Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Apologies to Bobby Linn.

Bobby took a lot of unfair stick today from some so called supporters.

Don't worry Bobby the real supporters still believe.

Re: Apologies to Bobby Linn.

beleive what??? that he'll return to form? that he'll actually take on a full back this season?

There's a saying 'seeing is believing',well i've seen him most of the season so what is it you believe??

To shout to any player he's 'a disgrace' is, erm...a disgrace. He was clearly gutted at the whistle at the result/the way we played. He was just stood still, yards from hundreds of departing fans - not sprinting up the tunnel. Easy pickings.

i agree, i've not been impressed by Linn this season but i'd never say any of his performances or himself were a disgrace. he's clearly having a poor season by his own standards but to say he's a disgrace is over the top

I, for one, can't believe that week in week out he's making the starting 11. He has one good game every 20 games. Not consistent enough and that's a fact. Time to give someone else a shot.

Agree entirely with SPF. Telling Linn he was a 'disgrace' when he was clearly gutted (as everyone was) about the result is a bit off the mark. Still easily one of our most useful players.

He's one of our best players and one of the best in the league.

If his form has dipped personally abusing him probably won't help.

Would leave that to Jukebox.

I do not think having a go at bobby linn helps anybody.He may not have had a great game but he was trying.What about the other ten players that are supposed to be playing with him.You cannot play good football all the time.Ryan wallace is another player who has suffered through lack of service and a decent strike partner.

lets stop beating about the bush saying ' if his form has dipped' of course its dipped ! On form he's great to watch,last season and pre-season him and durie linked up great on the wing but now he's more central and most of his work is collecting the ball, running 10 yards back,laying it off then out the game again. we all want to see him drive at defenders and hopefully jukebox can get him back doing this as he's an asset when on his game.
Clearly the lack of fit players is a problem at the moment(Div,Campbell,Stoney), if Campbell comes back then hopefully McCormack can push into midfield with Smith ,which might hopefully push Linn further up the park

went out at final whistle so didnae see it but think bobby linn gets criticised to much. i agree he hasnae been great this season but he is one of two players wallace bein the other who can get a goal or a chance from nothing imo . he is also put in some great performances for the fife . that is the fans choice to say what they think. but i believe we would be a much worse team without the wee man. and no one can come in and do what he does in our squad. i hope we can keep him

I can understand why fans criticise players but off all players in the team Linn wouldn't be my first.

Couldn't make 2days game but its no surprise to me that some so called fans go mad wuth their criticism.In my opinion all the players try their best cos i don't believe any pro player takes the field and tries to lose a game of football.As stated in another post we should be encouraging the players not getting on their backs at the slightest mistake,this attitude motivates no-one

Absolutely disgusted at the abuse dished out to Bobby today.One of our star players for several seasons,consistently scoring double figures in goals,creating countless more,and then he has a form dip,so what happens?So called EF fans shout fuckin` outrageous abuse at the guy provoking a totally understandable response!I`ll tell you,if some twat was shouting at me like that, I would have been over the barriers in a shot,whether I got my heid kicked in or not they would have had to back up their their loud mouth abuse,big style!Total fuckin` dickheads!We love The Boaby!Dont let pricks like that run you down wee man!!!!

Well said Jim P.
We're a bit of a makeshift team at the moment. Give abuse to players like Bobby Linn, then here's what will happen: he will sign for Brechin City next season. They'll play us. He will score. Cue 30+ post thread on how great he is and is exactly the player we need at East Fife. Sound familiar?

Message to the dickheads: awa' an' lie in yer mer's pish.

Chin up Bobby Linn. Good Luck!

All players should be critisised when they have bad games. Linn is no exeption.
Can someone please tell me he actually does.
Even on a "good day " he run 10 yards , turns back inside and has to come past every player on his right side - every fukin time .
He is maybe playing badly because every other player has noticed he cant go past a player on his right.
I dont think he merits a start every week.
maybe a few weeks on the bench might help . it worked for Hissy.

Why do so called fans pick on certain players,no wonder Bobbys is low in confidence,there are too many arseholes that go to one game,they hear one person shout something then they all follow,to hell with them Bobby chin up and show these twats,We Love The Boaby.

zak
Why do so called fans pick on certain players,no wonder Bobbys is low in confidence,there are too many arseholes that go to one game,they hear one person shout something then they all follow,to hell with them Bobby chin up and show these twats,We Love The Boaby.

dont think the guys i heard shouting at linn only go to 1 game.

