Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wallace to Dunfermline

Ryan has agreed terms with Dunfermline according to The Scotsman today. Compensation is being sorted out with East Fife.

Re: Wallace to Dunfermline

Won't be much I bet. In the old days of proper transfer fees we'd no doubt have been able to get a player or two coming our way as part of the deal.

Dunfermline are skint, don't know how they will be able to pay adequate compensation for him.

parachute money they will have got a fine sum for being relegated from the spl.

Good luck to Ryan at the Pars, deserves the chance to play at a higher level and i hope Jim Jefferies can bring him on as a player. Hopefully we recieve adequate compo or even a player in return.

Quick question guys

Why will East Fife receive Compensation ?

Wallace was out of contract and free to move.

so i was right after all!!

As he is under 24 we are entitled to compo as long as he was offered a contract of at least the same as last season.

It'll be nothing to get excited about, around a thousand pounds tops.

All the best Ryan,you've deserved ur move and thanks for ur efforts and 100% everytime u played.
Good to see a player willing to move to a better standard league and has belief in his own ability!

Yes a better standard league, populated by the likes of Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath and Raith Rovers.

He should be playing there with East Fife FFS!

We are too nice! Good luck to him no way why not stay and help the club who gave him a chance when others turned their backs on him!!

Anyone who leaves should be treated with the contempt they deserve!

I can't fathom why Wallace should be treated with any contempt whatsoever. He helped us more than we helped him (where would we have been without his goals ?). Why would he stay at East Fife ? He more than earned his wages for us. East Fife are going nowhere for the next wee while and he's a talented player who's not an East Fife fan. He'll be playing in what will easily be the best league in Scotland next season in front of good crowds for a bigger club and will fancy his chances of playing in the SPL with Dunfermline or whoever the season after next - he's good enough.

Why would he stay at East Fife and why should he be treated with contempt ? If he was pish for us or we'd got promoted and he still left us - I'd understand ill-feeling towards him. He tried his best to fire us into the play-off but we blew it.

Hope he does well, he's a class act.

St Pauli Fifer
I can't fathom why Wallace should be treated with any contempt whatsoever. He helped us more than we helped him (where would we have been without his goals ?). Why would he stay at East Fife ? He more than earned his wages for us. East Fife are going nowhere for the next wee while and he's a talented player who's not an East Fife fan. He'll be playing in what will easily be the best league in Scotland next season in front of good crowds for a bigger club and will fancy his chances of playing in the SPL with Dunfermline or whoever the season after next - he's good enough.

Why would he stay at East Fife and why should he be treated with contempt ? If he was pish for us or we'd got promoted and he still left us - I'd understand ill-feeling towards him. He tried his best to fire us into the play-off but we blew it.

Well said

St Pauli Fifer

As you well know normally I think your opinions are total pish but on this I must agree.

Walter Pidgeon

As you well know normally I think your opinions are total pish

Well coming from someone who wanted to keep Robbo and who said we'd now be in the 3rd afer getting shot of him, that's fine by me

That`s Ballingry now signed Linn, Smart, Cameron, Hegarty, Nicholas and Byers so far.

St Pauli Fifer
Walter Pidgeon

Well coming from someone who wanted to keep Robbo and who said we'd now be in the 3rd afer getting shot of him, that's fine by me

That's you telt!

Mad Man
St Pauli Fifer
Walter Pidgeon

That's you telt!

I'm flattered to think that you actually scroll back over my posts to pick up on my opinions or do they mean so much to you that you actually remember them.

all the best wee man,if it had not been for u the fife would have been playing in the shity div 3 next season,

Walter Pidgeon
Mad Man
St Pauli Fifer
Walter Pidgeon

That's you telt!

I'm flattered to think that you actually scroll back over my posts to pick up on my opinions or do they mean so much to you that you actually remember them.

I'm equally flattered, that for some reason, you chose to bring my opinions into this thread in the first place.

arran t
all the best wee man,if it had not been for u the fife would have been playing in the shity div 3 next season,

Stop talking nonsense!!

Mad Man
Won't be much I bet. In the old days of proper transfer fees we'd no doubt have been able to get a player or two coming our way as part of the deal.

This exactly.