Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
O/T: Help! Re Barry Robson

Barry Robson is coming to play for Vancouver Whitecaps this summer and I'm doing an interview with him this week.

Going to ask him about playing against the Fife for Forfar.

Does Jim Corstorphine, or any of our other esteemed photographers, out there have any pics of him playing for Forfar (ideally against the Fife), that I can use in the article?

I know it's a long shot going back to 1999 and 2000 but fingers crossed!

Huge thanks in advance if you can help!

Re: O/T: Help! Re Barry Robson

GoF
Barry Robson is coming to play for Vancouver Whitecaps this summer and I'm doing an interview with him this week.

Does Jim Corstorphine, or any of our other esteemed photographers, out there have any pics of him playing for Forfar (ideally against the Fife), that I can use in the article?

http://www.montrosefc.co.uk/Montrose%20FC%20Galleries/matches9900/scottyvforfar.jpg

You're welcome

Jonathan
GoF

http://www.montrosefc.co.uk/Montrose%20FC%20Galleries/matches9900/scottyvforfar.jpg

You're welcome

links ends forfar.jpg

Cheers JoJo but he's fecking tiny in that! Can't miss that ginger head though.

GoF
Cheers JoJo but he's fecking tiny in that! Can't miss that ginger head though.

I thought he was the Montrose player, when I first saw it, then I saw the beacon of hair behind him...

Mon the Whitecaps! Yaasssssss...

GoF you have e mail. Might be a long shot but hoepfully will work out.

Liam Anderson
GoF you have e mail. Might be a long shot but hoepfully will work out.
. One interviewer giving advice to another interviewer on what to ask and what topics to avoid ?

Bunch o bloody luvvies!

I remember him playing in a game for Forfar against East Fife at Station Park.I think he was on loan for ICT. He reminded me of Dougie Hope, but even worse. He played out on the wing and looked like a fish out of water. Never thought for a minute he would make the grade. Fair play to Barry for working at his game and becoming a Scotland player, maybe Forfar wasn't re
ady for his silky skiills.

OH!, FFS!!! Another Gof / Jon*th*n love-in!!
Sorry Gof, didn't officially start taking photos until 2006, but I did have a camera at some games before that. Will look through what I have, but I really don't think I have what you need.