Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bobby Linn

Well according to the East Fife Mail Bobby hasn't left us yet but would u want him to sign?? He hasn't really been his best this year and for what he said about the fans....

Re: Bobby Linn

He was 100% correct what he said about the fans.
I'd have him back in a heartbeat.

id deffo have him back but think hes burnt his briges with his outburst about the fans dont thnik hed be welcommed back by many people

BlackNGold86
Well according to the East Fife Mail Bobby hasn't left us yet but would u want him to sign?? He hasn't really been his best this year and for what he said about the fans....

You mean what he said about erseholes?

Absolutely 100% NO. Past his best, earned too much, outburst about the fans was shocking.

Bobby Linn at his best was a great player for the Fife. I personally was a bit disappointed by his comments, as it gave the impression that he was referring to the majority of EF supporters and not just the mindless few.

Bobby Linn has been one of our best players for a number of years, I'd love to see him stay.

His comments if I'm correct were basically saying that the fans at home games are far less supportive vocally and are quick to get on the players backs, simple as that. He is only stating a point.

Bobbys intitled to his own opinion just the same as all you's are , you all slaughter the team and one comment from a player and you's are all moaning. GET A GRIP! Bobby has been fantastic for fife for many years and im pritty sure any club in division 2 and maybe even division 1 would take him!
Hes a top player and possibly didnt reach the expectations he was ment to but at the end of the day a he had an under par season but im sure he will be back to his best next season would not like to see him come back and play us anyway.

Jamie_Bhoy
Bobbys intitled to his own opinion just the same as all you's are , you all slaughter the team and one comment from a player and you's are all moaning. GET A GRIP! Bobby has been fantastic for fife for many years and im pritty sure any club in division 2 and maybe even division 1 would take him!
Hes a top player and possibly didnt reach the expectations he was ment to but at the end of the day a he had an under par season but im sure he will be back to his best next season would not like to see him come back and play us anyway.

Hiya Bobby, hiya pal.

Jamie_Bhoy
would not like to see him come back and play us anyway.

Doubt he'll get a move to the SPL. Dick.

no one said spl. DICK

Bob Agg
Jamie_Bhoy

I see what you did there!

aftn
Bob Agg
Jamie_Bhoy

I see what you did there!

So do I. Made an arse of himself.

Jamie_Bhoy
no one said spl. DICK

Hiya Bobby

F**kin tremendous if Bobby Linn re-signs for East Fife.

Below-par season from him last season but a quality player. As was said before, any replacement would be a lesser one.

Who cares if he'd a parting shot. Somebody shouted in his pus that he was a digrace in front of a few hundred people and the home fans are shite compared to the away fans.

St Pauli Fifer

Below-par season from him last season but a quality player. As was said before, any replacement would be a lesser one.

Who cares if he'd a parting shot. Somebody shouted in his pus that he was a digrace in front of a few hundred people and the home fans are shite compared to the away fans.

someone who doesnt have to cut inside EVERTIME would be better. well sussed out in 2nd div now

I agree last season we didn't see the best from bobby, but then i think our midfield as a whole lacked a wee bit of consistency and presence, so its maybe wrong to single him out.
There are a lot of Arbroth fans i have been speaking to seem to think he's heading to them, i don't know if it is optimism on their part or there is actually any grounding to it.

davy reid
St Pauli Fifer

someone who doesnt have to cut inside EVERTIME would be better. well sussed out in 2nd div now

Oooh,are you allowed to criticize? You had a go at me for saying Hissy was the poorest strikers for years

S-Pat
davy reid
St Pauli Fifer

Oooh,are you allowed to criticize? You had a go at me for saying Hissy was the poorest strikers for years

Ooooooooh watch out Mr P. You'll be starting prat-type twitter wars by sticking up for one player and not another.

I'd love to keep Bobby Linn. He is right about the some of the home fans. I'm hoping that won't put him off staying though. If it does, shame on us.

[/quote]
prat-type twitter wars [/quote]

Is that an anagram for your hubby?

Kings of Fife

prat-type twitter wars [/quote]

Is that an anagram for your hubby? [/quote]

Ha Ha, it's close!

Was patter writ pretty ?