Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rayan says his goodbyes

Ryan Wallace has said his goodbyes to the Fifers via his facebook page after his contract expired today.

Re: Rayan says his goodbyes

Strange time for a contract to end. What if we were in playoff final tomorrow?

There is a clause in our player contracts that allows for the playoffs. Simple, really.

That`s crap!! Was hoping he would stay another season. Hopefully we will bring in some quality signings or it could be a long season coming up.

Obvious blow to lose Ryan but I don't think anyone expected him to stay. Just hope he moves up a league or two rather than playing against us next season.

It isn't so hard to find a prolific goalscorer at this level as it is to have a good defence and it's the latter that concerns me more than Ryan leaving. Last seasons back 4 rarely performed well, especially the full backs. If we get another 25 goal a season man it'll be fantastic but unless we turn the tap off at the other end we won't be anywhere near the top.

Anyway all the best to Ryan wherever he goes and thanks for all the goals.

So did we not offer a new contract or did he turn it down?

i see raith lost john beard to dundee today i wonder if ryans heading to raith to replace him shame id have loved him to have stayed with us but he deserves to be playing a league or 2 higher

bayview bob
i see raith lost john beard to dundee today i wonder if ryans heading to raith to replace him shame id have loved him to have stayed with us but he deserves to be playing a league or 2 higher

would doubt they could make Ryan a better financial offer than us.

Eugene Clarke
There is a clause in our player contracts that allows for the playoffs. Simple, really.

....but what about the scottish cup final.....sack the board

Dundee are keen to sign him , was on the radio in Tayside last week .

MaRY_BaLE
Eugene Clarke

....but what about the scottish cup final.....sack the board

forest fifer
So did we not offer a new contract or did he turn it down?

My thoughts too, if he was offered a new contract even if had no intention of seeing it through then the club at least gets compensation, presumably now he is a free agent and we get nowt.

Sad to see him go, a quality striker who will be very difficult to replace.

According to EFM Bobby Linn was given a contract offer, so I'm sure Ryan would have as well

I would suspect that ryan is looking to enhance his career and get back into football full time.That would presumably rule out the lino lickers as they are reported to be only offering part time contracts to new signings.However john mcglynn will know ryan well from his hearts days so i wouldnt rule out a move to the kirkcaldy scum.

football agent
I would suspect that ryan is looking to enhance his career and get back into football full time.That would presumably rule out the lino lickers as they are reported to be only offering part time contracts to new signings.However john mcglynn will know ryan well from his hearts days so i wouldnt rule out a move to the kirkcaldy scum.

why would he go to the linnos if there not offering full time thats crazy imo hed be better staying with us and playing wining football than getting beat every week and in a relegatiuon battle would be better for his comfidance imo

bayview bob
football agent

why would he go to the linnos if there not offering full time thats crazy imo hed be better staying with us and playing wining football than getting beat every week and in a relegatiuon battle would be better for his comfidance imo

Winning football?
Daftest post of the week!

Opinion
bayview bob
football agent

Winning football?

fair does m8 i think hes more likely to win more games with us tahn he would with the kircaldy mob

bayview bob
Opinion
bayview bob
football agent

Winning football?

fair does m8 i think hes more likely to win more games with us tahn he would with the kircaldy mob

He'd be playing in a great league next season, full of derbies and quite big crowds. Rather play at Dens Park, East End, Falkirk Stadium, Firhill or play at Cliftonhill, etc ?

St Pauli Fifer
bayview bob
Opinion
bayview bob
football agent

Winning football?

He'd be playing in a great league next season, full of derbies and quite big crowds. Rather play at Dens Park, East End, Falkirk Stadium, Firhill or play at Cliftonhill, etc ?

i suppose your right i guess am just biast

We all hate him to go to them!

He should set his sights higher...

He's going to Dunfermline

Good luck Ryan

All the best to Ryan,the most exciting,dynamic striker we`ve had in the last 20 yrs.Disappointed to lose him but not exactly unexpected.

Disappointed
He's going to Dunfermline

Good luck Ryan

Really? Would love to have him at EEP next season. Took in a few games at Bayview this year, you guys were really unlucky not to be in the play offs, IMO. Anyway, back on topic, according to the man himself on Twitter he's had no offers as of yet!

If it's true, good move. At least Dunfermline have a chance of winning the 1st division. Had to be Dunfermline, Falkirk or Dundee. Sensible move. Good luck

101% will sign for Dunfermline , got inside info from EEP although cannot name source.

We have already had him scored at firhill for us a couple of seasons ago, why do you think he`s good went through the McGlynn school of excellence.

Good luck to Ryan wherever he goes. Have to say though that the club has done well signing Paul McManus. On another point I know most disagree with me but we the fans can help to keep Ryan and Bobby if we contribute that wee bit more financially on top of the regular gate money. I know we shouldn't have to contribute more as attending home and away is costly enough. No one is critisiizing the club for Ryan/ Bobby leaving but £3 per month into the managers fund from 400 fans would go a long way in helping to offer Ryan and Bobby better terms, at least if they won't stay for better terms it would allow us to possibly sign others who the manager might want. I remember the heated discussions on this subject from the last time so I know I will get panned for bringing it up again but I personally still think that it is the best way on top of the other monies the club has to help the manager improve/keep the squad.

pingpong
101% will sign for Dunfermline , got inside info from EEP although cannot name source.

aye whatever m8 funny how ppl withn inside info can never name there source so they look all importent and make out they habe inside info would be gr8 if ryan stayed him and mcanus would have a feild day ripping defenses apart for fun

bayview bob
pingpong

aye whatever m8 funny how ppl withn inside info can never name there source so they look all importent and make out they habe inside info would be gr8 if ryan stayed him and mcanus would have a feild day ripping defenses apart for fun

Lets just say i would lose my job if i told you my source. Came from someone with very high connections at EEP.

fair does i hope your wrong like lol

The rovers are half part/time full/time. There are 2 full time contracts still available within rovers budget one of them being for a striker

St Pauli Fifer
bayview bob
Opinion
bayview bob
football agent

Winning football?