Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Today's Result

Brechin 1 East Fife 3

R. Wallace had a hatrick

Re: Today's Result

Stenhousemuir and Dumbarton getting beat aswell! Another big home game next Sat, Mon the Fife.

Great stuff boys! That's 23 for Ryan this season. Hope we can keep hold of him for next season.

I think I'll need to stop going to the matches altogether, great victories in the matchers I miss!

Fantasic result again today. Well Done the boys. Hat-trick for Wallace, I hope we do everything we possibly can to keep a hold of him.

Magic result and sets us up for a real cup final type game against the Stenny next week. Mon the Fife!!

Really good team performance- everyone payed their part .
No disrespect to the other players who have carried the armband this season but Smithy showed true leadership - encouraging , leading by example and always making himself available fr the ball .

We played like a team today - well done to all the players and coaches

Fantastic result! Hopefully we can get a good support on saturday and get right behind the team! MON THE FIFE!!!!!

pie guy
Fantastic result! Hopefully we can get a good support on saturday and get right behind the team! MON THE FIFE!!!!!

totally agree pie man! we need to give the players great support on saturday. let`s all play our part and be that 12th man on saturday!!!

My work mate refeered the game and said we played some really good stuff and are a certainty for the play offs,here's hoping..

Really hope u can join us in Div 1 next season

Really good performance today and a great result. Arrived early and watched Gordon Chisholm put the players through their warm up. Felt as though the players were buzzing for the game and the tempo of the warm up helped. It was also good to see the way we responded to going a goal behind. After going 2-1 up we seemed to sit a bit deep and invite Brechin onto us but with some good defending and poor finishing we rode the storm. Sloany then broke through on goal and unselfishly rolled the ball inside to Ryan Wallace who had a simple tap to complete his hat-trick.
Good to see Darren Smith as Captain as he leads by example. Darren McCormick dealt well with McManus. Good performances all round. We are hitting a bit of form coming into the squeaky bum time stage of the season so hopefully we can reach the play offs. Huge game next week against Stenny - just hope Kenny Deuchar doesn't find his shooting boots this week !

Excellent team performance today, thought Smith, Sloan, Durie, McCormick & of course Wallace were superb with Smith being the pick of the bunch. Brechin missed a couple of snips particularly just before the third was scored but all in all I thought we thoroughly deserved to win. Great to see Ryan get a hatrick.
Next week should be a belter

So proud of the team yesterday.
At long last the players are playing with a consistency
that the team has never enjoyed all season.
Great credit MUST go to GORDON DURIE and to the mutual respect that the players have for him and he for them.
The appointment of Darren Smith as captain ,and to both his and Robert Sloan's full fitness, have been instrumental in this consistency of form.
I also thought that the defence yesterday was a lot tighter - Scott Durie was immense defensively- and in Darren McCormack we may have signed a nugget.
Every game till the end of the season is now a cup final.

You're absolutely right, Rabhaw - just looked through the photos again. Makes it a hat-trick of assists for Sloany!

Vince Sinclair

I really hope that you will, once again, go straight back down.

Let's face it, you are unworthy.

Liam Anderson
Excellent team performance today, thought Smith, Sloan, Durie, McCormick & of course Wallace were superb with Smith being the pick of the bunch. Brechin missed a couple of snips particularly just before the third was scored but all in all I thought we thoroughly deserved to win. Great to see Ryan get a hatrick.
Next week should be a belter

En route to Narge. Thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday and thought that the team played really well. A wee bit worried about our left side; most of Brechin's dangerous crosses came from that side in the second half. Also felt we had lack of width going forward at times on Saturday but I was impressed with some of the passing and ball control through the middle.

Brechin's two centre backs were in good form yesterday - in fact it was a tight back four so well done our forwards for keeping at them.

Norwich Fifer
Vince Sinclair

I really hope that you will, once again, go straight back down.

Let's face it, you are unworthy.

Yawn

Once again - all the best (excpet this borefest )

Any highlights for saturday's game

Unfortunately our own guys were unavailable on Saturday so we don't have our own footage.

I know that someone from Brechin was filming but there's no sign of anything on their website yet.

You can see short highlights on sfl.tv the SFL's website and they're usually up on the Thursday following the game.