Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FAO Sid -Starter for 10

Here is a wee starter for 10 for the board. All you need to do to allay the fears and frustrations of fans is insert EFFC and put this on the website sometime before Tuesday. We are the only Fife club who havent made its view clear. Time to end the the uncertainty.

"As proud members of the Scottish Football League, we may soon be called upon to consider proposals for the way forward not only in relation to any vacancy that may arise in our league but also in respect of the future construction of the game in Scotland.

"Whilst we retain an open mind on the subject of league reconstruction, and will carefully consider any proposal put to us by the SFL board in this regard, the board of directors of ........ is unanimous in its view that we shall certainly not cast our vote in favour of any integrated plan that in our view compromises sporting integrity by involving the admission of any ‘Newco’ directly into Division One."

Re: FAO Sid -Starter for 10

Exactly.

The board should make their position clear so that we can move on and focus on the season ahead.

.. and for the avoidance of doubt maybe add .. or Division Two at the end.

All of the lower club chairmen and boards should be very aware that fans have brought down a lot over the years.

Brown never thought he'd be toppled and feelings would run so high, and look what happened there.

not all fife teams have commented, however, you don't need to be clairvoyant to know which way donald finlay would vote

Donald Finlay has already stated that Cowdenbeath want the Newco in the 1st Division.

I bow to your superior local knowledge. Couldnt find anything when i was looking.

I know there are a lot of fans, including myself, who would like the board to come out and state publicly how they will vote. The fact of the matter is they haven't, and i dont think they will.
However before i jump on board and start criticising them, i'm not so sure that its a bad thing they are not commenting. We have all seen the statement issued about reorganising the leagues, financial benefits etc etc etc, and its clear to anybody who read that statement, that the footballing authorities want Rangers in the first. I think to publicily come out and state that you will vote against this, may unnecessarily be sticking your head above the parapet. Surely we all remember the Kevin Fortheringham debacle, and the winter payments being withheld from us, why give them a reason to single us out now?
I'm not saying i am all for Rangers getting straight into the first, and i agree with most of the comments on the previous threads about them going straight down to the third, but is this really our fight to be getting involved in? When the time comes and we get our vote, then we'll get our say and hopefully the board do the right thing for the scottish game, but until then why get involved in all the media cicus around Rangers?
Before all the slagging starts, if the board were to come out tomorrow and issue a statement i would be as pleased as the next person, and i understand why some fans want them to do it, i am simply offering an opinion as to why they are not.

Did Eugene not say on a thread somewhere (I'm not about to trawl through them all to check) that the Board meeting is tonight and that he would expect it to be discussed there. I wasn't really expecting a statement before that has taken place anyway.

Before all the slagging starts, if the board were to come out tomorrow and issue a statement i would be as pleased as the next person, and i understand why some fans want them to do it, i am simply offering an opinion as to why they are not.[/quote]

I think that's a pretty sensible post. The board haven't made a statement or cast a vote yet but hey hopefully will. I think what folk like me were saying was we would like them to listen to the fans and make East Fife's position clear in upholding the rules as they stand. Its a fact that we are the only Fife club not to have said anything about it.
I personally think we should. The points been made elsewhere that chairmen/board members in the lower leagues are more likely to make use of a JCB than an EBT. They are for the most part fans first.

I'm also sure that Eugene is doing everything he can to make sure the board members hear the views of ordinary fans. I think its really interesting that nearly all of the clubs in the SFL who have commented so far have strong links with their fans either thru Trusts/Board reps or fan ownership as in Clydes case.
My view is when the dust settles that will be the model that prevails in Scottish football. The days of the venture capitalist club owner is well and truly Broon Breed.

It would be nice to know of the boards intentions asap!! No news defo not good news on this occasion! I find it quite worrying tbh....