Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Mound

I think the supporters of all SFL clubs should do a protest against the newco and the SPLs plans for them entering the first division,They should have to apply to join the SFL like any other new team,as basically thats is what they are a new team.

Re: The Mound

Don`t think there is anything we can do Zak! Your 100% right tho. The newco are a brand new team/company and are allowed to walk straight into the 1st Div, and it`s for financial reasons only. Totaly scunnered wi Scottish football now.

We are totally scunnered too,We(thats is Becky and I)are have a long hard think about running the bus next season.

Have a look at

http://wingsland.podgamer.com/the-lead-parachute/

i'm still trying to understand why fans would want to boycott Bayview.
yes, newco heading into Div1 is wrong but they'll be there in 2 years anyway, if and when they come into our league then our chances of a play-off spot reduce further.
Every fan is entitled to their opinion but where does it all end for East fife?
Do we hand back over £200k that we've made from the 2 rangers games since 1997 so we can cleanse our souls from sin?
Do we publicly flog Gordon Durie for playing for them and strip him of his league and cup medals?
East Fife are not the cheats here so talk of boycotts and not renewing season tickets are IMO wrong.

Let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone

kenwit
yes, newco heading into Div1 is wrong but they'll be there in 2 years anyway, if and when they come into our league then our chances of a play-off spot reduce further.
Do we hand back over £200k that we've made from the 2 rangers games since 1997 so we can cleanse our souls from sin?
Do we publicly flog Gordon Durie for playing for them and strip him of his league and cup medals?
East Fife are not the cheats here so talk of boycotts and not renewing season tickets are IMO wrong.

Rangers can't be relegated to division 1 or SPL 2 or whatever other closed shop league they want to call it, as they no longer exist. They are a new company so why are they allowed just to start again in the second tier as The Rangers at the expense of other clubs who play by the rules.

Livingston were punted to division 3, so what is the difference? Just because they are a bigger club and generate more money. Money shouldn't come into it, they are cheats who should be punished. So what if they will run away with div 3, 2 and 1, they are a new company who should have to start at the bottom again.

I doubt the SFL clubs will allow them into division 1, as already a number of 1st division clubs have voted against it, and I hope we are next, we need to come out and tell the fans either way.

Scottish football is within a few weeks of ultimately dying as apathy and boredom has taken hold of the game, if The Rangers aren't punished accordingly the game will die, and I wont be back to Bayview in a hurry to support the cheating blazers of the SFA.

kenwit

Well firstly, Rangers are dead.

Secondly, if the leagues that East Fife participate in are no longer legitimate competitions, then interest in them will further drop, disillusionment with them will further increase.

As far as I know, most East Fife fans wouldn't boycott East Fife if they would adopt a stance similar to our neighbours Raith Rovers on the newco moving in to the first division. Clyde have also spoken out today http://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2012/06/30/4134/

If the current East Fife board support the newco proposal then I think that many fans will not be going back this season though, myself included.

Let's have a statement from the club against the newco and put any potential unrest to bed, and make sure we can sell as many season tickets as possible prior to the season starting

I think it is totally up to Zak and Becky if they choose run a bus to the away games this coming season.

It is their time and effort that makes the bus possible, I thank them for having a bus to go the away games when I have been across the pond.

Same thing with the Burger Boys and Girl it is up to them if they want to get the rail tickets for anyone wishing to travel on the train.

I have had great experiences on both modes of travel

It is very doubtful if I will make it across for any of the games this coming season, as long as there is BBC World Sports, Iwill be able to keep up to date every week East Fife plays,I will also be able watch the match videos on the official site.

kenwit

newco heading into Div1 is wrong but they'll be there in 2 years anyway

Who says? Let them earn it. And why do EFFC have to sin, they can say no and get the backing of us fans.

Doc Brown
kenwit

newco heading into Div1 is wrong but they'll be there in 2 years anyway

Who says? Let them earn it. And why do EFFC have to sin, they can say no and get the backing of us fans.

Yes let them earn it BUT by not saying anything then thats taking as a no???
Pay ur money to get on the board and have ur say.

East Fife(like most clubs) are hardly guilt free when it comes to past sins !

I think you are missing the point Kenwit Zak is not getting at EFFC when he says he won't be back at Bayview. He is saying he will be finished with Scottish football if the newco are allowed to go into the 1st division, as are a great many fans from all the teams in the leagues.

boaby lover
I think you are missing the point Kenwit Zak is not getting at EFFC when he says he won't be back at Bayview. He is saying he will be finished with Scottish football if the newco are allowed to go into the 1st division, as are a great many fans from all the teams in the leagues.

i understand,and also about the leagues being worthless but to stay away from our club is not the answer. LOl unsure what the answer is but as a starting point then start at the SFA ( as all clubs are members) boycott all Scotland games,Tartan 'army' cancel their membership.
i hope we're all sitting frozen at bayview next season and hopefully Zak and yourself is there and still running the bus to away games

kenwit
....but to stay away from our club is not the answer.

Yes, it is, otherwise corruption rules in Scotland.
But it won't come to that and it's a great pleasure to watch this happen to the complete and utter disgrace that is Rangers, home of bigotry, sectarianism and knobs in shellsuits.