Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Paul McManus

Could`nt agree more. With Paul in the team this season we would have easily made the play offs, at least.

Come on Paul...you know you want to!!

Would love him back but don't think we can get him . He is a great player at this level score's for fun and am sure he will be marked by a host of clubs after a good year at brechin

Quote from a Brechin fan on P&B. "As for McManus I'm sure Weir will have been desperate to keep him but sounds like he had his heart set on returning to East Fife I think - he wasn't 'released' as such." Would love to see him back at Bayview!

Money save on Linn`s wages could maybe help get McManus back at New Bayview.
If only Wallace was to stay.....what a strikeforce!!

I would love us to have them both but arent they too similar to play as a strike pair? If we keep Ryan then Paul would be great cover or maybe in a slightly deeper role behind a front two. I wouldnt write off Daziell yet tho. I think if fully fit he gives us another option up front.

I spoke to paul it is up to the club if they want him.

Spending the money bring Paul back would be an indication from the Board that they are serious about making a promotion push next season.

At some point they have to splash the cahs or what's the point really?

GoF
Spending the money bring Paul back would be an indication from the Board that they are serious about making a promotion push next season.

At some point they have to splash the cahs or what's the point really?

Agreed. I would say tho, maybe the board haven't been all that bad in recent years. We havent exactly went crazy in the transfer windows, but they did tie down the likes of bobbly linn, broony etc last year in the hope of a promotion push. Hopefully they will help out the new management team with some of the cash from the good cup runs last year if there is any left.

Talking about making cash available tho, has there been any talk about sponsorship for next year? The last few years it seems to have been a mad dash to find somebody with raffles etc, do we have someone in place/prospective sponsors? They maybe have already agreed sponsorship with somebody and i'm miles behind everyone else.

i've heard they cant release the saltire strip until sponsorship is sorted out.

Signing Mcmanus would be good but we did have a good goal-scorer this year and ended up nearer bottom than top so obviously other areas would be better strenghened 1st.

regardless who we sign we All really need to get behind whoever plays...me included!

Courier today saying he's on his way to East Fife. Nothing on ra fishal site yet. Happy if thats true

Oatis Redding
Shagger has left Brechin, lets get him in to spearhead the attack next season. With Smith in the middle, Campbell at the back and Broony in goal that would be an excellent spine of a good side.

Good idea and i would be happy if he does come back for a third spell with us, does score goals where ever he's been

Can't agree with the McManus love-in. Would be a backwards step imo - past his best and his attitude is terrible. I'd rather we looked at younger, more affordable, heart-on-sleeve type players, not mercenaries like Paul.

well head down to bayview and tell durie who u want

What a twat how can you say his attidude is bad? Mcmanus when he played for us showed all the player's what it means to play for the fife. Scores goals for fun, runs all day, set's up goals that to me show's he is not past it. Just finished player of the year at brechin and finished top scorer with a team full of good striker's with 17 goals . You a raith fan by any chance or did shagger pump your wife

Big bob
What a twat how can you say his attidude is bad? Mcmanus when he played for us showed all the player's what it means to play for the fife. Scores goals for fun, runs all day, set's up goals that to me show's he is not past it. Just finished player of the year at brechin and finished top scorer with a team full of good striker's with 17 goals . You a raith fan by any chance or did shagger pump your wife

Don't think the personal abuse/accusations were called for, I'm only expressing an opinion. I don't know what I'm more offended at, accusations that McManus shagged my wife or the accusation that I'm a R*ith fan. 20 years an East Fife season ticket holder - sorry to disappoint.

If McManus does sign he still needs to prove himself. I wasn't disapointed when he turned us down 2 years ago or last year. He is a decent player but not as good as Wallace IMO. We need to be careful of the hype - mcquade springs to mind, templeman and even hislop were all given too much hype.

Paul's past counts for nothing. If he signs, he's got a job to do and I hope he can rise to the challenge. If not then someone else will get the chance to wear the number 9 shirt.

So were you at the games this year ? Thought not mcmanus is great player at this level and a lot of people would love him back so go and take your season ticket down the road.

Big bob
So were you at the games this year ?

Would be daft to have a season ticket and *not* go to games, don't you think?[/quote]

Big bob
Thought not mcmanus is great player at this level and a lot of people would love him back so go and take your season ticket down the road.

I'm sure they would, in the same vein that a lot of people wouldn't want him back. It's all about opinions, I disagree with yours but don't feel the need to dish out abuse. Keyboard warriors like yourself are causing bad feeling amongst the fans and the players.

