Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Survey re Newco

Hi Folks

I've created a short survey (link below) you may wish to complete concerning the current situation in Scottish football.

It would help if you can complete it before 16.00 on Mnday 2nd July.

Feel free to pass the link on.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K8LN3LG

Re: Survey re Newco

I honestly hope you didn't seriously mean question 3...If you think EF is best voting in Rangers for financial benefits then I'm out! The reason you should vote them in is for the intergrity of the sport..we've never been "financially secure" with them before, so why rely on them now? We aren't in any grave danger of becoming extinct, to my knowledge anyway, if we don't play Rangers twice in one season. If the Club is financially insecure, then do the right thing and vote NO to NewCo in Div1 because if you do, you will gain respect of many people. If you vote YES, you'll lose many hardcore supports, including myself. The decision is yours...

Interesting that it's suggesting "two tier".

Have just completed the survey.The third question is a joke surely.Have said before if Fife vote Newco in then Im finished with Scottish football.

Have just completed the survey.The third question is a joke surely.Have said before if Fife vote Newco in then Im finished with Scottish football.

I think most people would agree with you. In all my years of watching football I have never felt so muh apathy towards the game.... Scottish Fitba is f@cked!!

I think most people would agree with you. In all my years of watching football I have never felt so much apathy towards the game.... Scottish Fitba is f@cked!!

Done.

Though Question 3 fills me with dread.
Sporting integrity is the point here, not taking a backhander to let a cheating organisation into the league

I'm not a ST holder at New Bayview, but I am a regular pay at the gate punter. I bring my nephew and we spend money in the portacabin.

If EFFC vote to admit Sevco into the the top league, or any league that is not the bottom rung (ideally there is NO place for them in the senior game), then sadly I'm done. Off to watch Kennoway amateurs for me.

Re question 3, Quantify how this would make us financially secure? Are the newco going to bribe the clubs to secure their votes?

Don't like that question at all.

Wasn't there a meeting yesterday with the SFL board? Q3 is VERY worrying!

Just a wee update.

Thanks to everyone who has participated so far.

We've had over 150 responses and I'll provide the detailed results once the survey closes on Monday.

Some people are expressing concern about question 3. The reason for the question was to get a sense of how fans might react to a reorganisation which could include the newco but which might also bring financial benefits. The responses so far do not indicate unanimous rejection of this hypothesis.

The next update will be on Monday afternoon when the survey closes i.e. after 16.00.

PS Don't shoot the messenger!

Fair enough Eugene. I understand question 3 fairly soundly, however financial security for 2 years isn't going to swing my vote.

What could establish some real financial security for Sevco NOT to be admitted into senior football. The number of supporters buses that leave the Levenmouth area headed for Ibrox pr Parkhead is disgusting.

Surely if the club pick up 50ish regulars (without the religious baggage!!) that now dont travel to Glasgow every other Saturday, then we would see a greater benefit?

Eugene Clarke
Just a wee update.

We've had over 150 responses and I'll provide the detailed results once the survey closes on Monday.

Some people are expressing concern about question 3. The reason for the question was to get a sense of how fans might react to a reorganisation which could include the newco but which might also bring financial benefits. The responses so far do not indicate unanimous rejection of this hypothesis.

The next update will be on Monday afternoon when the survey closes i.e. after 16.00.

Are messengers not there just to be shot though?

Question 3 is a worry to me too! I hope the board listen to the fans. If I get the slightest wiff of our board woting for a newco, then I'll no be a happy bunny. What the board must ask themselves is whether they want to try call the fans bluff or not. Those who say they'll not be back probably do mean it. Is that a chance they're willing to take?

Anyhoo, thanks for they survey Clarkie. Lets hope that the club has the balls to say NO TO NEWCO.

Eugene Clarke
Just a wee update.

It's a bit ambiguous though. Becoming financially secure could mean 'we'd go bust without this' or it could mean 'a wee bit extra cash for the next two years'. I assume people are worried that it's the latter that's the case but "financial security" will be used as an excuse to vote in Newco.

Eugene Clarke
Just a wee update.

Still find that it's a very loaded question based on no certainty of financial security.

Are messengers not there just to be shot though?

Question 3 is a worry to me too! I hope the board listen to the fans. If I get the slightest wiff of our board woting for a newco, then I'll no be a happy bunny. What the board must ask themselves is whether they want to try call the fans bluff or not. Those who say they'll not be back probably do mean it. Is that a chance they're willing to take?

