Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AFTN Bingo

Close-season boredom and all that...

Can I have a point every time someone posts the phrase "... should be challenging for the league or at least make the play-offs" during the run-up to next season.

What other phrases would be worth a few points over the Summer?

Re: AFTN Bingo

KotS
"... should be challenging for the league or at least make the play-offs" during the run-up to next season.

I wish. That's soooo last season.

KotS

Can I have a point every time someone posts the phrase "... should be challenging for the league or at least make the play-offs" during the run-up to next season.

"Paul McManus scores for fun"

"New Bayview has a poor atmosphere"

The latter really gets on my tits as it's fans that create an atmosphere not stadiums.

The Euro Championships will also provide the predictable

"I don't mind England but it's the commentators I can't stand"

"When will they mention 1966?"

"......1966......"

"England expects"

The scotch pies are not as good as Morelands pies!!

Consolidate.

Jim Costorphines age.

"how many of you moaners have actually played the game?"

"We need an experienced manager"

"The stripes on our new home top are 2.5mm too wide"

"We won't win anything until the players are wearing white shorts"

"Get behind the players"

"You're not a real fan"

"these pies are shite"

"We should be walking this League with the players we've got"

"Must be a Raith/Cowden/Dunfermline supporter", as soon as anyone expresses an opinion different to their own.

"No doubt the usual suspects will be on his back before he's even kicked a ball, let's give the lad a chance", by folk attempting to pre-empt others moaning about a new signing.

Once the season is underway:

"That's a game we would have lost/drawn last season", after nicking a draw/win where we've played poorly.

"On another day we'd have scored *insert large number here*", after a frustrating game in front of goal.

"That performance was just a bad day at the office."

"Why can't we take a corner kick ?"

Not The Other Chairman
"
"The stripes on our new home top are 2.5mm too wide"

We're getting stripes after all, NTOC???

"Dalziel will be some player once he`s fully fit"

"Some people just don`t understand what Hyslop brought to the team,cos they`ve never played senior football!"

"Ovvy should have been retained as he tries hard and is local"

grass is too long/short/green

Never played senior football
"Dalziel will be some player once he`s fully fit"

"Some people just don`t understand what Hyslop brought to the team,cos they`ve never played senior football!"

"Ovvy should have been retained as he tries hard and is local"

"who-ever these so-called fans are"

"keyboard gangsters"

"that is slander and my lawyers are looking into it"*

"your opinion is only valid if you agree with me"**

*don't know if that one has been put directly onto the board and doubt I'll see it again

**the last one probably won't happen but it follows on from the first 2. Just sayin.....

"Why dont we have a competition to redesign the badge"

"White Shorts!!!!"

"Lets create a great atmosphere tommorow"

Heard it from a very reliable source who cannot be named under any circumstances that Kenny Deuchar will be signing for us. Fact. Of course, the glass half empty brigade may not agree.
Some R*ith fans will continue to omit letters in E*st F*fe. Brutal.
PS - when do the new strips go on sale?

Spirit of the Mound
Heard it from a very reliable source who cannot be named under any circumstances that Kenny Deuchar will be signing for us. Fact. Of course, the glass half empty brigade may not agree.
Some R*ith fans will continue to omit letters in E*st F*fe. Brutal.
PS - when do the new strips go on sale?

Why do I have to hear the news about Kenny Deuchar on AFTN rather than the official website ?

"What ever happened to the guy with the moustache that sold the programmes"

KotS

"Build terracing"

"we'll struggle next season"

"how come the new kit won't be able to be bought until November"

Jim Corstophine whinging on and on for about 5 paragraphs about unreasonable employer when he misses his one game per season.

Bump.

8 year old major shareholder, Samantha Twigg......

"so-called supporters"

Murray must go!