Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hissy

Bob Moyes

Some of the comments on Bobby Linn are in my view nonsense - we will not replace him with someone of the same standard.

Exactly. What ever Bobby's performances were like this season, he's a confidence player and I'd rather have had him playing for East Fife than not. It was almost certainly the 'disgrace' shout that made him decide to leave. The player who replaces him will not be of the same quality, as Bob says.

Sad to lose a player with a vast amount of experience in the game but too alot of stick most games and during his first spell for us considering he played for the Kdy mob that won the leauge during his time there.

Great guy to have in and around the club, always done his job professionally...oh well i managed to get him to sign my programme and was committed to the club If true thanks for your committment hope they will be another team either in this leauge or Div 3 for ye big man

Mon The Fife!

No real loss, Dalziel, McQuade and Wallace are better options.

Benitez
Copy and paste job from his Twitter..

"Last game for East Fife 2morrow due 2personal reasons. Had 2 great seasons there+looking forward 2 hopefully a winning send off #monthefife"

Wish Hissy all the best in wherever he ends up next season!

Em, do I take it he doesn't expect us to make the play-offs then?

S Pat is spot on. Might be a decent fella but Christ he was finished as a player before he signed for us. Ovenstone is another who is done. Johnstone simply not good enough at 2nd div level.
Big clearout required!

I'm disappointed because Dalziel and McQuade have been piss poor this season, and I can't see Wallace being here next season. Good luck to Hissy where ever he goes though!

Poo Shoot
No real loss, Dalziel, McQuade and Wallace are better options.

Ryan yes but he will be away. McQuade and Dalziel, you are having a laugh. You obviously know hee haw about football. Just my opinion so dont get your knickers in a twist. After watching yesterday's game, and plenty others, Big Scotty is not the answer. In fact, I worry that if the majority of these players yesterday do sign on again, we will need some real quality coming in to stand any chance of reaching the play offs let alone win the league. No doubt you will argue it was the last game of the season - nothing to play for. What about us fans!!!

Hissy was not every one's cup of tea but he has gone now so you would think that we could move on. But no, some clowns still like to slag him off one last time. I am not suggesting that we should praise unnecessarily but get a grip some of you. Who will be next season's target for some of you saddos, hiding behind the Forum?

Can't say I'm sad Hissy is leaving. He's not been anywhere approaching good for the club and his rants about the support on twitter and facebook have been nothing short of an embarrassment. I was particularly disappointed to read his homophobic comments made on Bobby Linn's page the other day. A good example why footballers should probably leave social media alone.

Regardless, I wish him all the best for the future, particularly with his opticians. I don't expect he'll be back at Bayview as an opposition player next season, so best of luck for that too.

JohnnyYoung
Can't say I'm sad Hissy is leaving. He's not been anywhere approaching good for the club and his rants about the support on twitter and facebook have been nothing short of an embarrassment. I was particularly disappointed to read his homophobic comments made on Bobby Linn's page the other day. A good example why footballers should probably leave social media alone.

Regardless, I wish him all the best for the future, particularly with his opticians. I don't expect he'll be back at Bayview as an opposition player next season, so best of luck for that too.

What A FUCKIN KNOB YOU ARE . Honestly GET TO FUCK !

mr305
JohnnyYoung

Sorry mate, you're right. Hissy has been superb for us over the last 2 seasons, I can't believe we've let him go and have no idea how we'll cope without him. His conduct on the internet is exactly as I'd expect from a seasoned professional and I expect he'll get a move back to the first next season.

Honestly, what is it with people on this forum? If you get that angry about a post as inoffensive as that you might want to inform your carer about it pal.

mr305
JohnnyYoung

Care to explain? Someone expressing a reasonable viewpoint is a fuckin knob in your opinion. There is only one knob here and that my friend is you.

To Mr 305,

You considered getting help for that attitude issue you possess?
Without doubt the worst post I've read this year and absolutey no need for it. Grow up!

S-Pat
Will go down as one of the poorest strikers we've had, be nice to get strikers who can fire in a few goals per season.

Who are you going to vindicate next year. Another year same shite from uou i would guess.

Steven Tarditti.

davy reid
S-Pat
Will go down as one of the poorest strikers we've had, be nice to get strikers who can fire in a few goals per season.

Who are you going to vindicate next year. Another year same shite from uou i would guess.

Interesting you don't disagree with me though, neither do many other fans, because I am not dishing out personal abuse, merely sating my opinion unlike some of the responders, you and Andrew Miller included. Have a think about it next time.

Vindicate: To clear of accusation, blame, suspicion, or doubt with supporting arguments or proof.

S-Pat
davy reid
S-Pat

Interesting you don't disagree with me though, neither do many other fans, because I am not dishing out personal abuse, merely sating my opinion unlike some of the responders, you and Andrew Miller included. Have a think about it next time.

I think that we have got more to worry about rather than continue to criticise a player who has decided to leave the club and then exchange pops at one another. The usual for this Forum!

Hislop, by his admission, has agreed that he should have scored more goals. I would agree with him. You might care to listen to his interview on EFtv after the "highlights" of the Arbroath game and the interviews with Durie and Wallace. But please lets move on. I am sure that you and all the other critics/experts will have plenty to say next season on the players then! I wonder who will be the centre of attention then. I can hardly wait!

S-Pat
davy reid
S-Pat

Whatever you say mate. I couldn't care less if you slate players etc...thats your call. I personally don't see the need, it decourages players and creates a bad atmosphere but go ahead crack on.

Think i'll take a break from here now until all of this blows over or until aftn becomes about football again. See you's in August

Andrew Miller
S-Pat
davy reid
S-Pat

Whatever you say mate. I couldn't care less if you slate players etc...thats your call. I personally don't see the need, it decourages players and creates a bad atmosphere but go ahead crack on.

Think i'll take a break from here now until all of this blows over or until aftn becomes about football again. See you's in August

I agree, should be about football and nothing else.

Oh, think you'll find it's discourages, not decourages. Tut Tut!