Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: home fans

well, lets get behind the team next season, better atmosphere, more singing etc!

hissy gave everything for the club, you could see that everytime. no wonder he fucked off when he is getting abuse. remember airdrie away, who ever went ? we were without bobby and we got humped.

could any of you play at this level?

cowden fans got behind their players, encouraged them. why cant we do that?

if your no happy fuck off, get behind the team and whoever is playing for us

What abuse is hyslop getting?

All I'm reading is fans saying he wasn't up to scratch. And I guess that's one of the reasons he wasn't offered a new contract.

eftid
hissy gave everything for the club, you could see that everytime. no wonder he fucked off when he is getting abuse. remember airdrie away, who ever went ? we were without bobby and we got humped.

could any of you play at this level?

cowden fans got behind their players, encouraged them. why cant we do that?

if your no happy fuck off, get behind the team and whoever is playing for us

Maybe the Cowdenbeath fans got behind their team because they were playing good football and were at the top of the league??

MaRY_BaLE
What abuse is hyslop getting?

All I'm reading is fans saying he wasn't up to scratch. And I guess that's one of the reasons he wasn't offered a new contract.

I think that it is well documented that Hislop should have scored more goals; he accepts this himself. He had other things to offer but some couldnt see this. I think if you have a look at the interview on EFtv,it appears that Hislop was not going to sign whether or not he was offered a contract. You, of course, may know something the rest of us don't. (Small detail - try and get his name right!)

As I have said on other sites, the guy is now away so lets move on for goodness sake.

i put in another thread that we probably dont have anymore moaning fans than any other team if thats what bobby thinks then thats up to him i think no less of him for saying it as hes been a great servant to the club i wish him all the best where ever it is hes going

Ballingry

That's Ayr and Arbroath confirmed (and QoS and Alloa) in our league next season. MUCH harder league next season already than the one we've just finished 6th in IMO. Nightmare. We blew it big style.

win or lose, im still a fifer until the day i die, get behind the boys instead of just giving them stick!

win or lose, im still a fifer until the day i die, get behind the boys instead of just giving them stick!

here here

supporting east fife is not a choice. its in your blood. keep the faith all you regulars...u never know whats gonna happen!

Hi Bruce not heard from you for awhile.

Half the trouble on here is over optimism.
Year after year we hear widely exagerated claims of how good we are when in reality year after year we fail to deliver.
Maybe if we calmed the beans and realised we`re pretty average at best expectations might be a touch more realistic.
Next season i predict we`ll be no better than this season with a mid table finish at best and still the worst team in Fife.
I`ll still go. Its what being a supporter is all about.

Opinion

Next season i predict we`ll be no better than this season with a mid table finish at best and still the worst team in Fife.

Whatever happens that last bit will be true but if I thought all we had to look forward to was another season the same as the one just finished (which was the same as the one before that and the one before that) then I don't think I'd bother going.

Opinion
Half the trouble on here is over optimism.
Year after year we hear widely exagerated claims of how good we are when in reality year after year we fail to deliver.
Maybe if we calmed the beans and realised we`re pretty average at best expectations might be a touch more realistic.
I`ll still go. Its what being a supporter is all about.

Any idea how a smaller rival club can do SO much better than East Fife? Why are they better than average opposed to us? They didn't need to buy the 3rd div title and then the second div. Why is it we'll be no better than average? (you're right by the way). I genuinely don't get it....??

For the record, I think we'll finish 5-7th next season and I have no expectations, but as for the season just finished, top 4 wasn't an over optimistic expectation (just as winning the league wasn't for Cowden, nor for Dumbarton going for promotion)

I think Cowden woke up and smelled the coffee before we did.
They've appointed had a string of good young managers who had played the game at a much higher level.
They are probably at least 5 years ahead of us in their investment in the youth development system
They have had regular income from other sources (stock cars and thursday market) that probably means they are less reliant on paying customers than us and can therefore maybe pay some players higher wages

While all that was going on we had Broon and our mysterious real owner, had some pretty uninspiring managers, failed to consolidate on promotion by strengthening and splashed the cash for short term fixes under WG.(Not complaining bout that tho)

Tho some questions remain I think we may look back in the Craws appointment as the turning point for us in looking to go down a different route at the club. Im more confident that with contracted youth team , and the two Gordons in place we are going in right direction, albeit 10 years after we should have.