Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Squad for 2012/2013

From the official site:The squad so far :-

Michael Brown

Andrew Cook

Scott Durie

Craig Johnstone

Div Muir

Robert Sloan

Darren Smith

David White

We are bidding farewell however to Steven Hislop, Neil Janczyk, Paul McQuade & John Ovenstone. The Club would like to thank them all for their contribution to the team in the past and wish them all every success for the future.

Re: Squad for 2012/2013

Pity it never worked out for McQuade but we'll hopefully get McManus back.

Happy to see Brown and Smith staying on, hope we can get Campbell re-signed too.

Presumably the club have offered terms to:

Andrew Collier
Steven Campbell
Darren McCormack
Bobby Linn
Ryan Wallace
Scott Dalziel

who are all keeping their options open.

So far I'm delighted that Darren Smith is staying. If we can keep Wallace as well I'll be very, very happy. Think letting McQuade go is a mistake if Wallace does leave.

sammy
From the official site:The squad so far :-

Michael Brown

Andrew Cook

Scott Durie

Craig Johnstone

Div Muir

Robert Sloan

Darren Smith

David White

We are bidding farewell however to Steven Hislop, Neil Janczyk, Paul McQuade & John Ovenstone. The Club would like to thank them all for their contribution to the team in the past and wish them all every success for the future.

Of those I feel only Brown, Durie, Smith and Sloan would be likely starters for a decent team next season. The squad needs some serious additions.

Johnstone is hopeless at this level. Not even a decent squad addition. He needs to be moved on.

Superb. Right on the boys back. Well done.

Albert Tatlock

On his back in what way?

carrots
Johnstone is hopeless at this level. Not even a decent squad addition. He needs to be moved on.

Basically,these are the players that YOUR manager has entrusted to play for YOUR team...if u dont back them then STAY AWAY !

carrots
Albert Tatlock

On his back in what way?

once again total negativity finds its way on to this forum ya ginger scumbag.
go down the pub and say that to his face on saturday ya fud

Stoney chases back and pops up at the back post wi a goal. He was injured alot this season still a good player

Decent at the moment and i hope mccormack and collier signs on, gives us a centre back and goalie who is improving his game too maybe daziel did score a couple of goals near the end since he came back from injury

Looks like Campbell has signed for next season. His name now appears on the list on the official site.

got the basis of a good squad there depending who we get in i reckon well be challenging for the league or platoffs at least

I see local boy Greehan scored for Stranraer today. What happened to us signing him a while back? Didn't he have an unsuccessful trial with us or something? Would take Templeman back in a heartbeat (only as an out-an-out centre forward this time).

So Stuart Cargill.... Plays for Dundonald now after being released by the fife last year.... 20+ goals so far.... Never got a real chance at the Fife....worth a second look I think! Speak to the manager of Dundonald and by all accounts he has been on fire at this level... Thoughts?

To be fair though its a really bad standard. The playerks from that league are all over weight and booze bags. Cargi did get his chance and wasn't good enough for the 3rd never mind 2nd.

Crawford gave him his chance and he never took it, he is not good enough. As for greehan has done hee haw in the 3rd so no thanks

Never given the chance in the right position..... So no better than Daziel?

Campbell great, best defender in the league.

Now we need 2 forwards and 2 wide players and we are sorted.

Any news on Bobby and Ryan - heard that Falkirk have looked and not interested in Ryan?

Supporter

9 players signed, and you only want to add 4 more?

Supporter

Sorted for a relegation struggle you mean. We need 7 or 8 quality players in order to compete in what will be a much tougher league than the season just finished.

I'll be jumped on for being negative with 3 months till next season but we need to open our eyes and be honest about how good the players that are already signed actually are.

Sorry guys didnt explain myself there.

I know we need a bigger squad but i was suggesting that our biggest priority now has to be forward thinking players.

We have no forwards and limited options for wide players.

We have the bones of a team but not many options going forward.

