Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Player's you would like at bayview next year

What players have impressed you this season and who would love at east fife next year ? For me would love to see Murry Stenhousemuir , Brady Brechin , Mcmanus Brechin , Agnew Dumbarton , Mckenzie Cowdenbeath , Big lad of cowden at centre half not mabu. These players would add quality and keep the likes of wallace, linn , cambell , durie , muir ,brown

Re: Player's you would like at bayview next year

Why not Mbu? He's a pretty good centre half.

Malcolm and wedderburn from Arbroath.

Davidson from 'them'.

The Stenhousemuir central defender is the best player in that position in the league. Mbu has a season left in him at second division level at best. We need to stop thinking short term and build for the future.

For me he is not FAT and a big lump of wood. The only reason he gets away with things is because teams just hoof the ball up the park. Would be great to add these players and we have a chance with the back room staff.

Sorry fast lol

McManus-Brechin, McMillan and McKinley -Stenny, Agnew -Dumbarton , McCulloch Forfar and an experienced (but still mobile) holding midfielder (can't think of any in 2nd Div)
Have left out any Arbroath or Cwden players as think both will go up .

I don't think we need that many new players in to be honest, 1 new striker (Dalziel out), 1 in the middle and 1 at the back (Cook out) would probably do us fine if we could keep the squad we have.

I'd like to see Deuchar back at the club or possibly a younger target man in either that Coult boy at Cowdung or McAllister at Peterhead.

Hopefully we can talk Parky back into signing for us again, once he has come back from his injury. Wilson at Forfar is another boy I think would do well at the club.

Harsh on Cook. For me the most improved player this season by some distance.

Fifer
Harsh on Cook. For me the most improved player this season by some distance.

Agree

pie

1. Smart
2. Smart
3. Smart
4. Smart
5. Smart
6. Smart
7. Smart
8. Smart
9. Smart
10. Smart
11. Smart

Manager - Smart
Physio - Smart
Hospitality - Smart
Gate - Smart
Security - Smart
Chairman - Smart
Barmaids - Smarty in a dress

Yer man got sent off today. Bad boy.

I wouldn't say I really wanted to see any player leave, but if we want to bring people in, it'll have to have to happen I suppose. I expect big Hissy will be hanging up the boots in the summer, I doubt McQuade will be retained and I fear Wallace may move on. I'd like to see us try and fill that void with McManus and an experienced target man like Deuchar or similar. I'd also like to see us bring in Mark Ferry, who has been in great form since joining Stirling and has experience winning this division with Raith.

Agree with that mr young but i think deuchar may be past his sell buy date, He has done nothing for the past 2 or 3 years and his legs wont be as quick as they used to be . Wallace will no doubt be catching the eye this year and we will find it hard to keep him.What we have to remember is all these players that we wish for next season will also be attracting interest from other clubs. Mcmanus has had another great season with 15 goals so far and will be on the radar by other clubs as will players like Agnew of Dumbarton. If we have any chance of geting these sort of players then the club must surely try and get them on pre contracts. The good thing for us we still have a chance of play offs and players that we wish to sign will no doubt feel we have a good chance to be in 1st division next year.

You're probably right about Deuchar Tom. I more meant someone in the Deuchar mould than Deuchar himself. I think someone with a bit of experience, who is good in the air could be the perfect partner for McManus, or Wallace should we be able to keep him.

If wallace were to stay part-time, then I'm sure EF could offer him an attractive package to stay. And to be honest, he'd probably be better off earning a top part-time wage than a low full time wage.

If McQuade can get back to the player he once was, then he is worth another look.

Rory McC may also be worth an enquiry.

Agree about Ferry.

I've heard from a couple of different sources that Raith have offered Wallace a deal. Obviously he played under McGlynn at Hearts and Raith are supposedly going back to a part-time/full-time mix next year. I expect They'll be losing Baird in the summer too, so it would make sense.

Johnny's appreciation society
1. Smart
2. Smart
3. Smart
4. Smart
5. Smart
6. Smart
7. Smart
8. Smart
9. Smart
10. Smart
11. Smart

Manager - Smart
Physio - Smart
Hospitality - Smart
Gate - Smart
Security - Smart
Chairman - Smart
Barmaids - Smarty in a dress

Photographer - Smart (actually, he did take a pretty good photo of me with Dave Baikie when we won the league!!)

Back to the topic....

John Ovenstone. 5 year deal.

Plus a big lazy b*st*rd central defender that does F*** all, but nobody can get past. I.e. Mbu from Cowdenbeath.

What about Billy Dodds as emergency striker cover??

See on pie and bovril shagger was outstanding again the day. The brechin fans want the club to sighn him asap so they don't loose him. We should act fast if we to get him great goal scorer at this level and has been the best striker I've seen this year against us. 17 goals so far is good going in a poor team. What's all your thoughts on this

Thoughts are that Brechin are paying him far more than we dan afford, so not a goer unless they don't want him sadly.

Heard that he is a virtual certainty to be back at East Fife next season.

Judging by the fact Wallace didn't acknowedge the fans when he scored, nor at half time when he was being applauded off, nor at full-time - would fuel the rumours he's signed a pre-contract with someone else (not that we could grudge him if true). If we make the play-off, it'd be thanks to his goals.

St Pauli Fifer
Judging by the fact Wallace didn't acknowedge the fans when he scored, nor at half time when he was being applauded off, nor at full-time - would fuel the rumours he's signed a pre-contract with someone else (not that we could grudge him if true). If we make the play-off, it'd be thanks to his goals.

Other conclusive proof of players moving on is:

Michael Brown took an average of 3.8 steps at kickouts rather than his 3.9 which is a clear indication he's on his way to Barcelona.

