Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
latest score

0-1 wallace 4 mins 0-2 grindlay og 23mins

Re: latest score

Oh Yes!!!

wow 0-3 wallace 24mins

WTF!

Get in!!!

Yessss!! COME ON EAST FIFE!

Stuck in hotel in India. Radio Scotland streaming stops at 3 o'clock, typical. Still, got aftn and twitter. Revenge is on the cards at last 0-3. MONTHEFIFERRRRSSS

This is great. Even better considering our record against them.

One wee problem though, whats with the time? It seems to 1 hour forward. I was busy and put this on and thought the game was almost done.

h-t 0-3

0-4 dalziel 51mins

That's killed of any chance of a come back for sure. Helps the GD too.

Clock went forward on Sunday in US and Canada. Must have put forum forward too and no-one's noticed till now!

Fixed it now, so some posts will be a bit out of sync for the next hour

I noticed the game did not kick-off until 10am Central but who cares – we are winning!!!!

f-t 0-4 great result

Missed the first game of the season due to illness and haven't missed one until today due to work.
Absolutely gutted !!!!! For those who managed to make it today you deserve it.

Some folk wanted to keep going with the Robertson debacle and that now we were going down...etc...etc.

MON THE JUKEBOX!!!

Texas reason for the 10 am kick off in your time zone is Scotland does not change their clocks forword until next Sunday.
Kick off in rainy California was 8am not the usual 7am, as our clocks went forward last week.

FYI St Pauli - in Fife never Jukebox, always Seagull.

LondonFife
FYI St Pauli - in Fife never Jukebox, always Seagull.

Correct L.F. We named him Seagul, Govan Rovers named him Dukebox

Where did the name seagul come from? Jukebox makes more sense

The way he timed his jumps, used to seem like he hung in the air.

Sure he was given Jukebox at the Hibees.

Thought it was because he killed a seagull at Arbroath during the pre-match warm up???

He was battering one in to the goal when a rat-with-wings swooped down at the wrong moment and copped the full whack, que feathers and guts everywhere and the wee groundsman having to come out with a shovel and a bucket!!!

Amazing the difference in the team with 11 fit and willing runners in it. I hope we don't see Dalziel drop out this weekend when our less willing runner gets over his sniffles.

GoF
Clock went forward on Sunday in US and Canada. Must have put forum forward too and no-one's noticed till now!

Fixed it now, so some posts will be a bit out of sync for the next hour

Clock still 12 hours out of sync.GMT

JohnnyYoung
Amazing the difference in the team with 11 fit and willing runners in it. I hope we don't see Dalziel drop out this weekend when our less willing runner gets over his sniffles.

Just because a team wins does not mean the team should not be changed. Tactics/injuries may come into play, if you know your football at all; it is called a squad game. A change in opposition may require a different team selection/formation. I was not at the game at Dumbarton but have seen EFtv. From what I have seen and from comments elsewhere on the Forum from those who were there, the game could have finished with more goals from both teams. The defence did not look too solid, it appeared to me. As a former centre half, Gordon Chisholm might have something to say about the defenders for this Saturday's game. However, I would agree that Big Scotty (who is not exactly grease lightning), if fit, deserves another run from the start. (I take it that you were not impressed with the subs as you consider that there were only 11 fit and willing runners!)

I assume that you are referring to Hislop. He may not have the legs of a younger player but I would not describe him as less willing to do a job for the team. I take it you did not send him a get well soon card! I suspect that he may be warming the bench or even sitting in the stand this week. The manager will decide.

Aha ...... It's ok for threads to run their course without mentioning hislop. This is yet another thread where your sole contribution mentions your favourite player.You seem to view the world through a hislop shaped lense. I'm not criticising - just wondering why just about all your posts are hislop related. Care to spill the beans on your identity?

AHA AKA Hislop

MaRY_BaLE
Aha ...... It's ok for threads to run their course without mentioning hislop. This is yet another thread where your sole contribution mentions your favourite player.You seem to view the world through a hislop shaped lense. I'm not criticising - just wondering why just about all your posts are hislop related. Care to spill the beans on your identity?

Wouldn't you like to know! For the record, my posts are not all about Hislop. By the way, he also gets stick from me when he is not doing the business on the park.

eye spy
AHA AKA Hislop

For the avoidance of doubt, WRONG!! I have posted when Hislop has been playing e.g. the recent Arbroath game.