Supporter

I must be missing something about Campbell. Good yes, best certainly not. If he is the best in the league, why has he not signed for another club who finished higher than the Fife? At fault for the first goal against Airdrie (a poor lot IMO and look at them now, possible 1st Division!)and take a look at his "attempts" to deal with the third goal against Arbroath. He backs off from any tackle and then lets the cross over for the boy to tap in. Lets hope I am proved wrong next season.

Picking out a couple of mistakes is a pretty pathetic attempt at qualifying how good or bad player is. Ryan Wallace is as good a srtriker as there is in the 2nd Div but you probably don't rate him because he has missed a few sitters. There are few players at any level who don't drop a few clangers during the season.
I seem to remember a few games where Campbell was by far our best player.

Supporter

Best defender in the league? Come off the drink pal. Good player, good on the ball, good at at attacking the ball but prone to diving in and making rash challenges that have cost us dear. Has potential though I won't disagree. But best defender in the league...nonsense. The 2 centre halfs at the likes of Cowdenbeath, Arbroath and Dumbarton are miles better. If he was the best defender in the league, he wouldn't be in this division or signed on again at East Fife

Oh oh
Supporter

If he was the best defender in the league, he wouldn't be in this division

Comedy gold!

Kings of Fife
Oh oh
Supporter

Comedy gold!

How? It's true!!!! If he was that good, he wouldn't be at us. Fact

Kings of Fife
Oh oh
Supporter

Comedy gold!

Please stop using that username for the next year. Salt and wounds. Thank you kindly.

A gentle man
Kings of Fife
Oh oh
Supporter

Comedy gold!

Please stop using that username for the next year. Salt and wounds. Thank you kindly.

Here is the deal. I'll stop using it when we are no longer the most successful team in the kingdom. Okay?
Until then I remain proud to support the Kings of Fife.

word in the west is that martin hardie on way to the fife. cult hero most places he has played an could do a job fot us centre back midfield or forward. good signing who would help our young players no end

Oh oh

If our good players can't be good because if they were good they wouldn't be our players, does that mean we can never have good players?

Oh oh
Kings of Fife
Oh oh
Supporter

Comedy gold!

WOOOOOSH!

Cowdengelly have released the following players;

Dene Droudge, Danny Mackay, Steve Bennett, Paul Byrne, Youssef Bejaoui, Zane Powell and Anesu Tabengwa.

Anybody reckon there's anybody on this list who might be worth a look at???

Dene Droudge if he can stay free from injury.

Zane Powell young local lad. Tipped for great things when schoolboy,lots of interest from spl clubs, suffered from injuries though

We currently have no strikers signed for next season.

Just read on Facebook that Paul McQuade was told by Durie that he would keep in touch with him over the summer.

Hopefully he can get himself fit and get a second chance.

Ovy has signed for Linlithgow.

After abit of Twitter stalking, You can add Daz McCormack to the list.

As things stand, this season's squad is:

Michael Brown - Goalie

David Muir - defensive-midfielder

David White - centre-back

Scott Durie - Right back

Andrew Cook - full-back

Darren Smith - centre midfield

Robert Sloan - Winger

Paul McManus - striker

Hmm have I missed anyone...? I haven't herd of any new signings been annouced by the club but its only the start of June so who knows eh
already there's too much threads about bobby linn leaving the club (Yawn) personally I thought the guy was a key player in his time with us and we badly missed him and ryan against airdrie in the run-up to the play-offs that we never archived last season, always remember his goal vs the lino mob that was amazing.

Hmm, not a title winning squad by any means. Early doors I know but would be good to hear of a few new signings.

C'mon any rumours? Realistic ones please, no stupid shit!

Heard that Wedderburn could be coming to us he was training and offered a deal last season before he signed for Arbroath

Campbell is listec on official site and mccormack posted on his twitter he wouls see scott durie next season but not sure if he's signed or not.