Anyhoo, thanks for they survey Clarkie. Lets hope that the club has the balls to say NO TO NEWCO.[/quote]

Fully endorse what Kerriann says!

Follow the same process as Gretna, Annan,etc had to do.

Let whoever is invited to join the SFL, if any, start at Div 3

Thanks for the opportunity to give our views.
I think most fans will have taken in that our board has been financially prudent and avoided debt during Sids tenure. If thats still the case this means that we are financially secure already. Question 3 is therefore irrelevant, though I can see why it has been asked.

I remeber not so long ago, the Oldco fans all having a good laugh at us when DB tightened the purse strings and put the basic £25 to the players. Drastic, but at least we payed our bills and didnt land millions in debt.
No sympathy whatsoever to the Newco FC. Start at he bottom if you get allowed in, and strict scrutiny of accounts and player payments from the SFA from now on.

Didnt like DB, but he saved us from the likes of this

I can understand dislike of Rangers, and I can understand a desire to punish the club for what has been done in its name. I'm with you on both of these.
But it looks like I am in the minority here when I say that this is a chance for East Fife to capitalise on Rangers' misfortunes. Making money out of the Huns? That can't be bad.
Whatever happens, Rangers will be back in the top league before long. Maybe in one year, maybe in three years. It will pass quickly. Then we will back to square one. But right now East Fife have a chance to grab a windfall at Rangers' expense.
We can take the moral high ground, but it won't bring any benefit to our club. And two or three years from now, the moral high ground won't offer us much comfort when we're struggling to make ends meet. It's cold out there.
When all is said and done, I don't give a toss which league Rangers are in. They can get on with whatever they do, wherever they find themselves. I want what's best for East Fife.

How would/could East Fife capitalise if New-Rangers went into the First Division ?

(and we could capitalise by getting a few Levenmouth OldCo fans back into Bayview following East Fife).

There's no Rangers to punish, they are dead. This new Club not getting promoted two leagues is about fairness, not punishing old Rangers. If it was about punishing them it would be about not letting them in at all and giving Spartans the place. I'm all for letting them apply to and join the 3rd.

St Pauli Fifer
How would/could East Fife capitalise if New-Rangers went into the First Division ?

(and we could capitalise by getting a few Levenmouth OldCo fans back into Bayview following East Fife).

There's no Rangers to punish, they are dead. This new Club not getting promoted two leagues is about fairness, not punishing old Rangers. If it was about punishing them it would be about not letting them in at all and giving Spartans the place. I'm all for letting them apply to and join the 3rd.

1. All SFL clubs would benefit financially. If the SFL lets Rangers into the First Division, they will strike a deal that benefits members. That's where Eugene's question came from. And there's TV money to share as well.
2. Rangers fans are hardly likely to switch allegiance to watch a Second Division side if their own team are in the Third Division
3. Your concept of fairness is based on playing by the rulebook. Fair enough. But the rules were written to prevent clubs reinventing themselves as new companies. The rule punishes them for taking this action. You are kidding yourself if you think what we are talking about isn't about punishment.

1. Any benefit would be short term and wouldn't stop teams going into administration/going to the wall - as happens from top to bottom every other season. Much more importantly, you've also got most on here saying they'd be finished with East Fife - not near enough a benefit.

2. They are likely, some of them anyway. Their team is dead (Rangers FC won't be in the 3rd) - it'd be a new Rangers, and even this new team might not survive a season - the NewCo could be in administration before the OldCo is buried. RE the fans, I'm talking about Levenmouth folk who at one time followed East Fife regularly.

3. I'm not kidding myself. They are dead. They will lose trophies and players. People will go to jail over this for sure. The Inland Revenue is going after individuals. That's the punishment. If you think this NewCo, if and when, they reach the SPL, will get 50,000 a week, you're kidding yourself. Speak to Rangers fans/season ticket holders now.

(I may well be kidding myself that EF gain a few ex-local Gers right enough - but you can hope).

As I said on the other thread, I'm not going to respond again because the assertions and conclusions you are making are just wrong. As time will show.

