Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Latest Score

think penalty was on the soft side but how the ref missed the clear push on Div in the 1st half was beyond me....badly missed darren smith's drive.Thought Cook n Campbell were stand outs.

ps..constant frustration? watching stoney trying to take a corner

Agree with everything that Bayview Boy has posted.
I think part of our problem is we play very narrow - so when the defenders ( or even central midfielders) look for an 'out' ball usually the only option is a punt up the park ( neither Hissy or Scott have been consistant in holding the ball up) Sloany is a must pick in my opinion as he gives us guile and craft but he's not a wide midfielder . Two wider midfielders would give us more options as well as providing the strikers with better quality passes , rather than relying in the long ball over the too or trying for the flick on all the time,

Looking at the remaining fixtures I am slightly concerned re Stenhousemuir's fixtures, away to Arbroath next week who are already assured second place, and may be on a bit of a downer having conceded the Championship, and then home to Forfar. I know Arbroath will hopefully be trying to ensure they maintain their form for the promotion play-offs and Forfar may still escape the play-off's for relegation, however I would still fancy their fixtures over ours as it is a certainty that either Airdrie or ourselves will drop vital points next week, and we have the worst goal difference. Still all to play for though, he who dares and all that. Mon the Fife!!

kenwit
think penalty was on the soft side but how the ref missed the clear push on Div in the 1st half was beyond me....badly missed darren smith's drive.Thought Cook n Campbell were stand outs.

ps..constant frustration? watching stoney trying to take a corner

Not just him nearly all attempts at corners yesterday were hopeless. Is there anyone in the squad that can take one that will get into the danger area?

zak
We badly missed Darren smith today.

By Fu@k what I would do to have him back along the road, someone actually capable of beating a man.