Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2012/13 Away Top

New away top on the offical site, looks like a cheap imitation of the Scotland top from a couple of years back...

Re: 2012/13 Away Top

I'm not arsed about the 2nd/3rd strip either way. The home strip, however, is fucking stinking. Worst East Fife strip I have ever seen (and I've had a season to think about it). Here's hoping the Club changes it for next season.

It definitely wasn't an East Fife fan who came up with the home strip

From the history section on the official website - ]

The Fifers, after having discarded their green and white jerseys in favour of navy blue, played their first ever Central League match against St Johnstone at Bayview on 21st August 1909. The first win in the new competition, however, was not recorded until 25 September 1909, when Broxburn Athletic were beaten 4-1 in Methil. What is also significant about this match is that Wilkie’s three goals for the Fifers that day was the first ever hat-trick scored at Bayview Park! Later that same month, the Fifers won the right to play in the Scottish Cup for the first time in their history by beating Aberdeen Harp 3-0 in the third round of the Qualifying Cup.

GoF
I'm clearly in the minority, but I like it. Remember it's a third strip, so they can be a bit off the wall with the colours.

Probably helps that it appeals to me as an exile that can wear it and show both my East Fife and Scottish pride over here at the same time.

I also like the current home strip, which I never got round to getting and I take it it's sold out now?

GoF, you would need nipples like dockyard rivets to survive wearing the current home top. I am certain the club badge has barbed wire on the inside!

Wouldn`t surprise me if the shorts were tartan!!![/quote]

That would be minted! Change the neck to a ghillie style collar, and have a sgian dubh knitted into the socks!

Tam
Whoever designed that,or had any input should be arrested for crimes against taste and fashion!!!!!
It is utterly rank. We have a saltire on the club badge and that should be enough!

Wouldn`t surprise me if the shorts were tartan!!!

Can we have Scotland 1986 world cup shorts? White with a blue band please! ( I jest!)

That is fucking awful! Not a week goes by that these morons on the board don't piss me off somehow.

Well that looks revolting. It says that is the 3rd kit for next season. What is the deal with next seasons strips anyway? Last thing I heard was we're using the current kit for next season as well.

I think it looks OK. Bit difficult to tell from the image - need to see the real thing.

Normally I wouldn't want us to play in any colours resembling the linolickers but if it was a saltire inspired top then I might be open to it. Needs to be the proper saltire shade of blue, not the colour bastardised to look "pretty" on the union flag.

Design on the picture looks alright, but I'd rather see a photo of the real thing. As long as it's saltire blue and not dark blue.
Hopefully they are a bit more tailored and have better badges than the current strips.

I'll vote yes for the saltire strip. We are East Fife Scotland Football Club after all.

Guaranteed to be a lot of posts saying they can do better - let's send our entries in for next year. Everybody get your crayons out!

P.S. Well done the club for giving us a preview of the design. Good way to get feedback before it goes into production.

That is awful and looks like something you would get out of those Tartan shops on the Royal Mile.
Do you get a free Wee Jimmy wig if you buy one?

That is terrible. East Fife do not wear blue period, not even for a 3rd, 4th or 15th kit.

In all honesty the strip looks stunning when you actually get to hold it. Picture does it no favours at all.

Well I like it......

And we have worn blue before after all, even as a home kit.

Any chance of a proper photo?

Whoever designed that,or had any input should be arrested for crimes against taste and fashion!!!!!
It is utterly rank. We have a saltire on the club badge and that should be enough!

Wouldn`t surprise me if the shorts were tartan!!!

I would rather the strip paid homage to some of the highlights of East Fife's recent history.

I think the strip should be a tapestry featuring the removal of Derek Brown to the installation of a wind turbine across the road. A well-designed tapestry will feature the chicken, the mound and an accurate three-bladed turbine - not the four-bladed windmill that's on the strip they're going to palm off on us next season.

God that is a horrible strip, it looks like it has been designed for tourists who dont know any better.
As for it being blue, well that is just wrong. Why cant we just have a white strip with gold and black trim.
If they had waited a few more days I would think it was an April fool.

The shirt sums up the pea-brainery of the East Fife boardroom. The current home kit is bad enough, so nothing surprises me.