Mary all those players failed when they were with us mcmanus didn't. Every year he was with us he was good for us. Mcmanus doesn't need to prove he can do it he does it every year with every club he has been at. A lot of clubs would snap him up in a second due to him alway's doing it every year. We might not even get him but I hope we do along with a few other's from other teams

I'm fallind asleep zzzzz zzzzzzzz

i used to think mcmanus had a bad attitude but thats what you get when u listen to rovers supporting maets i think hed be a great addittion to the team he scores for fun and is a east fife ledgend come home paul

Ask any brechin fan and they will tell you shagger kept them up last season.The twice i saw him play against east fife he worked his socks off and scored a peach against us at bayview.He will give you 110% every game.Dont think his scoring is as prolific as wallace but probably holds the ball up better,and is stronger on the ball.I would love to see them play together next season as they would pull defences all over the place with their movement.Let us pray to the footballing gods for this to come true.

MaRY_BaLE
If McManus does sign he still needs to prove himself.he's got a job to do and I hope he can rise to the challenge

thats why they call him shagger

You serious ?? Every team he has been at he's ended up top goal scorer. If Shagger signs he'll come with the best attitude and play every week for the jersey. He left 2 years ago to play abroad, something that every player would love the chance to do and East Fife didn't do much to keep him when Craw was the manager.

Well said mcmanus is a goal scorer and a very good player for this division. Come on ryan stay and play with another goal machine and we could be in the 1st division next year with a winner's medal. If durie can get these 2 then he is the man to take us forward if he can attract player's like that. Ryan if your reading this please stay.

#shagger no 9

Any Fife fan or here who says Paul McManus has a bad attitude clearly doesn`t go to games! The guys works his arse aff, scores goals, creates goals and gives the defenders grief all game. I would have him back at Bayview in a minute, him and Wallace would be frightening together.

bayview bob
i used to think mcmanus had a bad attitude but thats what you get when u listen to rovers supporting maets i think hed be a great addittion to the team he scores for fun and is a east fife ledgend come home paul

Never questioned McManus' attitude at Stark's Park. Just accept that you've been whooshed by a F*fe season ticket holder.

I'll be the first to admit Shagger is brilliant at this level but I just feel that he has had his best days at the club and that we should go with youth again ie. look for another Ryan Wallace.

Just my opinion though and if Shagger does come in this summer then I hope he proves me wrong.

If we sign players like McManus we should be challenging for the league or at least make the play-offs.

You cant possibly say that if we sign Shagger then we should be challenging for a play off spot i.e we had Ryan Wallace who out scored Shagger all year and in my opinion a better player and still did not make the play offs so im afraid to say that 1 player will take East Fife to the play offs -

with the likes off Bobby Linn leaving the club too its a sad day Bobby has been fantastic and can change games in an instant we need to bring in some young talent that will give everything for the club and to play to better them selfs!

Jamie_Bhoy
You cant possibly say that if we sign Shagger then we should be challenging for a play off spot i.e we had Ryan Wallace who out scored Shagger all year and in my opinion a better player and still did not make the play offs so im afraid to say that 1 player will take East Fife to the play offs -

with the likes off Bobby Linn leaving the club too its a sad day Bobby has been fantastic and can change games in an instant we need to bring in some young talent that will give everything for the club and to play to better them selfs!

No bingo points for you Jamie.

Heard the day mcmanus has a few teams in 2nd division wanting to take him Arbroath, Alloa, Stenhousemuir and few other's. I don't think we have a chance with the cash that's geting put about at those clubs.

It's a sad day when clubs such as Arbroath, Alloa and Stenhousemuir can offer more money than we can.

Quocia
It's a sad day when clubs such as Arbroath, Alloa and Stenhousemuir can offer more money than we can.

Arbroath still have some of the profits from the Sky match v Rangers.
Stenhousemuir receive ground rental from East Stirling
and Alloa have major investment from their board.

Quocia
Why is this sad? It's times ppl woke up and realised we are no longer better or bigger than these so called lesser teams.

Yes loads of fans woke up years ago, did realise this and no longer come. Why bother? We're a third rate outfit, mismanaged for decades and going absolutely nowhere.

Depressing but true.

DPH
Quocia
Why is this sad?

Because we charge more on the gate and get bigger crowds (I think) as well as having better facilities than these teams.

i was in the brewers fayre on wed afternoon and spotted shagger with paul hartley, deep in conversation. hope hes no signed for alloa

Think he is signing tonight

For who?

Wait n c

Both Pauls had successfull interviews and will sign for Brewer's Fayre on Monday

Heard its Arbroath or Alloa at my work, if true then I will be gutted because would love him back doing what he does best great player and person come home paul

At my place they're convinced he's Arbroath bound, or possibly Alloa, or maybe Stenny. A few of the others reckon it's Raith or Airdrie or Forfar or Thornton Hibs. I reckon he's coming to East Fife but then I don't know shit.

Paul has signed for US today. Confirmed.