St Pauli Fifer
1. Any benefit would be short term and wouldn't stop teams going into administration/going to the wall - as happens from top to bottom every other season. Much more importantly, you've also got most on here saying they'd be finished with East Fife - not near enough a benefit. - ]

Same ones who threaten to stop going after every defeat!!

Fifer

But it looks like I am in the minority here when I say that this is a chance for East Fife to capitalise on Rangers' misfortunes. Making money out of the Huns? That can't be bad.
But right now East Fife have a chance to grab a windfall at Rangers' expense.
We can take the moral high ground, but it won't bring any benefit to our club. And two or three years from now, the moral high ground won't offer us much comfort when we're struggling to make ends meet. It's cold out there.
I want what's best for East Fife.

Utter pish. I'd rather we won promotion and filled the away end with fans from well supported teams like Morton, Partick Thistle, Dunfermline, and Dundee, or hope 2 of those sides get relegated - 4 packed away ends is better than 2. Forget Rangers and their massive support. Without Rangers, there will be no Celtic. No Old Firm = competitive football.
Anyone who's jizzing over the club getting a few extra bob for us having to tolerate the Rangers fans' bile at Bayview for 2 hours twice a season needs to get a grip.

Fifer
St Pauli Fifer

1. All SFL clubs would benefit financially. If the SFL lets Rangers into the First Division, they will strike a deal that benefits members. That's where Eugene's question came from. And there's TV money to share as well.
2. Rangers fans are hardly likely to switch allegiance to watch a Second Division side if their own team are in the Third Division
3. Your concept of fairness is based on playing by the rulebook. Fair enough. But the rules were written to prevent clubs reinventing themselves as new companies. The rule punishes them for taking this action. You are kidding yourself if you think what we are talking about isn't about punishment.

1, No guarantee of financial benefit or a TV deal. TV companies have only been interested in a league involving the Old Firm.

2, Agreed but they are also highly unlikely to swell the attendances of clubs who voted against them joining a reformed SFL1/SPL2 whatever it may be named, and crucially we would have written off 12 points for the season we played in the same league as the newco.

For all the newco/oldco/Rangers should go into the 1st division apologists out there, do really think that if East Fife went into liquidation, quickly formed a new club and demanded that it be placed into division 1 do you imagine that would happen? Why should a new team, just because it is linked to the old Rangers, be given preferred treatment? It is fuckin outrageous that it is even being talked about.

Scottish football is at a crossroads here. It needs to be seen to be playing fair and show that it has some shred of integrity and dignity left (I include the football authorities in this and the clubs in the SFL). It will be shameful if it acts in narrow self interest just to appease the old regime, Sky TV and the bigots and charlatans in the west coast media.

No I won't be back at Bayview if a newco starts in division 1. I feel that strongly.

Mad Man
For all the newco/oldco/Rangers should go into the 1st division apologists out there, do really think that if East Fife went into liquidation, quickly formed a new club and demanded that it be placed into division 1 do you imagine that would happen? Why should a new team, just because it is linked to the old Rangers, be given preferred treatment? It is fuckin outrageous that it is even being talked about.

Scottish football is at a crossroads here. It needs to be seen to be playing fair and show that it has some shred of integrity and dignity left (I include the football authorities in this and the clubs in the SFL). It will be shameful if it acts in narrow self interest just to appease the old regime, Sky TV and the bigots and charlatans in the west coast media.

No I won't be back at Bayview if a newco starts in division 1. I feel that strongly.

You said it better than I could!!

Mad Man

Agree!!

Just heard news headline saying that a deal has been struck to allow Newco Rangers into the first division. No other details yet, hopefully East Fife have had nothing to do with it. Even if they haven't their silence on the matter doesn't look good I'm afraid!

From BBC website:

BBC Scotland has learned of plans being put in place that would allow Rangers to move directly into Scottish Division One in the coming season.

Rangers FC plc is soon to be liquidated and Charles Green's consortium are reforming the club.

But Green's Rangers newco has not gained support to replace the old club in the Scottish Premier League.

And senior Scottish football figures are proposing that Rangers start season 2012-13 in the second tier.

There are also plans for the SPL and Scottish Football League bodies to be merged into a new organisation called 'The Scottish Professional Football League' in 12 months' time.