How many Raith Rovers kits in black and gold have the East Fife directors seen? How many Dundee kits in tangerine? Hibs kits in maroon? Hearts kits in green?

If you are an older East Fife fan, you would consider Raith Rovers to be our rivals. If you are younger, you might say Cowdenbeath are our rivals. Those two clubs share a piece of identity. They play in blue and white. Why are we asking some of our fans to kit themselves out in our rivals' colours?

Are there any genuine East Fife supporters on the board of directors? It does not look like it. If there are, then what are they saying in response when someone puts forward ideas like this?

Make our change strip white. Or red. Or green. Anything but blue. Same goes for Gordon Durie and his coaching staff. Why have they been kitted out in blue? We are East Fife, we come from Methil, we play at Bayview, and we are black and gold. There is not much else that holds together this club's identity.

It is not a very nice top I have seen it and I wont be buying it is not East Fife,I would rather have the tartan one back if we want to go scottish.This strip has been purchased by one fan and he wore it on saturday so there cannot be a different design.the only thing I like about ie is the badge it is a proper one.

I'm clearly in the minority, but I like it. Remember it's a third strip, so they can be a bit off the wall with the colours.

Probably helps that it appeals to me as an exile that can wear it and show both my East Fife and Scottish pride over here at the same time.

I also like the current home strip, which I never got round to getting and I take it it's sold out now?

Anybody thought of approaching Marmite to sponsor the kit?

... that next season we will have the same home & away strips as this season. The current 3rd strip is a relic from the Hummel days & is probably past it hence the reason for a change. I have seen the blue one & loved it. Its a novelty top just like the tartan one from the 90s.
Just wait for season 2013/14 though! SOmething special line up again so I believe!

Hugo Chavez
East Fife do not wear blue period

giggle.

Why is is always blue in the adverts?

Does anyone have a real picture of this strip?

Cant believe folk jumping on the boards back with this. It is clear that the 3rd strip is designed to be 'appealing' to a wider group that than the normal 4-500 or so that attend home games. Surely the board must be applauded for putting a strip forward that, potentially, will sell for holiday wear and for those wearing kilts to football or rugby to support the national teams. Afterall, there were a good number of folk wearing the old scotland cricket top with the saltire design a few years back to Hampden and on Scotland trips abroad.

Supporter
Cant believe folk jumping on the boards back with this. It is clear that the 3rd strip is designed to be 'appealing' to a wider group that than the normal 4-500 or so that attend home games. Surely the board must be applauded for putting a strip forward that, potentially, will sell for holiday wear and for those wearing kilts to football or rugby to support the national teams. Afterall, there were a good number of folk wearing the old scotland cricket top with the saltire design a few years back to Hampden and on Scotland trips abroad.

The top does remind me of the Saltires cricket top. Is it a third top rather than the away top then?

I believe....
... that next season we will have the same home & away strips as this season. The current 3rd strip is a relic from the Hummel days & is probably past it hence the reason for a change. I have seen the blue one & loved it. Its a novelty top just like the tartan one from the 90s.
Just wait for season 2013/14 though! SOmething special line up again so I believe!

2013/14????

Supporter

Can't say I'm a fan of the strip but Supporter has hit the nail on the head. This will sell pretty well and it's not like the team will wear it often? As I say, I'm not a huge fan but I'd be more likely to buy this than the horrendous home strip we currently have.

S-Pat
I believe....

2013/14????

Aye. 110th anniversary/ 75th anniversary of the Scottish Cup win.

Should let the fans send send in designs/ have a vote. Would love to see a remake of the deckchair away strip. Best away strip of all time IMO. Maybe Le Coq Sportif have a few rolls of that material lying around that's surplus to requirements!

I believe....
... that next season we will have the same home strip

F***ing hope not.

Hugo Chavez
That is terrible. East Fife do not wear blue period, not even for a 3rd, 4th or 15th kit.

I think we did check my post at the top of the thread ?

At least it doesn't have "Methil Milan" on it.

Still shudder when I think about it. Would any of our 2nd Division rivals have names such as:

Angus Argentina
Dumbarton Fenerbahce
Brechin Aberdeen
Arbroath Ham
Coatbridge Melchester?

The Blue Brazil - fair enough. A joke name for what was once a joke team.