Hissy came on as sub after 70 mins rather than his previous average of 69 and that's right - he's off to manage Chelsea!

I hope that we can keep Ryan and also give him more support next season - he is looking a much better player under Gordon Durie and I think that the Gordons can help him improve.

Eugene, are you confirming that Ryan has not signed for anyone else?

Eugene Clarke
St Pauli Fifer

Michael Brown took an average of 3.8 steps at kickouts rather than his 3.9 which is a clear indication he's on his way to Barcelona.

Hissy came on as sub after 70 mins rather than his previous average of 69 and that's right - he's off to manage Chelsea!

Who mentioned conclusive proof?

St Pauli Fifer
Eugene Clarke
St Pauli Fifer

If it is not conclusive proof, how were you able to make a judgement, SPF?

If Ryan was to leave in the summer, as long as East Fife offer him a deal on the same or better money, we will be due a fee for him due to his age. This would hopefully be given to the Management to bolster the squad for next season. Would love to see Shagger back at Bayview, preferably alongside Wallace. The days of needing a big striker are gone for me - prefer to see more mobile front players especially if we are going to get the ball down and play the ball to feet.

Supporter
St Pauli Fifer
Eugene Clarke
St Pauli Fifer

Read my post again. You can't be that silly. I didn't say anything about, or allude to, conclusive proof. I was making observations (can't see any judgments about him definitely being away) that many were making yesterday. I judged that the rumours among the fans would be fuelled (as they were amongst fans yesterday).

St Pauli Fifer
Supporter
St Pauli Fifer
Eugene Clarke
St Pauli Fifer

Read my post again. You can't be that silly. I didn't say anything about, or allude to, conclusive proof. I was making observations (can't see any judgments about him definitely being away) that many were making yesterday. I judged that the rumours among the fans would be fuelled (as they were amongst fans yesterday).

What fans, what rumours? I was at the game and didn't hear any. Also, "judging by the fact", that at Brechin last week, Ryan acknowledged the fans after each goal and at full time, there was no signs, or rumours, that he is going to leave?

What do you make of that then SPF?

No idea. It's not outwith the realms of possibility he's been taking to clubs since scoring a hattrick last Saturday.

Why do you think he blanked the fans yesterday - 3 times? Fans were singling him out for praise each time he walked off the park. Fans even sung his name at one point.

So, that coupled with the fact he could easily play at a higher level and must have several clubs watching him, why wouldn't that fuel the rumours that he's signed a pre-contract? Why is that absurd, you tell me?

St Pauli Fifer
No idea. It's not outwith the realms of possibility he's been taking to clubs since scoring a hattrick last Saturday.

Why do you think he blanked the fans yesterday - 3 times? Fans were singling him out for praise each time he walked off the park. Fans even sung his name at one point.

So, that coupled with the fact he could easily play at a higher level and must have several clubs watching him, why wouldn't that fuel the rumours that he's signed a pre-contract? Why is that absurd, you tell me?

You are obviously harbouring thoughts that your own comments may be 'absurd'. It is you that is asking why it is absurd. Who said anything about your comments being absurd, apart from yourself?
I didn't notice Ryan 'blanking' fans yesterday, but I did notice him acknowledging the fans at Brechin. Maybe, he was blanking out a certain section of fans at Bayview, who he knows are the ones that are very quick to condemn the players at any mistakes made!
If you think that means he is about to leave, then I am surprised we have a team left at all, because he is not the first, or will be the last, to 'blank' out those aforementioned fans!

You are implying it's an absurd observation.

About the rest, I can't be bothered copying and pasting what I've already said in my last post.

You didn't notice him blanking the fans - he did. You haven't heard any rumours (true or untrue) - there are rumours among fans, so there's no point arguing with you.

If you didn't see him blanking the fans (goal, HT, FT), it's frankly absurd for you to comment.

I'm not even bothered at all he blanked the fans. I love the fact he's scoring for fun. I haven't said he's about to leave, I've said it merely fuelled the rumours (that many said yesterday in the stand) that he may have signed a pre-contract with another team.

Who in the current squad is already signed up for next season?
If any?

St Pauli Fifer
You are implying it's an absurd observation.

About the rest, I can't be bothered copying and pasting what I've already said in my last post.

You didn't notice him blanking the fans - he did. You haven't heard any rumours (true or untrue) - there are rumours among fans, so there's no point arguing with you.

If you didn't see him blanking the fans (goal, HT, FT), it's frankly absurd for you to comment.

I'm not even bothered at all he blanked the fans. I love the fact he's scoring for fun. I haven't said he's about to leave, I've said it merely fuelled the rumours (that many said yesterday in the stand) that he may have signed a pre-contract with another team.

I think you are the only fan that is fuelling the rumour SPF! A post from you on P&B last night, in reference to a photo of him celebrating a goal in a previous game -

User is offline St Pauli Fifer
Posted Yesterday, 22:18
There were none of those above celebrations from Wallace today when he scored. Away to pastures new??

No other posts on P&B talking about him leaving based on his 'blanking' of fans and surprise, surprise, no other posts on this thread either. Only person that seems to be talking about him leaving and blanking the fans, is none other than yourself mate!

Someone saying on this that they thought Kenny Deuchar looked past his best but I think he would still be an excellent signing for us next season from what I saw. He Played the target man role superbly the whole time he was on and was unlucky on a few occasions not to grab a goal, won every header and was a constant menace the whole time he was on the park.
He in my opinion would link up with Wallace superbly and would have been the difference for us this season and hopefully next season we get him. Just my opinion of course but interesting to hear any views or comments on this.

Really ? I thought our defence had an easy time with him. Not sure if he would be the answer and I am sure that Wallace will be playing in the first Division next season. If not with us with Falkirk or Dundee I would imagine.