Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
EFFC Board

It's disappointing that despite a Trust representative on the board and a Director's Q&A session yesterday denials were made of any plans to sell land at Bayview. I have some contact with Kier Scotland who are currently building opposite Bayview and take an advert in the programme. A senior Director at Kier told me that planning approval is expected soon and plans are "well advanced" for the purchase of land currently owned by EFFC to be bought by French company Le Grandvent for the construction of up to 20 large wind turbines. I was also told that this deal was being done directly with the major shareholders in EFFC and would mean significant windfalls for those involved.
Any comments from EFFC ?????

Re: EFFC Board

Wel well well.... That's the polar opposite of what's captured in the Q and A answers report thread;
"Sale of Ground
There are absolutely no plans to sell any part of the land owned by the club and the Board’s policy is that should for any reason this happen, the money raised would go back into the club and not distributed to shareholders."

Looking forward to an open and honest response on this one!

Nice one Cyril

What must be realised is that the board and the shareholders are 2 different entities. So if discussions are directly with the shareholders (Rankine?) this leaves the board able to say "the board has no plans to sell the ground but if we did sell proceeds would go directly to the club".

Let's face it, it appears one man through proxies has a majority shareholding in the club and what he says goes. Now as far as I know he is not a supporter and does not attend matches. So why invest so much into the club? I always thought once the power station went things would happen. But wind turbines?

The last Q&A was bullshit anyway. 'Neil Rankin/Twigg has nothing to do with East Fife...' blah, blah. 'New Stadium...' Why would this Q&A be any different?

Any more takers?!

St Pauli Fifer
The last Q&A was bullshit anyway. 'Neil Rankin/Twigg has nothing to do with East Fife...' blah, blah. 'New Stadium...' Why would this Q&A be any different?

Think you're missing the point here though SPF mate!!!

The fact is that another route of dialogue has now been opened and according to Eugene will be continued. It is a pity that the OP's question wasn't asked at the time yesterday but now this fact is in the open it can either be asked next time or asked at the next board meeting by Eugene, that is his function after all!!!

He is a Trust member working on the Club's Board on the Trust's behalf not a Board member who happens to be in the Trust. So ask him to bring it up!!!

It was brought up last time about Rankin/Twigg, KK, and was categorically denied. No point asking it again.

I also heard that 15 of our current squad have refused new contracts & that 12 of them had signed pre contracts with Raith Rovers. Scandelous to say the least that the Board haven't let us in on this foolhardy shenanegins!

Steven Nicholas has signed for us too.

Liam, no April Fool for me