Every manager in this league would love Bobby Linn in their team - you just need to read the comments that they make about EF.

Bobby looked really upset at the end of the game - completely unnecessary and hopefully this abuse won't affect his confidence.

davy reid
zak

Well that is even worse Name them and Shame them thats what I say.

totally agree with jim p and zak,personal attacks and abuse does fuck all for anyones confidence bang out of order
bobby linn's barmy army

zak
davy reid
zak

Well that is even worse Name them and Shame them thats what I say.

Who are these gentlemen, like - names, addresses....?!?!?

I do more than my share of moaning but the cheering when Neil Janczyk was subbed and the abuse given to Bobby Linn at the end was an absolute disgrace.Credit to Darren Smith for defusing the situation.

Jim P
Absolutely disgusted at the abuse dished out to Bobby today.One of our star players for several seasons,consistently scoring double figures in goals,creating countless more,and then he has a form dip,so what happens?So called EF fans shout fuckin` outrageous abuse at the guy provoking a totally understandable response!I`ll tell you,if some twat was shouting at me like that, I would have been over the barriers in a shot,whether I got my heid kicked in or not they would have had to back up their their loud mouth abuse,big style!Total fuckin` dickheads!We love The Boaby!Dont let pricks like that run you down wee man!!!!

i do believe you were shouting at him during the game
"linn your now offically the worst player on the park"

Fans frustration sometimes get the better of them,its hard to watch your beloved team lose 4 times to your local rivals without laying a glove on them.Bobby linn would probably be the first to admitt that he hasnot been at his best this season.But it is a team game and as a team all the players would have been really down as they knew they should never have lost that game yesterday.Cant fault any players effort but we just didnot have any quality where it matters in the final 3rd.What makes the defeat harder to take was the poor goal we lost mcormack should have put the ball in row z.In Bobbys defence i dont think wide right is his his best position,he is better in the space between midfield and strikers so he can drive down the middle at defenders.Very dissapointed to hear about that yesterday as bobby linn has contributed so much to east fife fc over the last 4 years.I would like to appoligise on behalf of the real east fife supporters.

neil
Fans frustration sometimes get the better of them,its hard to watch your beloved team lose 4 times to your local rivals without laying a glove on them.Bobby linn would probably be the first to admitt that he hasnot been at his best this season.But it is a team game and as a team all the players would have been really down as they knew they should never have lost that game yesterday.Cant fault any players effort but we just didnot have any quality where it matters in the final 3rd.What makes the defeat harder to take was the poor goal we lost mcormack should have put the ball in row z.In Bobbys defence i dont think wide right is his his best position,he is better in the space between midfield and strikers so he can drive down the middle at defenders.Very dissapointed to hear about that yesterday as bobby linn has contributed so much to east fife fc over the last 4 years.I would like to appoligise on behalf of the real east fife supporters.

Criticism is part of the game. Bobby knows it and others in the team will know it. What I have noticed, though, is the level of some of the abuse is OTT, whether it is aimed at Bobby or Hissy, who has also been mentioned on this thread. Players will make mistakes but the slaughtering that some guys get, it is no wonder that their confidence is shattered and that some of the guys react to "supporters". We can still make the play-offs so lets all stick together under the new manager and go for it. Lets try and break our hoodoo next week!

Whoever the fuck you are ano,get your facts right as it certainly wasn`t me that shouted anything of the sort at Bobby,or any of the other players for that matter.

When did bobby linn consistently score double figures in a season?

Big Div just has to make one mistake on the pitch and you can hear the moans instantly as is the same with hissy but criticise Bobby Linn and your a 'so called supporter'. i'll encourage every player during a game,even when they mis-place a pass or are too slow to out run a defender etc but it seems you dont dare mention Bobby Linn is having a bad game. (i dont condone personal abuse and shouts of disgrace)
i did mention after tuesday nights game against brechin that Janzcik was crap and his effort(or fitness) seems minimal in games as IMO it seemed again on Saturday.

Bobby Linn is not beyond criticism if justified as most on here seem fit to criticise their less favourite players,i.e when hissy scores someone will quickly say he doesnt score enough!

