Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bobby Linn is signing for ......

....Ballingry Rovers according to the Courier today.
Well it was the Gray money that brought him to Bayview so we shouldn't be surprised that its the Gray money thats taken him away!
What a waste of talent!

Re: Bobby Linn is signing for ......

I don't see what the big fuss is about Linn leaving to be honest. Talent? We've all seen what he was capable of when he first came to East Fife, but he's been far too inconsistent for us for the last two seasons. Time is right for him to move on now and I'm certain he'll do well at Ballingry Rovers. All the best Bobby.

I'm not too sorry to see him go but Bobby is a talented palyer who has just lost his way a bit. Sad that he's now going to be playing at a junior level when he is still capable of so much more. Maybe he just needs to recharge his batteries for a year and then he'll be back to Division 2 level at least.

Wish Bobby all the best, but I also am of the opinion that he should really be playing at a better level than this.

Did somebody not say he was going to Rovers?

At least it wasn't that shite along the Standing Stane Road. All the best Bobby.

I thought he would have went to another 2nd Div team. He`s been poor for us but certainly better than Balingry Rovers. All the best Bobby.

Money before ambition still young enough and undoubtly has the talent to play at a higher level than ballingry, and east fife for that matter.Good luck will be missed at bayview.Thanks for your contribution for the last 4 seasons will always remember your brilliant free kick at gayfield 2 seasons ago to save us from relegation.

Money talks, Dougie Cameron another ex fifer who played 2 years under Baikie and Gray when the money was there. Dougie now at Ballingry

Sums him up really!! Frightening to think that he's turned down offers from senior clubs to go junior, (offered money to go to Arbroath apparently but turned it down)
26 years old and in the Juniors, waste of a talent! Surely he could get a good money deal in the Juniors when he's 32?

suprised to see him go to ballingury as e is more than capeable of playing at a higher level its obviusly for money reasons who can blame him for looking after himself finanshally footballs a short carrer

Liked bobby as a player an good luck to him. Money will be better but im surprised cos i tend to view senior players droppin to juniorsas an indication there abit jaded an tired of the training

PMSL ..So Bobby Messi Linn has gone to the massive heights of Ballingry! He can now close down his twitter account,save him moaning about home fans now. i'm sure he'll enjoy running up and down the slope at Ballingry....especially with his tasty signing on fee,soccer mercenary!

kenwit
PMSL ..So Bobby Messi Linn has gone to the massive heights of Ballingry! He can now close down his twitter account,save him moaning about home fans now. i'm sure he'll enjoy running up and down the slope at Ballingry....especially with his tasty signing on fee,soccer mercenary!

Harsh.I`m sure Bobby had good reason for his parting shot comments and fair play to him for telling it like it is. I`m also sure he has good reason for joining Ballingry and that is entirely up to him.His priorities have obviously changed this past year and family come first. Most of us have been there.
Don't think it will be too long before he`s back in the SFL though. Too good a player although we`ve not seen him at his best for quite a while. A stint in the juniors might do him good.
He`s been a good servant to the club and we shouldn't forget that.

Good luck Bobby.People at this club have short memory's,You have been a great servant for our club and these people who have been criticising you for taking the best deal you could get are morons.No way would they turn down a better offer in their work places if it was offered.

Bobby took a parting shot at the fans so it's not too much of a surprise some fans take a parting shot at him.

I'm sad to hear that he is going. Pity he couldn't have been professional about it.

Has Bobby actually signed for Baillingry or has the Courier just been reading some of the rumours on AFTN and reported them as fact?

Don't all AFTN rumours become fact

It is fact that he has signed for Ballingry. It is all about the money. Dave Baikie and Willie Gray pairing. I hear that they are offering around £175 at the lower end of the scale, and Bobby is at the higher end.

Just like he was at the higher end when he sometimes played for us.

MaRY_BaLE
Bobby took a parting shot at the fans so it's not too much of a surprise some fans take a parting shot at him.

