be getting slagged rotten by the likes of you!

when players have fantastic skills then a team can afford to carry a luxury player but i'm sorry as your point is way off the mark as East fife cant afford to carry players with little effort and skills that are questionable.
Bobby Linn has been carried for most of this season while the likes off sloan has been subbed week in week out,maybe Linn would be better spending time on the sidelines like Sloan has.
Everybody at bayview has their favourites and those who can do no right,i've had a go recently at Broony but Tues night he was the player who secured a point as he was superb(apart from throwing the ball out of play,lol),Hissy is hardly a favourite with others but he also was fantastic (pity they dont praise his efforts as often as they slag them)

Linn has had a poor season but you have to give him a chance. The lad has just had his first child and that will no doubt take a lot out of him . Mcmanus was brilliant last night and anyone in this league will be daft not to take a punt on him next year if he leaves brechin. The only problem is I don't think we can match other teams in terms of finance. Shagger gives his all when he play's and for me deserve's a chance at a bigger club . The amount of goals he has scored throughout his career. I agree brown did do well but hissy was nackerd after 30 min with the movement of brechin city's front 2. We have to win prob about 4 of the remaining games left to have a chance of the play-offs.

Fife Baz
Linn has had a poor season but you have to give him a chance. The lad has just had his first child and that will no doubt take a lot out of him . Mcmanus was brilliant last night and anyone in this league will be daft not to take a punt on him next year if he leaves brechin. The only problem is I don't think we can match other teams in terms of finance. Shagger gives his all when he play's and for me deserve's a chance at a bigger club . The amount of goals he has scored throughout his career. I agree brown did do well but hissy was nackerd after 30 min with the movement of brechin city's front 2. We have to win prob about 4 of the remaining games left to have a chance of the play-offs.

Give Linn a chance? Stop talking nonsense!!

Well have you had a child ? It takes a lot out of you and if bobby works during the day then he will be even more nackerd.part time football and 3 games a week will take a lot out of players.

Fife Baz
Well have you had a child ? It takes a lot out of you and if bobby works during the day then he will be even more nackerd.part time football and 3 games a week will take a lot out of players.

That's the lamest excuse for an underperforming player I've seen for a long time. Nobody forces him to play football.

Fife Baz

Looking at the points you have chosen to raise, Bobby becoming a father is an excuse for his under performing? Poor lamb! Bobby can do better and maybe if Robbo had done what Durie wasted no time in doing last night, we would be seeing better from him. Bobby on his game can be a real asset to EF.

What is it about McManus? If he is good as some folk think, why is he playing at Brechin in the second division and don't forget, as far as I understand, he was not getting a game at Brechin earlier this season. He has been around for a while so why is it now the time for him to move to a "bigger" club.

Brooney did well on a horrible night for a goalie. Hissy was knackered after 30 mins? Probably before that. But he stuck to his task. He lasted the 90 minutes but he was clearly in some difficulty at the end. He was asked to play at the back and as a centre forward, he did not do too badly IMO. I thought McCormack played well. Full backs a wee bit inconsistent throughout the game. The midfield did o.k., although struggled a bit in the second half. Ryan battled well but I thought Scott was off the pace. Perhaps his lack of fitness and games contributed to this.

Rather than singing the praises of the opposition, why not give credit to the Fife players who, in the main, gave their all. I think that it will be nip and tuck before the last (fourth spot)play off position is fixed. Hope we are fired up for Saturday. C'Mon the Fife

Tall defenders mark tall attackers at corners, fast defenders mark fast attackers during open play, and so on and so forth, can Durie do his homework and pit Linn up against another working father next game? It's only fair that he gets a break.

AHA

What is it about McManus? If he is good as some folk think, why is he playing at Brechin in the second division and don't forget, as far as I understand, he was not getting a game at Brechin earlier this season. He has been around for a while so why is it now the time for him to move to a "bigger" club.