Said it many times before. Worst bunch of so called supporters in the country. Never kicked a ball in earnest themselves but seem to know all about the game. Must be frustrated at home these muppets, dominating wives who make their life hell and they come to the game and take it on the players. Pricks.

Try to ignore them Bobby, youll score the winner in the play off final and they'll all want to shake your hand. Hypocrites one and all.

can you clear up what play-off final we're talking about as we're 5 pts from div 1 spot and 8 pts from Div3 play-off

kenwit
can you clear up what play-off final we're talking about as we're 5 pts from div 1 spot and 8 pts from Div3 play-off

By jove, you're a witty one eh??

ano

i do believe you were shouting at him during the game
"linn your now offically the worst player on the park"

it was the same guy who shouted "Linn your a disgrace" at the end.

For me both shout's were a disgrace and way over the top, this guy is a know all, he thinks he's a ref, a manager, a player, a coach bla bla bla!!!! I just hope Bobby is big enough to let it wash over him, we know what he can do, lets encourage him to get his form together for the 4th place run in.

As for the so called supporter, stay a home, you are the disgrace

With 9 goals already this season and a total of 42 in his EF career I would suggest consistently netting double figures was fairly accurate veiw of Bobbys strike rate.

Total disgrace to dish out abuse to our longest serving player.
Delighted to see that most posters on here are of the same opinion.

Absolutely disgraceful from so called supporters. Wasnt a great game and only an incredibly stupid back pass cost us the game. Both sides played mediocre football and I think all palyers involved would agree that it wasnt one of their better games. Why slate your players so badly? I have no idea... Bobby has been and is a great servant to EFFC and hopefully he shows the tosspots that he still has it and leads us to a play off place.

Maybe the supporter with the big mouth could apologise to Bobby at the next home game....Cazza could lend him her mic - would be a good gesture.

One of the good things about being an EF fan is that we normally just take in on the chin, don't blame the players who are giving 100% and just move on.

There is usually no nastiness that you get at the big clubs (Aberdeen etc) or the small clubs that think they are big clubs (Falkirk keeping our fans out of their bar, RRFC etc).

Let's keep our club that way.

Does Jim P clean Boabys boots after games

Fifeyboab
Said it many times before. Worst bunch of so called supporters in the country. Never kicked a ball in earnest themselves but seem to know all about the game. Must be frustrated at home these muppets, dominating wives who make their life hell and they come to the game and take it on the players. Pricks.

Try to ignore them Bobby, youll score the winner in the play off final and they'll all want to shake your hand. Hypocrites one and all.

FifeyKermit, I said that you could only come here if you don't talk shite - thats you banned from the dungeon now.

Was Linn playing yesterday? Has he played against us in prev 3 games? What number was he?

I'd take your number 10.

Number 3 - what a bombscare

Fifeyboab
Said it many times before. Worst bunch of so called supporters in the country. Never kicked a ball in earnest themselves but seem to know all about the game.

I do agree with this. It is the same situation every home game that the populus of Bayview is dominated by grumpy old men that have most likely never kicked a ball in their life! So to shout abuse at a player on your own team which you are "supporting" is terrible. Hislop, Muir and Durie have all had bad spells this season in my opinion but I would never exclaim this to them on the match day. Take Brown for Christ's sake: does anyone recall the abuse he was given and now we chant his name! Players need encouragement; they themselves know better than anyone that they have had a bad game!

I must admit, though, I thought it was rather disappointing that Bobby reacted to the comments - I dont think it did him any favours

J Kidd

I must admit, though, I thought it was rather disappointing that Bobby reacted to the comments - I dont think it did him any favours

Disagree! Anybody who has self-pride would react to getting that abuse from total nonentity's. As someone else posted earlier, I also would have jumped the barrier and put one on the nearest bampot, no matter how big he was!

Miss Piggy
Fifeyboab

FifeyKermit, I said that you could only come here if you don't talk shite - thats you banned from the dungeon now.

Sorry miss Piggy. Dont ban me from The Dungeon, please, ill be good from now on. Its these fucking hecklers in the Vip boxes that do ma heed in.

Does anyone remember the dogs abuse George Dewar used to get back in the 60's. Poor bugger could not do anyhing right for some people. Wish we had someone with his scoring record at the club just now. Has anyone scored a double hat trick since he did against Alloa? Jim C don't bother looking up the record book. It was a rhetorical question.

He clearly has missed his big pal johnny this season !!