McCormack signed roughly bout same time shagger did

I heard through a friend of a friend of an acquaintence that we are on the verge of signing another forward player who if the stories are true (& my sources are impecible) will link up rather nicely with Shagger

Ear to the ground
I heard through a friend of a friend of an acquaintence that we are on the verge of signing another forward player who if the stories are true (& my sources are impecible) will link up rather nicely with Shagger

McBride.

MaRY_BaLE
Ear to the ground

McBride.

Joe? Good player in his day, but getting on a bit now.

Scott McBride from the Rovers. Decent player but has been unfortunate with injuries. Not a striker though - more of a left midfielder / winger. Heard we are after a striker who would be a good partner for Shagger - hopefully that rumour is true !

Bayviewboy
Scott McBride from the Rovers. Decent player but has been unfortunate with injuries. Not a striker though - more of a left midfielder / winger. Heard we are after a striker who would be a good partner for Shagger - hopefully that rumour is true !

Deuchar.

He'll have to train hard pre-season......

Gareth Wardlaw's been released by Ayr? Always been a good player at this level. He'd be a great partner for Shagger.

So far the squad looks good. But still need better additions. What do you guys think?

Wardlaw or Colin Samuel if he isn't already signed up for anyone yet they could be nice upfront with shagger
What about Iain Williamson ex pars player was at the rovers think he is released, not sure if he has that quality now.
Mark Gilhaney is another one too to add to the list, love to see Deuchar back at the club but like someone said he'll have to work hard during these coming months.

Is this the same Deuchar that was deemed not good enough for Stenhousemuir by staff and fans?

No thanks.

And the same one who if im right in thinking retired himself about a month ago!?

0nce Scott Dalziel is fully fit he`ll be a great player for us.

As long as there's Darren and Michael. I'm good.

Scott Daziel needs to sign, he will be sensational when fully fit!

Official East Fife site the following are listed as squad 2012/2013

Michael Brown
Steven Campbell
Scott Durie
Craig Johnstone
Robert Sloan
David Muir
Andrew Cook
Darren Smith
David White
Scott Dalziel
Darren McCormack
Paul McManus
Andrew Collier

Getting there slowly.

The sc gave a cheque for £1500 to the manager last night. Hope he puts it to good use

Hopefully Durie is biding his time to make a number of very good signings but I'm concerned that we've re-signed too many that simply weren't good enough last season - and this season will be a much harder league.

Glad to see Brown,Campbell and Smith in there - and McManus-Dalziel have potential up front. A few of the others have much to prove, yes they can all be great on their day but we need their day to be more frequent than once every 3 weeks.

I think there's a good nucleus of a team there as there was last season. I was never convinced that we had a settled spine of the team under Robbo. Brown, Campell Smith and McManus look a more formidable line particulary if Stevie continues to improve and stays clear of injury.
Last season one of our best player (Sloan) was warming the bench far too often. I also feel Cook and Daziel could be like new signings for us.Remember Cooky spent early season in China and Dazza was injured for chunks of the season.

One or two more players would be good but its also down to those who have renewed to up their game again. We do have young players who are still developing and will benefit from the pre season the 2 Gordons will put them thru.

WFEFM
One or two more players would be good.

That's a massive understatement! I adore McManus as a footballer and am over the moon he's back, but as it stands we're a weaker team without, even an out of form Linn, and Wallace who was sensational. And last season's stronger team struggled to 6th. We need 5-6 good players if we've any ambition.

If we don't add quality we'll be lucky to finish 6-7th.

Gareth Wardlaw on his way???

I really do hope Durie has funds available to add some quality to the team or it could be a very long season in a much harder 2nd div.

It looks a decent ,experienced squad so far.Hope we can add some pace and energy with future signings.
Think one of the reasons for our poor home form was that we struggled to match other sides in getting round the big pitch at Bayview.

A skillful winger who can go out side defenders and whip the crosses in as well as score a few next on wish list. James McFadden?