AHA
[quhote=eye spy]AHA AKA Hislop

For the avoidance of doubt, WRONG!! I have posted when Hislop has been playing e.g. the recent Arbroath game.[/quote]

I know, at half time on your mobile Mr Hislop.

You couldn't make this up LOL

Eye spy, you are a fud. Even if AHA is Hissy I think his posts show that he does care about the team and our results. Lay off and stop being petty.

eye spy
AHA
[quhote=eye spy]AHA AKA Hislop

For the avoidance of doubt, WRONG!! I have posted when Hislop has been playing e.g. the recent Arbroath game.

I know, at half time on your mobile Mr Hislop.

You couldn't make this up LOL[/quote]

Do you really think a manager is going to allow a player to come in at half-time, rifle through his belongings to get his mobile phone then post stuff on a messageboard during a team talk?
Think about what you are saying here. It was Arbroath, we'd just pulled back a two goal deficit and the first thing on a player's mind is I'd better post something on AFTN.
Get a grip of yourself mate.

To be fair AHA, you're quite right. It was unfair to say Hissy is unwilling to put a shift in and I apologise for that. I'm sure he wishes he still could put a shift in, but the evidence is that he quite clearly no longer can. I'm sure he's a good guy and he was a good player in his day, but the same could be said for Willie Broon and you wouldn't want him playing on Saturday. As last Saturday showed, we are a far more effective attacking prospect with Dalziel playing and I hope he continues to play.

Some folk on here really need to give themselves a reality check, we are all fans with opinions but far to many folks are getting way to personal

But mr aha...... Are you a relation of hislop or his best pal or something?. Nothing wrong with that, plenty of players and their 'entourage' post here.

To help me better understand your posts I'm just wondering if you are primarily a hislop fan or an East Fife fan? Looking at your 37 posts (none of which date back to befor hislop joined the club) they seem to me pretty much centered around hislop type issues.

I'm really not having a go - I'm just trying to see where you are coming from. If you are from camp hissy then it all makes sense. But if you are really a life long east fife fan, why feell the need to take hislop free discussion points and turn them to be about him?

It only upsets him afterall....going by his latest tweets!

MaRY_BaLE
But mr aha...... Are you a relation of hislop or his best pal or something?. Nothing wrong with that, plenty of players and their 'entourage' post here.

To help me better understand your posts I'm just wondering if you are primarily a hislop fan or an East Fife fan? Looking at your 37 posts (none of which date back to befor hislop joined the club) they seem to me pretty much centered around hislop type issues.

I'm really not having a go - I'm just trying to see where you are coming from. If you are from camp hissy then it all makes sense. But if you are really a life long east fife fan, why feell the need to take hislop free discussion points and turn them to be about him?

Lolz

Look I really didn't want to start an argument here. As I said in my last post, I think Hissy has been a good player and has had a good career, just ask the Shire, County or ICT fans what they think of him. I just think for him, as with all good players at some point, he's past the point where he is effective at this level. If you're his pal AHA, sorry if I've caused offence, it wasn't intended.

MaRY_BaLE

Well Sherlock, for reasons which I do not intend to explain, I have often changed my name for posting. Given how this particular thread has gone, if I feel like posting again about any player/football matter (as I have done in the past), I will again use a different name. A(nother) H(onest) A(ssessment) has run his course. I was not aware (and have certainly never had this in mind) that I have anytime turned a non-Hislop thread into a Hislop-related thread. So as regards trying to understand my posts, don't worry yourself too much. Just look at them as someone who always has and will continue to genuinely give an honest and fair assessment about all players/football matters. As I have often said, football is all about opinions. Tweets? I have not seen these so I cannot offer comment. It is good night from him and it is good night from AHA. C'Mon the Fife.

JohnnyYoung
Look I really didn't want to start an argument here. As I said in my last post, I think Hissy has been a good player and has had a good career, just ask the Shire, County or ICT fans what they think of him. I just think for him, as with all good players at some point, he's past the point where he is effective at this level. If you're his pal AHA, sorry if I've caused offence, it wasn't intended.

Your point is well made. I am not his pal so no offence is taken. As a fan, you are simply expressing your opinion as I have done. I fully respect your right to do so. Lets hope that this particular thread can now be put to bed!