Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Forthcoming Signing...

Scott McBride from Raith Rovers has decided to go part-time and sign for East Fife for next season.

Re: Forthcoming Signing...

Any relation to Joe?

And can we get a Scott McBridie in the pie stall to cash in?

Brilliant player. Very happy with this signing if we have pulled it off.

Not seen him much ..... Is he an out and out striker or can he play wide?

He is no relation to Joe McBride. He is Coaltown of Balgonie boy who went to Auchmuty. Has been unlucky with injuries and illness but if fully fit he should be a good signing. Fairly big and left sided.

Fifer 11
Not seen him much ..... Is he an out and out striker or can he play wide?

Don't know much about him either but hopefully can play wide as we need a bit of pace out there (speaking of which any word on Matthew Park?). Now to strengthen the defence.

Park is said to be training with Stirling (far too good for the 3rd)

McBride is a left sided mid, fair bit of pace about him which is what we need.

he's shite spent two years at Rovers on a full time deal played a few times was crap you are welcome to him.Always (injured) was reported in the the daily hunspeak as the worst player that reporter had ever seen.enjoy him we didn't.

Who had that one in the sweep?

GoF

Me, me, me! Not sure i want to know what the prize is mind.

They truly are a predictable bunch our lino pals.

He did extremely well at Cowdenbeath before he signed for the Rovers so will be a good signing for division 2. Was injured a lot in his time at Starks and was kept out of the team by Joe Hammil?!? None of the RR fans are sad to see the back of him but hopefully he'll do a job at EF if he can stay fit. The poster who said he was quick has been watching a different player.....
Wardlaw will definitely be a good signing though!!

My words were "a fair bit of pace" never said he was "quick" ;)

Ehhhhhhhh............... What's the difference Benny?

??
Ehhhhhhhh............... What's the difference Benny?

This is the difference:

Morris Marina 1.3L = Slow
Hillman Avenger Tiger = A fair bit of pace
Ford Capri 3000GT (with bonnet bulge) = Quick

Hopefully that's cleared that up.

McBride could be the second signing of the summer to join the 'having played for all four fife clubs' team.

Who is the other ?

I think it's fair to say that he was out of his depth in the first division but he may be a reasonable signing none the less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ibLrdzMWNQ

Highlights of 2 new signings (if we've signed mcbride), both scoring goals for Cowden.

Confirmed on the Official website.

if he can stay fit then he'll be an excellent signing.

We do our best to get the exclusives on AFTN.

Mad Man
GoF

In fairness, if you read any Rovers forum over the last 2 years you'll see almost unanimous agreement tha McBride is shite and a waste of a jersey, not just because he's signed for you guys. I lost all respect last Sep at home to ten man Dundee when they seny 4 forward for a late corner and McBride completely turned his back on the player he was supposed to be covering at the edge of the box ( Nicky Riley, I think) allowing him to fire home the winner.
I also read EF are sniffing around Iain Williamson. I would say you are on to a much better thing there. He maybe lacks a wee bit of pace against full time opponenets week in week out, but he'll be a good signing at 2nd division level.

Dysart Lino
Mad Man
GoF

In fairness, if you read any Rovers forum over the last 2 years you'll see almost unanimous agreement tha McBride is shite and a waste of a jersey, not just because he's signed for you guys. I lost all respect last Sep at home to ten man Dundee when they seny 4 forward for a late corner and McBride completely turned his back on the player he was supposed to be covering at the edge of the box ( Nicky Riley, I think) allowing him to fire home the winner.
I also read EF are sniffing around Iain Williamson. I would say you are on to a much better thing there. He maybe lacks a wee bit of pace against full time opponenets week in week out, but he'll be a good signing at 2nd division level.

I think I read somewhere that he just didn't want to play for Rovers, and who could blame him? Sounds like he did a fine job too against Dundee too!

Now that he's signed for the club of his dreams I think we'll see a new Scott McBride

Mad Man
Dysart Lino
Mad Man
GoF

I think I read somewhere that he just didn't want to play for Rovers, and who could blame him? Sounds like he did a fine job too against Dundee too!

Now that he's signed for the club of his dreams I think we'll see a new Scott McBride

He was true to his word then, because he never played for Rovers. Pity McGlynn doesn't read the same literature as you neebur.

Maybe he wanted to sign for a club that pay him his wages.

KotS

Wages? He'd be too dear at the price of a return bus fare from his house to Stark's Park.

Dysart Lino
KotS

Wages? He'd be too dear at the price of a return bus fare from his house to Stark's Park.

Glad you talked about Scott and Bus in the same sentence, you just forgot the word passenger.