Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Referee today

We didn't deserve more from the game than a draw, but surely we deserved a better ref than Cook. Possibly the most inept refereeing display I've witnessed for a good while. He lost control of the game early on and it was no wonder there were so many bookings. The red card for White was a joke, the penalty, didn't look like deliberate hand ball to me, be interesting to see the TV highlights. Even the Stenny players were laughing. Just wish that even crap ref's could be consistent! A potentially good game ruined by a pish referee.

Re: Referee today

I know generally speaking football fans are never happy with the performance of referees, but I must say that today I witnessed the most inept referee I have ever seen.
For every decision he got right, he got around 5 wrong. It should never have been a penalty and as for the sending off...well enough said.
This is not just a biased opinion as I thought one or two East Fife players got off with certain incidents.
It was just totally incompetent. For anyone who wasnt there, you wont believe how bad he was.
Perhaps he got his dates mixed up and thought April 1st was today, and not Monday?
Would be laughable if it wasnt so pathetic.

Morrissey

Perhaps he got his dates mixed up and thought April 1st was today, and not Monday?

Hate to sound pedantic, but April 1st is actually tomorrow (Sunday)
(or was that your April 1st wind up )

Dont know what neil lennon would have to say about that ref today but i think it would be unprintable.Stennie number 5 must have commited 15 fouls whatever happend to persistant fouling.Penalty looked soft as ball hit arm from point blank range.MInd you wallace and smith lucky not to see red.In their defence the ref would have frustrated me as well.Think the good doctor past his best as well.

Ref ruined that game. He was overly fussy early on and it could only end the way it did, with someone being sent off for nothing. He didn't disappoint. As previously said, he made as much of an erse of it for Stenny as he did us. The difference being he made two telling decisions in gifting them a penalty and sending White off. How can Darren Smith stay on the park for kicking a player, who is lying on the ground? It was right in front of the ref. As punishment for being kicked the Stenny player is booked! The penalty I would like to see again, but the ref indicated that Durie's arm was raised above his head. Don't think that was the case. Why was he booked if the ball is rifled against him from a yard or two away? Certainly wasnt intentional.

The sending off is just a joke. The game became wild after that with frustrated and disgraceful challenges. The game was never a wild one but became just that thanks to the one person given responsibility for fair play and the safety of players.

A total clown that needs to spend his Saturday's with his missus shoving a trolley round Asdas in future.

The fact he didn't red card Smith for kicking out shows he probably thought he had got the White second booking wrong. The penalty was a joke too.

Devlins retaliation should have been red as well. He got so many decisions wrong it was a dreadful performance. The giving of a penalty when a ball is blasted at a players arm is crazy, hand plays ball and has to be deliberate, if only refs would study the rules more (HMHB-Referees Alphabet, bastardised quote).

Have to agree - it's a daft rule. How can a player get his hands out of the way? The rule was obviously introduced to eradicate the actual playing of the ball with the hand. There was obviously no intent to do that; no more than the intent to play the ball with any other part of his body as the ball struck the unfortunate player.

Agree - was not a penalty.

On a positive note I think that this was the first time this season we have no lost to Stenny?

And another +ve note it makes the run in now for a play off place very very exciting.... There will be a few erse twitching moments in the next five weeks to come... Hope Cookie is fine for next week.... He seemed to be walking freely when he came in the stand after half time...and as for Campbell it's all a bit radio silent regarding his injury.. Anyone any news?

Spoke to Steve on his way out yesterday and asked him about his fitness. He said he was hoping to be ready for next week, all being well. Fingers crossed he will be!