Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Statement from East Fife FC re Newco

Statement from East Fife Board re Newco

East Fife FC want to make clear our views on the current “Newco” situation as it relates to SFL membership. We have taken into account the views of over 500 of our supporters who responded to our survey.

We retain an open mind on the subject of league reconstruction, and will carefully consider any proposal put to us in this regard.

The board of directors of East Fife FC, however, is unanimous in its view that we shall not support any integrated plan that in our view compromises sporting integrity by involving the admission of any ‘Newco’ directly into Division One. Any “Newco” must follow the normal application route into the bottom tier.

Sid Collumbine
Chairman, East Fife FC

Re: Statement from East Fife FC re Newco

I am so pleased that you have listened to the fans Sid, Eugene and the rest of the Board. Thank you for doing the correct thing, I can't be much prouder at this moment in time to say "I am an East Fife fan, and we are standing up to Rangers". My ST will be bought next week at the St Johnstone game. Once again, well done and thank you for acting professionally and listening to the views of your customers!

The only sensible decision that could have been made and the Board should be congratulated on using common sense and for listening to the fans of East Fife FC. Well done to all concerned.

Great news and the right decision.Well done EFFC board and fans.

Well done to Sid and the board. Proud of our club and the stance they have taken. Listening to what the paying customer is a rare thing in football, maybe that trend is about to turn.
There may be hard times ahead, but every "diddy team" in Scotland has faced this at some point in their history and come through, i'm pretty sure with the commitment of their fans they will make it through again.
I fear there are too many worried about personal loss in the future months or years.

cmon the Fife

I know Sid and the Board get a hard time at times, but credit where it's due.

Makes you even prouder to be an East Fife fan when you have a Club that comes out and makes a statement like that and listens to it's fans.

well done to the fans who took the time to fill out the survey also.. 523 people put their case forward.

Well done East Fife FC.

Well done the board.... Spot on.... As always proud to be a Fifer!

This is what most of us wanted to hear. Well done the EFFC Board and looking forward to the new season now.

Well done the East Fife board

Well done and thank you to the board . United we stand .

Soooo proud to be an East Fife fan.Well done for making a stand against the money men who think integrity is another item to be bought.

well done the board, c'mon the fife

Brilliant!

Well done the board of directors.

Well done to East Fife for allowing the fans the opportunity to show their strength of feeling with the survey and well done to the fans for doing the right thing.

I'm maybe an old cynic but somehow I think "Rangers" will be playing in sfl 1 next season.
It should never have been up to sfl clubs to sort this out.
I think financial necessity will overcome integrity.
A very difficult situation for clubs who have publicly proclaimed how they would vote.
Best they could say is that they have decided in the best interests of the club.

Excellent that the board has issued a resounding 'no' as others have rightly done. Our Club can wash its hands of this Newco business and will have the backing of the fans (and others in the SFL) - regardless of where this new team are collectively voted into.