Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
hope it doesn't come to this!

Hello Dennis, please pass this message to the board of directors.
I have not collected my season ticket and therefore a refund can be claimed. If East Fife FC endorse the proposal to allow the Newco Rangers Football Club straight in to Div 1, my family and I will no longer attend SFL matches, either home at Bayview or away as we have done regularly over many years.
We feel very strongly on this issue and would fully expect the vast majority of SFL supporters to be like minded.
I sincerely hope it doesn't come to this, but do not want to be any part of a scheme where the game is beig ridiculed.
Yours, Ian Lowson.

Re: hope it doesn't come to this!

I find it strange that so many East Fife and other team supporters are more concerned about what happens to the newco rather than the welfare of their own club. Personally I don't care whether the newco lands in the 1st or the 3rd division of the SFL,which ever league it is, it will turn it into a circus. I keep hearing about sporting integrity and this coming from SPL teams who denied Falkirk promotion to the SPL for non sporting reasons, and who insisted in only one relegation spot which is totally out of keeping with the rest of Scottish, British, and football in general, for reasons of financial gain, where is the sporting integrity in that. In my opinion there is an opportunity here for league reformation, which would benefit the whole of Scottish football, however this can only be achieved through negotiation, will the leaders of our clubs have the foresight to achieve this. The latest I heard tonight is that if agreement can't be reached with the SFL, the much vaunted SFL2 will finally appear, at least then we will see how far sporting integrity takes you when the golden carrot is dangled in front of the cash hungry 1st division teams. We would all like a sporting eutopia, however in reality we should negotiate the best deal for all the SFL clubs while the opportunity is there. I for one will be collecting my season ticket.

Well said uA

Aye, that kind of sums up people nowadays. As long as doesn't affect me, who cares. The brutal truth is, if our club hit a financial crisis onthis scale, we wouldn't need to buy season tickets as there would be no club.
The thought of clubs being blackmailed to accept the package makes me sick.
After 40 loyal years following the Fife, this has really saddened me as I have been looking forward to taking my young son to the games.

uA
I find it strange that so many East Fife and other team supporters are more concerned about what happens to the newco rather than the welfare of their own club. Personally I don't care whether the newco lands in the 1st or the 3rd division of the SFL,which ever league it is, it will turn it into a circus. I keep hearing about sporting integrity and this coming from SPL teams who denied Falkirk promotion to the SPL for non sporting reasons, and who insisted in only one relegation spot which is totally out of keeping with the rest of Scottish, British, and football in general, for reasons of financial gain, where is the sporting integrity in that. In my opinion there is an opportunity here for league reformation, which would benefit the whole of Scottish football, however this can only be achieved through negotiation, will the leaders of our clubs have the foresight to achieve this. The latest I heard tonight is that if agreement can't be reached with the SFL, the much vaunted SFL2 will finally appear, at least then we will see how far sporting integrity takes you when the golden carrot is dangled in front of the cash hungry 1st division teams. We would all like a sporting eutopia, however in reality we should negotiate the best deal for all the SFL clubs while the opportunity is there. I for one will be collecting my season ticket.

Each to his own of course but does the fact that an ill thought out reorganisation is being rushed through simply to accommodate a bunch of cheats, bigots and Sky Tv not bother you at all? Well if this does happen enjoy the competition with your 150 mates shivering in the stand. These people do not give a shit about the likes of East Fife. Short term gain for long term pain this will end up.

What makes those in charge of the SPL think that clubs would want to join an SPL2 - it is not as if the SPL has been a glowing success.

And are the SPL clubs really wanting to divide their revenue further. If SPL2 does happen (and it won't) I'm sure the rules on revenue distribution will be changed again once rangers get into SPL1 again.

If rangers are admitted to the 1st division they should start the season on +50 points. That should be enough to ensure promotion even if they go into administration again.

You do realise the letter sent to all clubs yesterday said,you get a vote to admit cheats fc to SFL1,if the majority vote no,then stuff you all cos the cheats fc will still be put there,and oh BTW you wont get promotion from your league to the new SPL2 EVER. And some people on here say they don't care what league cheats fc get put into cos they are EF fans???

Normal Norman
You do realise the letter sent to all clubs yesterday said,you get a vote to admit cheats fc to SFL1,if the majority vote no,then stuff you all cos the cheats fc will still be put there,and oh BTW you wont get promotion from your league to the new SPL2 EVER. And some people on here say they don't care what league cheats fc get put into cos they are EF fans???

Everyone it seems will lose out of this sorry mess. Except of course a newco Rangers.

East Fife's future looks bad whatever happens now. I wonder if those that will have the newco shooed into a new 2nd tier or the supporters who will follow follow that club will lose any sleep over it? You all know the answer to that.