Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Raith Rovers statement

I see the Rovers have made an official statement on their website regarding newco entering div 1.Sorry I ain't computer savvy enough to post a link.

Re: Raith Rovers statement

Here you go.....

Raith Rovers FC continues to closely monitor developments in the saga of who will replace the liquidated Rangers within Scottish football.

As proud members of the Scottish Football League, we may soon be called upon to consider proposals for the way forward not only in relation to any vacancy that may arise in our league but also in respect of the future construction of the game in Scotland.

Whilst we retain an open mind on the subject of league reconstruction, and will carefully consider any proposal put to us by the SFL board in this regard, the board of directors of Raith Rovers FC is unanimous in its view that we shall certainly not cast our vote in favour of any integrated plan that in our view compromises sporting integrity by involving the admission of any ‘Newco’ directly into Division One.

Raith Rovers FC continues to closely monitor developments in the saga of who will replace the liquidated Rangers within Scottish football.

As proud members of the Scottish Football League, we may soon be called upon to consider proposals for the way forward not only in relation to any vacancy that may arise in our league but also in respect of the future construction of the game in Scotland.

Whilst we retain an open mind on the subject of league reconstruction, and will carefully consider any proposal put to us by the SFL board in this regard, the board of directors of Raith Rovers FC is unanimous in its view that we shall certainly not cast our vote in favour of any integrated plan that in our view compromises sporting integrity by involving the admission of any ‘Newco’ directly into Division One.

surprised anyone from wraith could spell some of these big words lol

Only another 7 SFL clubs to say no and newco being slotted into SFL1 is a non runner.

Well done Raith (grits teeth...)

Come on EFFC Board we want to hear the same!

It may well come down to them having to buy into an existing club, Cowdenbeath for example if they keep getting the door slammed in their faces.

Mad Man
Well done Raith (grits teeth...)

Come on EFFC Board we want to hear the same!

Exactly what I've been asking for. I have every faith the BoD of EFFC will vote NO to NewCo in Div1 but, I'd like it confirmed in a statement ASAP.

Falkirk say no.Only 6 more needed.

S-Pat
It may well come down to them having to buy into an existing club, Cowdenbeath for example if they keep getting the door slammed in their faces.

Yip - this is a real possibility. They will soon be managerless with CC going to Raith.

There would be justice though should rangers buy Airdrie.......the club killers become the killed.

Rovers should be kicked out the league on account of "nibdy asked you".

Wouldn't it be nice if at 3pm on the opening day of the season all fans of all SPL and SFL clubs had a wee sing of "We are the people".

MaRY_BaLE
Wouldn't it be nice if at 3pm on the opening day of the season all fans of all SPL and SFL clubs had a wee sing of "We are the people".

I would be happy to sing along to that, no problem or your going down with the shuffle Mon the Fife

Pars statement
http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20120626/update-from-the-dafc-board_2208030_2823162

I've become a Pars fan for the day and completed the survey.

More votes saying no the better.

Excellent from our loving Raith neighbours. F**king great, in fact!! They could've sold a fair few seats, twice in their big, empty stadium from a New Rangers visit - capitalising.

Love it.

I will return to hating them again tomorrow

FTOF.

its very difficult to say well done to a lino licker, but after reading the latest from hutton it has to be done

This is the same Rangers whose supporters threatened to torch our stadium and whose manager demanded that one of our directors was named over his involvement with an SFA judicial panel, which resulted in TV cameras camping outside his door and threats being made by various outlandish factions. We also had Sandy Jardine publicly calling for repercussions for those clubs who have not supported Rangers.

“Given that, how could I, as an individual, be expected to roll over and have my tummy tickled by some inducement to allow Rangers to come into the First Division. I gave my opinion to the board on Monday night and the board had a position which was not in any way different from my own.

“That does not mean, if and when there is a meeting of the SFL clubs and a vote, that the outcome will go the way we want it to go. I imagine some clubs will see some short-term advantage to be had.

“But if, long-term, you cheese off your season-ticket holders and supporters and backers, is it worth it? Do you sell your position for 30 pieces of silver for some short-term advantage or take the moral high ground?

“From our point of view, there should be an application from Rangers to come into the SFL in the Third Division and that is something that would, I think, be supported by all league clubs.”

The RR decision is probably tempered by the reaction when one of their board was on a committee which upset the club which no longer exists(CWNLE). I believe this was followed by CWNLE "advising" several
legends not to attend a RR hall of fame type event which subsequently had to be cancelled until Nov.

Sportsound interview with Jim Spence and Turnbull Hutton between 2 and 3 tomorrow. Should be good.

