Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Comments on SFL Proposals

Supporters may find this article of interest.

http://wingsland.podgamer.com/the-lead-parachute/

Re: Comments on SFL Proposals

Read that yesterday. Thought it was an excellent piece and addressed the points well.

Whether club chairman will be fully on the same page, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

They should all be made to read this article though.

"So any SFL2/3 chairman would need to have an IQ roughly the same as a sausage roll to vote for the plan."

Unfortunately some of those chairman are not even that bright. Some also have an affection for one half of the old firm. There is also the old cronies act that could influence voting. But I'm sure there are enough right minded people for the right thing to be done.

Quoted from the article:

'Hang on – does it? Who says so? We can only assume that this figure relates to the Sky/ESPN deal, which at £80m for five years comes to £16m a season. But (a) Sky have already said they have no plans to pull out of Scottish football, (b) even if they did it’s ludicrous to assume there would be no live TV coverage at all, and (c) the SFL sees almost none of that money anyway, so why would its members care?'

One thing I would hate to see is other clubs imperiled by the greedy b*****ds who have also jeopardised the future of Rangers. So I am greatly relieved that Sky will continue to cover the SPL.

I will also add that I, and many other Rangers supporters, are not opposed to beginning next season in Division Three, either. Most I have spoken to are happy to secure the club's existence and will be renewing their season tickets.

Eugene Clarke
Supporters may find this article of interest.

http://wingsland.podgamer.com/the-lead-parachute/

So is the board you are a part going to end all this and vote no ?

Rangers Man
Quoted from the article:

I will also add that I, and many other Rangers supporters, are not opposed to beginning next season in Division Three, either. Most I have spoken to are happy to secure the club's existence and will be renewing their season tickets.

I hate to be the one to break this to you pal, but the club's existence cannot be secured. It's too late. Liquidation. End of story. Finito. Bust. Good night Vienna and goodbye £1million.

Davie
Rangers Man
Quoted from the article:

I hate to be the one to break this to you pal, but the club's existence cannot be secured. It's too late. Liquidation. End of story. Finito. Bust. Good night Vienna and goodbye £1million.

Here's our website: http://www.rangers.co.uk/

Here's our page on the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers

Same badge, ground, supporters. Newco is the diminutive form of 'new company', one that manages the football club.

rangers man the bad feeling is because the other clubs 41 outwith the huns want rangers to be treated like any other club no more no less and that means 3rd div. i have no doubt the spl will hae a carve up so u can go into 1st. but while we are on this subject have a look at when rangers (remember them) voted teams like gretna and clydebank out the league but ah forgot the rules dont apply tae u eh. take the punishment wi dignity instead o blamin abody else for yous cheatin. you may have the powers that be in your pockets i.e doncaster but scottish fitba sees u for what u are . moanin cheatin bastards with no remorse. i hope u go to third but only because thats what would happen to any team outwith old firm

Rangers Man

I will also add that I, and many other Rangers supporters, are not opposed to beginning next season in Division Three, either.

Whether you are opposed to it or not doesn't matter.You may find that the rest of Scottish football is opposed to you. If rangers want to play football in Scotland it will be at the discretion of the other clubs. I think a more humbled and appologetic tone is required from rangers - the language from the club and their fans have won them no friends. And they need friends right now. Rangers need scottish football - Scottish football does not need rangers.

MaRY_BaLE
Rangers Man

I will also add that I, and many other Rangers supporters, are not opposed to beginning next season in Division Three, either.

Whether you are opposed to it or not doesn't matter.You may find that the rest of Scottish football is opposed to you. If rangers want to play football in Scotland it will be at the discretion of the other clubs. I think a more humbled and appologetic tone is required from rangers - the language from the club and their fans have won them no friends. And they need friends right now. Rangers need scottish football - Scottish football does not need rangers.

Humble and contrition are just not in these people's language Mary. They feel they have a sense of entitlement and just don't get the strength of feeling against them. They are cheats and liars and if that wasn't bad enough they are now trying to bully the rest of Scottish football.. The Rangers fan who has been posting on the forum recently started off talking fairly rationally but has just been unable to hide the arrogance that is characteristic of people that feel they are superior to the rest of us plebs.

Folks, in another thread I stated that I thought we deserved to start from Division Three. Many others I know feel the same way.

Rangers Man, the one word that i have never heard from anyone who has spoken on this subject from the club formely known as Rangers is SORRY!!

Not one piece of remorse from anyone, all we here is yooz need uz W.A.T.P from the fans.

W.A.T.P = WE ARE TAX PAYERS!!!!

John Brown is wheeled out to speak of a fans take over, a week after he backed a Celtic fan in his failed attempt, you coud not make this crap up, Brown could hardly put a decent sentence together, was he drunk?? "We want Ranjurz people in charge of our club , we have a bank account to put the season ticket money into", John hello hello you don't own a club to sell season tickets for it!!

Take your punishment and stop whinging!!!

Scotty
Rangers Man, the one word that i have never heard from anyone who has spoken on this subject from the club formely known as Rangers is SORRY!!

Not one piece of remorse from anyone, all we here is yooz need uz W.A.T.P from the fans.

W.A.T.P = WE ARE TAX PAYERS!!!!

John Brown is wheeled out to speak of a fans take over, a week after he backed a Celtic fan in his failed attempt, you coud not make this crap up, Brown could hardly put a decent sentence together, was he drunk?? "We want Ranjurz people in charge of our club , we have a bank account to put the season ticket money into", John hello hello you don't own a club to sell season tickets for it!!

Take your punishment and stop whinging!!!

They'll never say sorry Scotty as they believe they are the innocent victims in all of this. That and their perceived sense of entitlement prevents them from showing any remorse at all.

Bit worrying that next week's SFL vote only needs a majority decision to pass and not 75%.

That means 15 Clubs need to vote 'no' to Servco FC in Division 1.

Only 8 have come out publically in opposition at the moment.

Hopefully we see another 7 or more in the enxt week to allay fears.

Mad Man
Scotty

They'll never say sorry Scotty as they believe they are the innocent victims in all of this. That and their perceived sense of entitlement prevents them from showing any remorse at all.

At the risk of being labelled a Closet Hun ( Never have been -never will be - been a season ticket holder of EF and supporter for 40 years) I really dont think the Rangers fans have anything to say sorry for.

Lets imagine that (in a much smaller way) Willie Gray continued to pay unreaslistic wages for players for a couple of years more than he did.It is my view that ,if that happened, we would be in exactly the same position as Rangers i.e accused of living beyond our means and leaving debtors out of pocket as we were liquidated. Would that have been the EF fans fault? What would we have to be sorry for? Supporting our team through a period of `success`? There is no doubt that Rangers need to pay the price of their actions.The ones that MUST say sorry are messrs Murray , Whyte and all their lackys and a@@@ lickers on their respective `boards`. I also think the Bank of Scotland and Lloyds TSB have a lot to apologise for.

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug
#SFL meeting continues at Hampden. Source tells me that members advised 16 of the 30 clubs are needed to vote newco #Rangers into Div 1.