The main points of proposal documentation viewed by BBC Scotland are:

Green's group bought Rangers FC plc's assets to relaunch the club
•Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and replaced in the SPL by Dundee.
•Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for £1m.
•The SPL and SFL will merge into one body at the start of season 2013-14.
•Play-offs between the top two divisions will be introduced in time for the coming season with one team from the top flight and three from the second tier competing for a place in the following season's SPL.
•There will be an increase in the parachute payments made to clubs relegated from the SPL.
•Changes will be made to the distribution model for clubs in the top two tiers with teams in the lower leagues earning a similar amount to the current set-up.
•A new pyramid system will become effective from season 2014-15 that will allow a potential place in the new league format for a team from either the Highland league or newly-created 'Lowland League'.
•Rangers newco's acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the pervious club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.
It is understood Rangers chief executive Green has been "briefed" by Hibernian chairman Rod Petrie on the plans to gain their approval.

Ritchie
From BBC website:

BBC Scotland has learned of plans being put in place that would allow Rangers to move directly into Scottish Division One in the coming season.

Rangers FC plc is soon to be liquidated and Charles Green's consortium are reforming the club.

But Green's Rangers newco has not gained support to replace the old club in the Scottish Premier League.

And senior Scottish football figures are proposing that Rangers start season 2012-13 in the second tier.

There are also plans for the SPL and Scottish Football League bodies to be merged into a new organisation called 'The Scottish Professional Football League' in 12 months' time.

•Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and replaced in the SPL by Dundee.
•Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for £1m.
•Play-offs between the top two divisions will be introduced in time for the coming season with one team from the top flight and three from the second tier competing for a place in the following season's SPL.
•There will be an increase in the parachute payments made to clubs relegated from the SPL.
•Changes will be made to the distribution model for clubs in the top two tiers with teams in the lower leagues earning a similar amount to the current set-up.
•A new pyramid system will become effective from season 2014-15 that will allow a potential place in the new league format for a team from either the Highland league or newly-created 'Lowland League'.
•Rangers newco's acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the pervious club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge.
It is understood Rangers chief executive Green has been "briefed" by Hibernian chairman Rod Petrie on the plans to gain their approval.

If any of this is true then today will be the day that Scottish football as a serious entity died.

After 44 years of watching East Fife my association with the club will now cease. What is the point of continuing? The game is a sham and cheats can and do prosper it seems.

I have a feeling that other supporters will feel the same and I suspect that followers of many other clubs across the country will be similarly disillusioned with this news.

it surely will still need a vote to be passed,why are we bending over backwards to accomodate cheats who are a blight on our game.all fans must pressure their boards to say no no no.All these things that are being proposed(except money for games in sfl) could be done without the acceptance of div 1 football for the newco.The big 2 clubs that were would never allow any of these changes in the past for purely self interest and now we are going to get the crumbs from their table once they have bled the game dry for years.Please please please all football club boards remember this would never have happened if it was your club that went to the wall.Do to others as would have been done to you.
I don't know if i'd go as far as to say i won't be back but think some sort of protest is required if this happens.

Ritchie
From BBC website:

The senior figures in Scottish Football who hatched this disgraceful compromise must be named and shamed. Why on earth should a new club move straight into Division 1, the old Rangers simply ceased to exist. If there is no Rangers in football anymore then you cannot simply pretend the newco is Rangers and relegate them to the 1st Division. If this happens I hope all 1st Division clubs boycott all Rangers games and withold their season ticket money. The fans should not be ignored in all of this.

Completed the survey. I hope East Fife actually listen to the fans and does not allow the cheating bigots to just act like nothing happened. If they are placed into Div 1 they would no doubt win the league and be back in the SPhell next season and Scottish football will be back to the same old rubbish.

This is a chance to freshen things up we can't afford to blow it. They only need 8 votes from SFL clubs to oppose the newco to be placed into Div 1. With Falkirk, Raith and Morton already telling them where to go, I would love our board to be brave and be club no 4.

FTOF

If Rangers are not put into the 3rd division i am also done with scottish football.

Just added my vote on your club's official website. I feel a tad guilty about it, but there's nothing to stop any Huns voting on it either. Also, my own club didn't have a supporters' vote on this matter, although thankfully they are in touch with the fans on this issue. Plenty Pars saying on their forum that they've voted on EFFC website and I'm sure it's been reciprocated on theirs. Third Division or nothing. Anything else stinks.

