Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Players released

Arbroath have released 8 players,

The experienced quartet of Chris Innes, Kieran McAnespie, Keith Gibson and Collin Samuel head the players leaving Gayfield with Michael White, Kevin Brown, Craig Wedderburn and Beau Busch also departing.

Captain Stuart Malcolm and goalscoring midfielder Lee Sibanda have advised that they will remain with Sheerin saying, “The hardest part of management is letting players go. It has to be done however and I now need to get on with my plans for next season.”

Re: Players released

How old is Gibson now? Thought he was great when he was with us years ago.

Has signed for Forfar

wouldnt mind seeing mcanespie or samual at batview is wedderburn the guy who played for raith might be ok to

aye - same wedderburn. a must sign IMO.

His Dad is Wullie wedderburn i work with him mum lol

Cazza
His Dad is Wullie wedderburn i work with him mum lol

LOL

jst asked my mates taht support the rovers about wedderburn and they dont rate him but he seems to have done a job for arbroath so could be at his level worth a punt i would say the last defender we got with linno connections was the ledgend jonny smart

If Ryan Wallace doesn't resign who would you like to see partner Shagger ? 3 players that have been released that may be decent - Colin Samuel, Paul Di Jacamo and Gareth Wardlaw.

Any of them, but Wardlaw if pushed for a decision!!

Tend to agree with you Tam, plus he is a local guy.

I spoke to Collin Samuel on wednesday in Larbert where he stays and he told me that he woodnt rule out a move to East Fife.he was the star man in our last 2 games against Arbroath.He said that he didnt play that well against Dumbarton away in the play off semi final,he was dropped to the bench in the next game.

Is the dad the same Willie Wedderburn that was on our books in the 70s

Yes the same one

Chris Innes and Colin Samuel would be great signings for a club like us, too vast exeprience heads been there and done it meaning been in the top-flight in the SPL with clubs tho Innes was with us for a couple of weeks before signing for the smokies would take him back if McCormack doesn't re-sign.
I thought we would of signed Andy Jackson ex-St Johnstone player but he has now signed for Brechin give us some extra or more fire power upfront for next season.

Once Dalziel is fully fit he`ll be a great signing.

Local Lad
Once Dalziel is fully fit he`ll be a great signing.

I understand he is signing for someone else...

Very disappointing if true! Thought Scott would have done the decent thing after the career saving treatment he had last season!

scott taggart and sean welsh both freed by hibs and could be good signings.

Could do with Taggart,we've been murder for years

k

wouldny say we been murder m8 weve no been great but theres worst teams out there

bayview bob
k

wouldny say we been murder m8 weve no been great but theres worst teams out there

Really ?