Because his goals to games ratio is brilliant at this level. How many goals/apps has he had this season for Brechin ? He never moans on the park, chases down would-be lost causes, just gives it his all. Workrate is incredible, plays every game like he's trying to impress a scout. Wins balls in the air, powerful, not easily shrugged off the ball, powerful shot, his movement is a nightmare for defenders, seemed popular with his team mates, was good captain for us.

What about the first goal yesterday ? Oaft.

Ryan Wallace is a better though.

Edit: McMnaus has scored 14 in 28 (a fair few off the bench too)

AHA

Hope we are fired up for Saturday. C'Mon the Fife

I hope to f**k we don't put long balls for Mbu to mop up all day long like Robertson's East Fife time after time against Cowden. Ball on the deck please. Bobby Linn beating defenders, etc.

Well said mcmanus is a great wee player and right now better than what we have up top my opinion. From what was said in the forum not so long ago he had a fall out with wier and not just him but few others in the brechin squad.Where you even at the game last night ? For me he has improved alot and added a lot to his game. We should have a vote to see if the fans would love him bck because he is what we have been missing all season in terms of playing for the jersey and all the other points above

Just thought I would check his stats for this season 21 apperances 15 goals, He has come off the bench a few times but most of his goals have come from starting games. Eat ya dinner pal.

Not going to get involved in a slanging match about which EF player did well or didn't. As far as I am concerned that was the best 90 minutes I have seen Paul McManus play even in his two spells as Bayview. Don't McKenna generally but again he was excellent, the two of them owrked really well together.

BBC says McManus 29 apps, 15 goals (7 apps as a sub) and Wallace 33 apps, 18 goals.

I think that includes Alba Cup, etc. Would love them both up front

Why the hell are we bothered how Mcmanus played,we should be encouraging our own players not the other teams,Mcmanus is like Deuchar he will not come back to bayview.They were our great players of the past lets move on,Hissy played really well last night considering being played out of position and suffering from cramp kept on going.Bobby just needs to find his shooting boots again so does Ryan,had we been at full strength last night we would have swept Brechin away.Jukebox has been in charge of two games and still unbeaten and I take him to make it three in -a-row on saturday.

zak
Why the hell are we bothered how Mcmanus played,we should be encouraging our own players not the other teams,Mcmanus is like Deuchar he will not come back to bayview.They were our great players of the past lets move on,Hissy played really well last night considering being played out of position and suffering from cramp kept on going.Bobby just needs to find his shooting boots again so does Ryan,had we been at full strength last night we would have swept Brechin away.Jukebox has been in charge of two games and still unbeaten and I take him to make it three in -a-row on saturday.

Got to agree with Zak on that one.... !

I got it from sky sports and the brechin web site < still great record

I agree that Linn is not repeating the performance levels of past seasons, but I don't think it is through lack of effort. I think he is fraustrated himself - sometimes that happens.

Maybe a wee change of position, or super-sub role might be all that he needs. He's still one of our best players, and IMO is still giving his all. I think we should stand by him during this lean spell rather than hound him out of the club.

Thought Linn was a wee bit off the boil on Tuesday but has been outstanding since the turn of the year apart from that IMO.

Agree about Janczyk, he seems to be carrying a good stone too much, and I've only really been impressed with McCormack when he's played at right back.

Linn has to be played in the centre just behind the front line. He needs the freedom of moving where he can do damage. The problem has been the managers asking him to track back and tackle. I think he's a player who shouldn't be flying into tackles that's what the bald ugly centre mid players are for!!!

lol

pie

Kiwi pie

Deuchar is better than mcmanus.

Ive never seen bobby linn dive into a tackle, seen him jump out of the way of a few tho

cr
Ive never seen bobby linn dive into a tackle, seen him jump out of the way of a few tho

I doubt if he would avoid you mate if you were to confront him and repeat what you just said! Prat!

Just my opinion of you mate and everyone is entitled to that!

footnote ...if i was good enough the only team i would put a strip on was East Fife ...slagging the men who wear the jersey is not my style ...east fife fur ever ....we have a little matter of playing Cowdenbeath the day ....i wonder how many of the critics would slag of wullie broon for having a bad game or for shirking out of a tackle ......not many ? or my names not brian wanecki ......