I'm sad to hear that he is going. Pity he couldn't have been professional about it.

He took a parting shot at a section of the home fans. The ones that gave him abuse. Like the overwhelming majority of the support I didn't give him any abuse therefore I don't feel offended in the slightest by his statement, on the contrary, I was in complete agreement with it.

Lets not forget the good times, even if they were perhaps a bit ar and few between in the tail end of his career with us!!!

Good Times

You should have a look on the Fife Football Forum at the list of players Ballingry are in for.......Kevin Byers, Linn, Dougie Cameron, Stevie Nicholas, Paul Watson, Jay Smart..... All rumours I might add but Linn apparently turned down Raith for Ballingry!!

If the rumoured money for wages and signing on fee is correct ,no 2nd division club and very few 1st could match it.
A real waste of talent to be playing at that level,don't know how he'll get on at some of the grounds and pitches.
Pretty sure he'll be well marked - literally.

£500 per week was what i heard.

Just Visiting
You should have a look on the Fife Football Forum at the list of players Ballingry are in for.......Kevin Byers, Linn, Dougie Cameron, Stevie Nicholas, Paul Watson, Jay Smart..... All rumours I might add but Linn apparently turned down Raith for Ballingry!!

Other than Linn all of them has beens and probably only good enough for that level now

I am sure Bobby could have walked into any team in Division 2. This time last year there were rumours that Dundee and Dunfermline were both interested, and everyone was delighted that he stayed at Bayview for another season. Although his performances didn't hit the heights of the previous campaign, which earned him a desereved Div 2 POTY nomination, he was still one of our best players.
I fear that a season at Ballingry could finish him. It's not top level junior and I'm sure he will come in for some special attention to try and stop him playing.
A good servant to the club, and I hope it works out well for him.
At least he wont be lining up against us.

I watch quite a bit of junior football and it isn't quite filled with the cloggers and hammer throwers that some suggest.

In fact, at last week's Hill o Beath v Musselburgh game former Fifer Paul Tansey was allowed a lot of time on the ball without being punted into mid-air.

Other than financially, I still think it's a very, very strange move but maybe the guy has realised that he's never going to get back to full-time football so is just trying to make what he can while he's still in the game.

Can't fault him for that.

Quite often some posters on here regard the ages of 26-28 as being "past it". I'm not sure that lines up with the general perception of age in football.

Kings of Fife
MaRY_BaLE

He took a parting shot at a section of the home fans. The ones that gave him abuse. Like the overwhelming majority of the support I didn't give him any abuse therefore I don't feel offended in the slightest by his statement, on the contrary, I was in complete agreement with it.
I just hope for wee bob's sake nobody shouts he is a disgrace. I cant see him getting out Ballingry so easy if he reacts to the fans the way he did at New Bayview that day!!!

Mad Man
I'm not too sorry to see him go but Bobby is a talented palyer who has just lost his way a bit. Sad that he's now going to be playing at a junior level when he is still capable of so much more. Maybe he just needs to recharge his batteries for a year and then he'll be back to Division 2 level at least.
get your own user name and I personally believe it is a very silly move by linn but end of the day he has chosen money over the jersey so don't let the door hit you on the way out !!!!

Bobby is great. But he is also smart to know to sign-up for something for the money. Not wiser though. It's just a bit sad to see someone play for something less than his capable of doing.

This is a wee message for Stevo Fife from Yvonne Huskie. John Huskie's cousin? Who are yoo???

Crikey, there`s a blast from the past!!

How are ya Yvonne? Remember you well. Must be 30 years!

Blast from the past for me as well! I used to work with her.

How are you Yvonne? Drop me an email! (It's Michael)

But you remain a mystery!!!!

Knew it was you! Thought you were in some far flung continent?

Evie
Knew it was you! Thought you were in some far flung continent?

I am, but we do have electricity and wifi here you know!!

Ever the Wit, as usual !!!!!

So, Stevo, r yu gonna tell me more? (Go on, be a Devil!)