Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score

For all my fellow exiles we lost today 1-0

Re: Latest Score

AND WE WERE PISH

Don't agree with that - for the first time this season we were competitive against the best team in the league.

Bizarre goal - draw would have been fair.

Edinburgh EFFC
Don't agree with that - for the first time this season we were competitive against the best team in the league.

Agreed, great 3 points for us. We weren't at our best, but still took all 3 points.

All the best for rest of season. Hope you make the play-offs.

Pass marks only for Wallace and Smith.
Hislop tries his best but he really is on his last legs, and surely must retire at the end of the season. As should Neil Janczik who was atrocious today.
Bobby got stick today but he is so inconsistent. Thats why he could never be a full time player in a higher league.
Mbu and Armstrong soaked up everything at the back.
And as for the pass back that led to the goal...well...enough said!
How long must we wait to see our team beat Cowdenbeath? It really is a joke

totally agree jimbob, in addition to pass marks then also durie n McCormack wasnt too bad today. Janczik is an absolute waste of a shirt. Was good to see Jukebox pushing Whyte up front for the last 5/10 mins the kinda gamble Robertson never did

Anyone care to point out why White, Cook, Brown and more didn't deserve pass marks?
Take it from me nobody in that dressing room wasn't gutted at the result. Nobody gave less than 100% this afternoon.
We've got to work out how to get the best of the squad we have from now until the end of the season. Slating individuals will not help us achieve the goal of a play off position. The supporters (if you call yourself one) have a part to play in this too.
The rest of this season's campaign starts now. Who's side are you on?

Methil Miner

Why do you say it starts now? Why didn't it start this morning? Or last Tuesday? Or last month? Or at New Year?
What's so different about NOW that makes you think that everything that went before doesn't matter?

ef fan
Methil Miner

Why do you say it starts now? Why didn't it start this morning? Or last Tuesday? Or last month? Or at New Year?
What's so different about NOW that makes you think that everything that went before doesn't matter?

Because you can't change the past. Unless you are Dr Who or thon wee shite from off of Back to the Future.
Jesus Cripes man!

Methil Miner
Because you can't change the past. Unless you are Dr Who or thon wee shite from off of Back to the Future.
Jesus Cripes man!

"The past" is this afternoon, which was consistent with how we have underperformed all season. You are correct that we can't change the past, but a league championship is conducted over a season, and the reason we are now clutching at straws for a play-off spot is because of our results over the last eight months i.e. the past. The rest of this season is already undermined by all that has gone before.

Todays game summed up our season never got a break of the ball all day.But you make your own luck in football.It shows the standard of the second division if cowden are 4 points clear with 8 games to go as they were piss poor from start to finish.We will never get a better chance to beat them than today,but one mistake was the difference.Durie got a big job on his hand as it is clear we need a big change of personel for next season.Fans turned out in numbers today to watch one of the worst games of football i have seen in my lifetime.Not one decent bit of football from either team,and felt robbed of 13 pound.Injuries have held us back all season and we have rarely had a full squad to choose from.I knew after 30 minutes that east fife would not score a goal as they had no creativity to our game.It was long ball time for mbu to head clear,and he looked poor at anything else all afternoon.The boys tried hard but i feel we gave them to much respect and didnot press the game high enough up the park.Cowden a hard team to play against as they crowd out the midfield and dont give you any space or time but you would think we would learn after 3 defeats.8 games to go but i cant see anything other than a mid table finish .

ef fan
Methil Miner
Jesus Cripes man!

"The past" is this afternoon, which was consistent with how we have underperformed all season. You are correct that we can't change the past, but a league championship is conducted over a season, and the reason we are now clutching at straws for a play-off spot is because of our results over the last eight months i.e. the past. The rest of this season is already undermined by all that has gone before.

I think Methil Miner is trying to say to you that there is no point in moaning and slagging off players. That clearly does NOT work, because that is the general theme on this forum and at Bayview every week!

Why not try some positive supporting and instead of slating players for a poor game, just say they were not at their best! It's easy if you try and are not a moaning auld wifey type who cannae help yersel! Apologies to any auld wifey's reading this.

Vince Sinclair
Edinburgh EFFC

Agreed, great 3 points for us. We weren't at our best, but still took all 3 points.

All the best for rest of season. Hope you make the play-offs.

Do one you twat.

top o the league and your no.

And 1 year from now you will be bottom of the 1st.

Maybe,but at least we will have been there.What about you lot,where will you be?

cowdengelly
Maybe,but at least we will have been there.What about you lot,where will you be?

And at least we have collected the Scottish Cup and 3 x League Cups, something your team will NEVER achieve!

yes but when was the last time a league champonship flag flew over naeview.In fact when was the last time you lot ever won anything was it ninteen oatcake or was it eighteen oatcake.I don't think you have won anything in the twentyfirst century have you?

cowdengelly
yes but when was the last time a league champonship flag flew over naeview.In fact when was the last time you lot ever won anything was it ninteen oatcake or was it eighteen oatcake.I don't think you have won anything in the twentyfirst century have you?

Well actually , yes.
Third Division champions 2007/2008.

cowdengelly

Naeview??....... What a prat!!

Actually naeview 2 if you want.Lumphinnans here we come.Still 2007 was a good year for you 3rd div champions still not as good as 2nd div campioneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.Have a nice day sucker.

Lumphinnans? Wow!! lucky you eh? Is that the dump between Cowdungbeath and Lochsmelly??

and yours is in a picturesque area.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wakey wakey fancy Dargo to score a hat-trick against your crappy defense.
top o the league and your no.
as an aside what about mcintyre getting the wellie after wasting at least 5 or 6 hunder thooosant poooonds.scum are no eh.