Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Signings

Heard from a very reliable source that Shagger is close to signing for us and Wallace is tempted to stay for another season or least till Jan to see how things go. Also heard Durie wants Darren Dods nd Craig Wedderburn for centre half next year

Re: New Signings

Shagger - possible
Ryan Wallace - highly doubt as hes apparently going high 1st division , Darren Dodds & Craig Wedderburn would be good together but what about David White and Stevie Campbell??

Its all speculation!
I would be the 1st to shake the boards hand though if they could get Wallace to stay

I like campbell and white but only when white is not injured or suspended

Mcmanus would be a great sighning but sadly I don't think he will come back. We could have got him last year but he went to brechin and that for me cost us a play off place. Him and wallace would have won us far more game's than we did. Good player at this level and both would be good but won't happen .

Big fan of wedderburn.

Dods was a mainstay of the Falkirk team last year. If he can stay fit for the season he'd be a great signing for us.

I'd have Davidson from raith (they are going part time).

Deuchar anyone?

Deucher = Retired

im certain i saw in the press a couple of weeks back that darren dodds had penned a new deal to stay with falkirk next season.

MaRY_BaLE

I'd have Davidson from raith (they are going part time).

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

According to evening paper in dundee,both dundee and dunfermline looking at wallace very closely,pars also after linn

If Wallace stays then credit must go to the board. Can't blame the boy if he leaves tho and good luck to him if he does. Would love to have Shagger back at Bayview.

A few players who have been freed who might be of interest to us.
Ross Forsyth - freed by Morton, ex Stirling Albion - good left back
Alan Cook - freed by Stirling Albion - left winger gave Scott Durie a tough time a couple of weeks ago
Bryan Gilfillan - freed by Annan, ex Cowden. Don't know how old he is but always did well against us.
Paul Di Giacomo - freed by Morton, decent goalscorer at our level
Andy Jackson - freed by Morton, ex St Johnstone striker

Would love to see Ryan Wallace up front with Paul McManus next year. We live in hope !

Here`s one Id like to see in the Black & Gold ( if Dunfy release him)................Martin Hardie.

Slow ( always has been) but decent skill and nounce and grit in abundance!

Think he would help get the best out of our younger players.

Weve been crying out for someone like him for 3-4 seasons now.

Wee Steve Murray has been released by Stenny.

Hi folks - please be careful when posting rumours saying someone heard something could lead to trouble with regards to confidentiality.

Thankye Kindly.

o

Kerriann
Hi folks - please be careful when posting rumours saying someone heard something could lead to trouble with regards to confidentiality.

Thankye Kindly.

And your point is?

NOT ALLOWED
Heard from a very reliable source that Shagger is close to signing for us and Wallace is tempted to stay for another season or least till Jan to see how things go. Also heard Durie wants Darren Dods nd Craig Wedderburn for centre half next year

ALLOWED
What A FUCKIN KNOB YOU ARE . Honestly GET TO FUCK !

Just more proof that forums can help teach what is acceptable and what is not. I'm off to join the really interesting people on Facebook.

STEVIE MURRAY BEEN RELEASED BY STENNY ! THINK OUR BID HAS BEEN DWARFED BY BIGGER CLUBS !

BlackNGold86
Also heard Durie wants Darren Dods nd Craig Wedderburn for centre half next year

i read something i couple of months back that dodds is staying on at Falkirk if true am sure there is many centre backs out of contract this summer...maybe andy graham or even bobby barr as replacement for Linn.

The only replacement for Bobby is Bobby, I would love to see Stevie(hi-ho)Murray playing for us.

Iain Davidson from *them* would be a good signing but he is in talks with a couple of top-end first division sides (Falkirk and Dundee I heard)as well as having a full-time offer from Wraith so seems he won't be needing to look at part-time football.

I rest my case raith fan go bck to your own site

Big bob
I rest my case raith fan go bck to your own site

For the hard of reading:

Bay-phew

20 years an East Fife season ticket holder - sorry to disappoint.

I don't understand the abuse and accusations being levelled at me, merely for expressing an opinion you don't agree with. Maybe it's you who's the R*ith supporter?