Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Roadworks

Anyone know how bad the delays have been approaching the Bridge at weekends,notice that resurfacing work is due this weekend and long delays expected.
Any alternate route info would be appreciated.

Re: Roadworks

I'd go through Dunfermline and via Kincardine.

I am going threw Leslie then heading for Crook of Devon then head for the new Kincardine Bridge then head for Glasgow cutting of for Airdrie.cmon the FIFE.

The road works stop at 10.30.

Traffic Scotland saying that the restrictions are on this weekend from 8pm Friday and 6am Monday.

kd
Traffic Scotland saying that the restrictions are on this weekend from 8pm Friday and 6am Monday.

That doesn`t make sense kd

Means restrictions start at 8 o'clock on Friday night & last right thru the weekend until 8 o'clock Monday morning, pretty clear me thinks. Kincardine Bridge for me for sure, for sure good buddy

Liam Anderson
Means restrictions start at 8 o'clock on Friday night & last right thru the weekend until 8 o'clock Monday morning, pretty clear me thinks. Kincardine Bridge for me for sure, for sure good buddy

But that`s not clear,as you are now saying 8am on Monday morning when kd said 6am on Monday.
It`s just getting all the more confusing now if you ask me and not as pretty clear as you think.

Okay made a mistake, Should have read 8pm Friday until 6am Monday.

kd
Anyone know how bad the delays have been approaching the Bridge at weekends,notice that resurfacing work is due this weekend and long delays expected.
Any alternate route info would be appreciated.

Left at 1215 last Saturday to get to whitehill welfare. Slight delay at crossgates sliproad but only a couple of mins. Past Rosyth, was clear over bridge. Even other side of bridge and newbridge was fine. Arrived at 1315, 15 mind earlier than needed.

Agree that dunfermline/kincardine prob safer route.

Hope you all get there safely

When you approach crossgates take the slip road up to crossgates, do not go straight on as this is where the delay is because everybody is queing to get into 1 lane on the M90. Anyway once you have taken the sliproad and get past the car garages take a left down to the M90 this puts you in the lane were there is no delay. I done this last week saved me about half an hour.

fife4life
When you approach crossgates take the slip road up to crossgates, do not go straight on as this is where the delay is because everybody is queing to get into 1 lane on the M90. Anyway once you have taken the sliproad and get past the car garages take a left down to the M90 this puts you in the lane were there is no delay. I done this last week saved me about half an hour.

Damn, I thought I was the only one with this cunning plan...

Yeah remember when you do this stick to the outside lane!

Any benefit in going on the A921 into Inverkeithing?

Might be as when i came to work this afternoon it was ok, but might be different on a saturday afternoon. I would stick with what ive said ive been doing it the last week and have not been delayed at all.

It's not just on this side of the bridge, there are thousands of cones (i.e. a single lane) on the M9 spur between the bridge and Newbridge, via Kincardine seems a safer bet to get there on time.

They are saying expect at least 30 min delay from Halbeath to beyond bridge.... Take all routes to Rosyth missing halbeath.....

Just crossed the Forth Bridge with no delays as the planned roadworks have been postponed.

Eugene Clarke
Just crossed the Forth Bridge with no delays as the planned roadworks have been postponed.

It's down to one lane all the way to the bridge though. If there is an accident, there could be some tailbacks.

Yip I wqas going to the airport. Reckon I would still use Kincardine to go to Airdrie

In fact just passed Halbeath going north and the queues from A92 on to M90 are building up so I would avood if possible.