Sick of Rangers thinking they are they be all and end all of Scottish football. Their demise if anything has called for the reform we've been needing for years. They deserve 3rd div like Livi before them and I hope the 1st div do vote against them and force it. SPL2 would only have Rangers in it otherwise. Idiotic!

There would be a few Clubs that would go with Rangers to SPL2.

Here's a flight of fancy that I wouldn't past happening.

Say there was 3. Then you have 16 teams.

SPL would then probably say, no point having two leagues with just 16 teams, may as well make it one league.

Then all of a sudden Rangers back in the top flight. Closed shop with no promotion or relegation.

Just what the top clubs want.

GoF
There would be a few Clubs that would go with Rangers to SPL2.

Here's a flight of fancy that I wouldn't past happening.

Say there was 3. Then you have 16 teams.

SPL would then probably say, no point having two leagues with just 16 teams, may as well make it one league.

Then all of a sudden Rangers back in the top flight. Closed shop with no promotion or relegation.

Just what the top clubs want.

Yup these people are capable of anything and this could happen. I wonder though how long fans will put up with meaningless games which will pretty much happen from the first kick-off. St Mirren v Kilmarnock, Inverness v Dunfermline, Hibs v St Johnstone in perpetuity anyone?

Hutton is just class! He's really gone up in my estimation.

"SPL is a dead parrot"

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4409615/SPL-is-a-dead-parrot.html

The great thing about all this is that it's uniting fans of the smaller clubs across the land, with all rivalries temporarily put aside.

GoF
Hutton is just class! He's really gone up in my estimation.

"SPL is a dead parrot"

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4409615/SPL-is-a-dead-parrot.html

The great thing about all this is that it's uniting fans of the smaller clubs across the land, with all rivalries temporarily put aside.

Turnbull Hutton (that can't be a real name) has been brilliant. His statement yesterday was superb, sank the boot into both the SFA and the SPL and sums up the feelings of all of us who are appalled by the bullying ways of the likes of Neil Doncaster of the SPL.

Doncaster was on both Radio 4 and 5 Live this morning and his arrogance shone through, spouting bullshit about the 41 other innocent clubs and saying that the clubs need to do whats best for Scottish football etc. He then went on to outline his preferred, and in his eyes only option, that the newco can only be placed in Division 1 as anything else would lead to financial meltdown of the game in this country.

You could tell the word 'integrity' is just not in his vocabulary. He waffled on about punishments, player embargoes etc for the newco but he clearly has no idea about the strength of feeling of the SFL clubs and in particular their fans on this, and is so obviously clueless about the what the game really means to those outwith of the Old Firm and his beloved Sky TV money. He clearly doesn't much care for fans' opinion of other SPL clubs too. He was though put in his place to a degree by the BBC's Roddy Forsyth and especially the journalist Graham Spiers, who though a Rangers fan, was adamant that the newco can only realistically hope to start in the 3rd Division as anything else would be travesty of natural justice.

This is all starting to get me down I have to say, but fortunately people like Hutton and Spiers at least give you hope that people are fighting your corner on this whole sorry shambles.

Hate to say it of a RR man but Hutton is my new superstar.I have heard it said for many years that the SFA is run by Diddymen from Diddy teams.This man tho has shown that some smaller teams have men running them that have true integrity and the good of the game at heart.

The daily record's coverage of this thing has been a joke. Reading today that Motherwell, Dundee united, Kilmarnock and st Johnstone would all end up in liquidation. That's going to be some 3rd division next year.

Turnbull Hutton is testing my lifelong resolve never to say a good word about Raith Rovers FC.

MaRY_BaLE
The daily record's coverage of this thing has been a joke. Reading today that Motherwell, Dundee united, Kilmarnock and st Johnstone would all end up in liquidation. That's going to be some 3rd division next year.

The Daily Record has been an absolute disgrace this last few months.When Whyte took control of Rangers last year they said he was a billionaire......he wasn't.Then when the shit hit the fan they said the CVA would be accepted.....it wasn't.Then they said Rangers would not be voted out the SPL......looks like they will be very soon.Then they said the blue knights would be the preferred bidders........they weren't.Two weeks ago on the front page they screamed Ally to walk in 48hrs......he didn't.A west coast based paper trying their hardest to save a west coast football club,printing lies and untruths for months.The sooner people stop buying this rag the better!

That was sheer joy reading what Turnbull Hutton had to say in the record this morning! The man certainly didn`t hold back and good on him. Big well done..

I used to think that Vladimar Romanov was talking garbage when he said our football authorities were corrupt.

Cowden statement out 2m

Club will not support Rangers Newco in Div 1 but will support them for Div 3.