According to Sky Sports news Rangers will be playing in Div 1 next season. Absolute scandal if this is the case. What`s the point in supporting your local team our club can`t even vote on the matter. No wonder people are saying they won`t be going back to Bayview! Compensation coming our way surely????

An absolute disgrace and a low,low point in Scottish football if these cheats are allowed to go straight to Division One.
Angry and disappointed that our game has come to this.

So SPL clubs dont want them but then threaten breakaway SPL2 with no promotion and relegation if SFL clubs don't accept.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/108457-spl-threaten-breakaway-league-if-sfl-clubs-do-not-agree-to-rangers-plans/

Absolute disgrace.

in my opinon the SPL have treated SFL clubs with contempt for years.
Now they need a vehicle to save the "new" Rangers.
However I'm confused by some of the comments here.If the majority of SFL clubs vote to accept this deal but East Fife vote against,some East Fife supporters will still punish the club.
I've never had any time for Rangers [or Celtic],Scotland and Scottish football would be better without all they represent.
Whether I like it or not I'm certain the SPL will have Rangers in the top league after 1 season.
As far as I'm concerned the SFL should play hardball to get the best deal possible for their members clubs.

Mad Man

Fantastic post. I agree with every word. I hope the board makes the correct decision on this. If Newco are placed into the 1st i won't have anything to do with the SFL again. It's a disgrace that this is even an issue.

If this rumour is true then this is a tragedy of epic proportions for Scottish Football. The football authorities will loose any vestige of integrity they had remaining.
The new club should be bound by the rules of entry to the SFL and apply for election as any other club would be required to do. They no longer exist as a part of the SPL/SFL/SFA so, C'mon EF do your bit for the beautiful game! Vote against any 'parachuting in' of this new club to any of the SFL leagues. Lets have Spartans or Gala Fairydean or one of the Highland League clubs, they deserve their chance. Rangers are no more, they are where they have always belonged on the scrapheap of football history. Hopefully they will be remembered as the team which bought titles by stealing public money, ruining many small businesses and treating the rest of Scottish Football with disdain. Sandy Jardine and the other club 'ambassadors' threats and recent statements merely show the ex club in it's true blue bigoted colours. Makes me want to throw up!

GoF
So SPL clubs dont want them but then threaten breakaway SPL2 with no promotion and relegation if SFL clubs don't accept.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/108457-spl-threaten-breakaway-league-if-sfl-clubs-do-not-agree-to-rangers-plans/

Absolute disgrace.

So the SPL are blackmailing div 2 & 3 clubs!! About par for the course.

So the SPL chairmen of hearts, Aberdeen etc go public about integrity blah blah to not let newco into SPL. Will they be so quick to explain their position on this absurd turn of events

For all that I'm angry (that's really, really angry!) about the prospect of a newco Rangers being parachuted into Division 1 and I stand by every word I said above, I'm not naive or daft enough to believe that there will not be a Rangers of some description plying their rotten trade somewhere next season. I would grudgingly accept therefore an application to join the SFL, on condition that it is done under existing rules and that they start in the third division the same as every other new entrant to the SFL. Anything else would be an utter travesty of natural justice and fair play and even then it would piss me off big style (but I could live with it).

I would be back therefore watching my beloved East Fife next season if, and only if that happens. Anything else then you can forget it.

Obviously this is a major Issue for East Fife/Scottish football.

Some on here are saying kick Newco into Div3 and let them work there way back up BUT also saying they dont want them at bayview. Livingston did it easily and IMO made a mock of the leagues for 2 seasons as it denied teams like ourselves a play-off spot.

With the current proposal of Newco for Div1 on the table then this has no Effect on our League.Yes it makes a total shambles of scottish football but at the end of the day after 3 or so years it'll be the same 2 teams winning the majority of cups and with East Fife fans saying " if our club went bust then we wouldnt get a lifeline" Then i say this......stay away from Bayview and OUR CLUB WILL GO BUST!

What will you achieve from seeing your own club Die?

Dont bother asking what new signings Gordon Durie will be making as apparently so many fans will not be renewing their season tickets that the club will have very limited funds.

everyone has their own views on this but IMO rallying fans to stay away from Bayview is not the answer.

Nyc fifer
GoF

Absolute disgrace.

So the SPL are blackmailing div 2 & 3 clubs!! About par for the course.

