Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ryan Wallace Incredible Goalscoring Feat

No-one since Billy McPhee in 1970-71 season has scored as many goals as Ryan has. Some achievement when you consider the passing of 40 years worth of goalscoring talent at Bayview. Hope he goes on to score a few more and stays at Bayview for our assault on Division 1 next season. Respect to Ryan and thanks to a certain Arbroath based fan for pointing this out.

Re: Ryan Wallace Incredible Goalscoring Feat

That should get him automatic god like and hall of fame status! When you add that to the cup run it really has been a hell of a season. Just hope we can get that play off place an who knows consign Rovers to div 2.

He gets a few with his head as well (arf, arf).

The kid knows where the back of the goal is, there's no doubt about that.

I reckon Robertson deserves huge credit for getting him back onto the straight and narrow as well.

Hopefully he stays a Fifer next year, but I'd imagine a few full-time clubs have taken note.

KotS
He gets a few with his head as well (arf, arf).

I see what you did there KotS

instead of spending money on terracing, we should use it to build a statue of ryan outside the ground.

"There`s only one Ryan Wallace, one Ryan Wallace. Walking along, singing a song, walking in a Wallace wonderland"

MaRY_BaLE
instead of spending money on terracing, we should use it to build a statue of ryan outside the ground.

What about terracing in the shape of Ryan Wallace?

The First 2 Finance Sports Direct @ Bayview Ryan Wallace End has a certain ring to it.

WFEFM
That should get him automatic god like and hall of fame status! When you add that to the cup run it really has been a hell of a season. Just hope we can get that play off place an who knows consign Rovers to div 2.

'a hell of a season'.

My word you're easily satisfied. Yes the wins in League Cup were superb but really in a weak division this season will only be a success if we make the play-offs. And even then it would be a qualified success with only promotion satisfying a grumpy auld git like me.

S-Pat
No-one since Billy McPhee in 1970-71 season has scored as many goals as Ryan has. Some achievement when you consider the passing of 40 years worth of goalscoring talent at Bayview. Hope he goes on to score a few more and stays at Bayview for our assault on Division 1 next season. Respect to Ryan and thanks to a certain Arbroath based fan for pointing this out.

Best strikers in those 40 years?

King Billy was really a midfielder so doesn't really count.

Out and out strikers then (in no particular order) - Durie, Deuchar, Hunter, Scott, Sludden, McManus, Wallace. There are no doubt others but my favoured two up front would be Durie and Hunter (or maybe Deuchs, then again possibly Scotty, or ok Ryan Wallace but only if he stays next season!).

Hugo Chavez
S-Pat

Out and out strikers then (in no particular order) - Durie, Deuchar, Hunter, Scott, Sludden, McManus, Wallace. There are no doubt others but my favoured two up front would be Durie and Hunter (or maybe Deuchs, then again possibly Scotty, or ok Ryan Wallace but only if he stays next season!).

Wrong. McPhee played left wing in 1970-71 in a 4-2-4 formation under Pat Quinn.

Old Timer
Hugo Chavez
S-Pat

Left wing so not an out and out striker then??

Confused
Old Timer
Hugo Chavez
S-Pat

Left wing so not an out and out striker then??

Certainly not in midfield. Old Timer is correct, McPhee played in the forward line when he first came to Bayview, wearing the number 11 shirt. Only in the last year with East Fife he wore the number 6 shirt. Even under Frank Christie in 1974-75 he was played wide left in the forward line .

Furthermore, The Seagull played five times as many games in midfield as he did a striker. It was only in the last few games of the 1983-84 season that Dave Clarke played him up front.

Off to Raith?

rath dont have a pot to piss in no way they will be paying a compensation fee,they only take players over 24 out of contract.

The compensation won't be much given that he's not been at East Fife for too long. A fee would be decided by tribunal, and it is likely that it would be minimal. Should the Pars be relegated then it is likely workable for Rovers.East Fife would also have to had matched the terms Rovers offered before a specific date to be entitled to it.

They only have to offer a contract similar or better than this years contract to be entitled to compensation. They don't have to match what is offered elsewhere. Could see him going to the Pars but not the rovers. Heard he was more likely to go down south if he goes.

Jim Jeffries was at the game on saturday wonder who he was watching? Ryan.

Dundee , looking at Ryan .

keizer
Jim Jeffries was at the game on saturday wonder who he was watching? Ryan.[/quote
By all accounts Bobby Linn is heading to East End Park so Jeffries was probably looking at him

Ryan undoubtedly deserves the step up, but I think it would be better for himself and his new club if he was to stay here on loan until at least January!

ryan is quality ill be gutted if he leaves but he deserves to be at a bigger club great player

I guess we might hear more tomorrow when his contract expires.

Even if Ryan leaves I still think that Dalziel will be a great player when he is fully fit.

Bobby Bingo
Even if Ryan leaves I still think that Dalziel will be a great player when he is fully fit.

Shouldn`t this post be on the AFTN Bingo thread?