So the SPL chairmen of hearts, Aberdeen etc go public about integrity blah blah to not let newco into SPL. Will they be so quick to explain their position on this absurd turn of events

My god, the blackmailing bastards. How low can these scum get?

For years the SFL clubs wanted change.The authorities for years said NO.Now when one of their beloved Glasgow giants find themselves in the crap,hey lets change and help said Glasgow club back in the SPL ASAP.Even though this club have been cheating for 10-20 years (who knows exactly how long) and have left debts all over the place,they still bend over backwards to help them.I fear I have now seen my last game at Bayview,but honestly what is the bloody point,if we are being treated like complete MUGS? Scottish football R.I.P.

I really don`t understand how Rangers/Newco/Cheating bastards or whatever you want to call them can simply leapfrog 2 leagues and start in the 1st Div?? At best they should start again in Div 3, and even at that they should consider themselves lucky!! It`s truely disgusting. We have spent within our means and struggled for years to progress and now a club who have blatantly been caught cheating are allowed to reform and go straight into div 1! I am quite simply astonished that this could be allowed to happen...To say i am angry and seriously pissed off would be a massive understatement! I`ll be back at Bayview whatever happens!

The end of Scottish football. This was the chance to rid Scotland of its shame. One down, one to follow.
What now? Do any of the anti Rangers clubs have the balls to breakaway and set up their own league? Will any undecided sheep clubs follow? It just shows that there is so much money to be made from religious hatred. The pie is obviously cut into more slices than we originally thought.
F*** it. If that's how you become a big club, lets cash in. Celtic are catholic, Rangers were protestant - but the rights to this faith have no doubt been bought by Sevco. We can be Muslim, Rastafarian, Jewish or whatever. Raith Rovers can then adopt the opposite religion. What a joke. Time to break away from this corrupt league.

Its not over till its over comrades. The leak of the "proposal document" (which incidentally my 6 year old could re write more coherently and a lot less hysterically) is already causing a major social media backlash.

The worst part of it is the not veiled at all threat from Mr Doncaster that if you dont play along they'll pick up the ball and start a SPL 2.
Let them! I can live with my club backing sporting integrity and only spending money we have out-with the control of the Self Preservation League.
I couldn't live with the club backing the stitch up.

Lets give the board a chance to tell us the results of the survey and how they propose to vote on the proposal.
If it goes through but we voted against it they should be congratulated and we should redouble our efforts to support the team and the board.
Unity is strength!

It is sad to read on this thread, so many people saying they won't go back to Bayview because of another club who we cross paths with only two or three times every thirty years. They have nothing to do with us, and even if they re-start in the Third Division, before long they will rebuild and take their place at the top of the game again. They will return to being irrelevant to East Fife supporters, as they have been for as long as most of us have been East Fife fans.

Whatever your feelings about the Rangers situation, the most illogical conclusion of all is to abandon your own club. Or is it? Why not divorce your wife as well, burn down your house, and disown your children? Hell, why not go the whole hog and blow your brains out?

Abandon your own club over this? GET A FUCKING GRIP.

Raith, Falkirk and Morton have already stated they will vote No to Rangers being admitted to Division 1 and no doubt others will follow. Mr Doncaster is hoping to set up SPL 2 if Rangers are not admitted to Division 1. Where would the clubs come from for SPL 2 ? Surely the three aforementioned teams cannot be hypocritical and join in to suit Rangers after trying to uphold sporting integrity by voting against them. Interesting times ahead. Already got my season ticket for Bayview and believe the Board will have listened to the fans and vote accordingly.

Davie
The end of Scottish football. This was the chance to rid Scotland of its shame. One down, one to follow.
What now? Do any of the anti Rangers clubs have the balls to breakaway and set up their own league? Will any undecided sheep clubs follow? It just shows that there is so much money to be made from religious hatred. The pie is obviously cut into more slices than we originally thought.
F*** it. If that's how you become a big club, lets cash in. Celtic are catholic, Rangers were protestant - but the rights to this faith have no doubt been bought by Sevco. We can be Muslim, Rastafarian, Jewish or whatever. Raith Rovers can then adopt the opposite religion. What a joke. Time to break away from this corrupt league.

I would like East Fife to be Buddhists. That would be cool. The Linos could be Scientologists or something equally stupid.

Peace and karma man.

If East Fife were Buddhists Rovers would be God.