Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Boycott Stenhousemuir next season

They intend to vote yes to newco going straight into Division1 next season. I for one won't be going to their ground if they do.

Re: Boycott Stenhousemuir next season

I will boycott all teams who vote yes, not just Stenhousemuir.

Over on another thread, I said the new-club will be the greatest sporting comeback since the Rocky pictures.

Then I read the Stenny statement, the bit where they went through the numbers.

Hud oan... If the SPL is raking in £18m a year, and the broadcasters are only interested in only 2 clubs to the extent they'll rip up the deal if one of them's no there... That's like them getting £9m for each of those clubs... So how's the SFL only offered £1m for selling the tv rights for one half of them back to the SPL?

Are they trying to make a monkey out of the wee teams that have no clue as to the value of TV rights?

If the clubs vote them into the third division perhaps they should invite bids for an SFL TV deal? Just make sure the contract doesn't sell our sporting integrity.

No to newco
They intend to vote yes to newco going straight into Division1 next season. I for one won't be going to their ground if they do.

Bottlers. I wonder how many more are going to capitulate to the bullies?

Well thats me not going back there.Wonder what Mr Clarks thoughts on his beloved Warriors is now.

The Stenhousemuir fans have been caught with their pants down, I feel sorry for them. We need to ensure supporters of other SFL teams make their views known to the decision makers at their respective clubs. A bit harsh to be talking of boycotts at this stage.

Not harsh at all - they can make their bed and lie in it. If anything, all fans should email the 'yes' Clubs now to say they intend to boycott when their teams come visiting if they intend to vote 'yes'. The vote hasn't happened yet after all. It's disgusting. Especially when our Club and loads of others are going to lose out on bribe money by voting 'no'. The (wee) Clubs should be showing solidarity in this.

Alloa look like saying yes too. Over the next 7 days all SFL clubs are going to come under enormous pressure to vote yes. I feel an almighty stitch up is heading our way!

They put together all the absolute worst case scenario stuff being touted by scaremongering ejits like traynor, jardine, Jock brown etc and say it'll cost them £50k

1. highly unlikely that it'll cost them anywhere near £50k (and how much will fans of every club not going to their ground cost them?)

2. If it did cost them £50k, is this £50k the price they put on the sporting integrity of our game? is this the price we sell out to doncaster/reagan and the newco? If so what's the point in football? I thought this was supposed to be a sport.

Well if its money they're all about, why not let them know how much they're losing by the hour here, unless they pledge to vote 'no' info@stenhousemuirfc.com

i suspect some clubs said 'no' just so fans would buy their season tickets and will do a u-turn when the vote comes around.

What would happen if next season Motherwell,St.mirren and Killie were to go bust,would they also enter Div.1?

If Newco fans want to go into Div3 then whats the problem?

No to Newco

In relation to your first point, on what basis do you make this statement?
Also if what you say is correct the SFL Boards are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Vote no and lose TV money, vote yes and lose supporters money via season tickets or through the gate!!!!!

In relation to point 2, should the question not be how does losing £50k effect EFFC? or are we all too busy giving the huns a kicking to care about our own clubs?

Just for clarity I support EFFC, have done for 40 years, home and away, season ticket holder (already have next seasons) before any wiggit starts accusing me of being a blue nose.

Just a thought but where was our sporting integrity when we had a paedophile as a chairman / owner or when we had a director paying players with back handers via brown envelopes!!!!

Sporting integrity is great when it doesn't affect your pocket eh

Panwithin18
No to Newco

In relation to your first point, on what basis do you make this statement?
Also if what you say is correct the SFL Boards are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Vote no and lose TV money, vote yes and lose supporters money via season tickets or through the gate!!!!!

In relation to point 2, should the question not be how does losing £50k effect EFFC? or are we all too busy giving the huns a kicking to care about our own clubs?

Just for clarity I support EFFC, have done for 40 years, home and away, season ticket holder (already have next seasons) before any wiggit starts accusing me of being a blue nose.

Just a thought but where was our sporting integrity when we had a paedophile as a chairman / owner or when we had a director paying players with back handers via brown envelopes!!!!

Sporting integrity is great when it doesn't affect your pocket eh

It's not about giving anyone a kicking. It's about treating the club formerly known as Rangers the same as any other club that has gone into liquidation. Would Gretna have been treated the same way? I think not.

"Just a thought but where was our sporting integrity when we had a paedophile as a chairman / owner or when we had a director paying players with back handers via brown envelopes!!!!"

Those are specious arguments and irrelevant to the newco debate and you know it. Danskin was removed as chairman when the allegations came to light and I hope you have evidence about the latter.

Here is an opportunity to do what is morally right and East Fife FC are taking the correct stand on this. It is about fairness and natural justice and if you think 50K is worth abandoning those ideals then Scottish football is in a bigger mess than I thought.

And as Fifer indicates letting the newco straight into Division 1 sets a unhealthy precedent. The next SPL team to go into liquidation will demand the same and the one after that too. And what about those teams such as East Fife striving to get into that league by legitimate means? What a kick in the teeth when a brand new club can circumnavigate the rules and be parachuted straight in. What is the point of competing fairly?

It stinks and will taint sScottish football for years to come if this happens.

So, Stenhousemuir have fallen for the disgraceful scaremongering gun to the head coments from both Regan and Doncaster, what an absolute shocker. Fans almost all over have overwhelmingly voted against newco coming into Division 1 with 95% against being the norm. Is this anoither case of a Board/Chairman of a football club ignoring the supporters who keep their club afloat.

I would urge all fans to boycott Stenhousemuir and any others who vote for this sham of a compromise.

Say no to newco into Division 1.

I've been following all this from South of the border with a great deal of interest. 100% agree with newco to div3 and no more.

The one aspect that does puzzle me is why nobody is talking about a boycott of SKY? If they are threatening to pull out of Scottish Football and potentially ruin the finances of the top division and national team then why isn't there a body of opinion suggesting stopping paying subscriptions to the sports channels?

I realise SKY have made no public pronouncement on this matter but this is what is being inferred by the SFA / SPL puppets yet this seems to be largely ignored.

I'm probably picking this up wrong as I don't read the Scottish media any more but it does seem very strange.

DerbyFife
I've been following all this from South of the border with a great deal of interest. 100% agree with newco to div3 and no more.

The one aspect that does puzzle me is why nobody is talking about a boycott of SKY? If they are threatening to pull out of Scottish Football and potentially ruin the finances of the top division and national team then why isn't there a body of opinion suggesting stopping paying subscriptions to the sports channels?

I realise SKY have made no public pronouncement on this matter but this is what is being inferred by the SFA / SPL puppets yet this seems to be largely ignored.

I'm probably picking this up wrong as I don't read the Scottish media any more but it does seem very strange.

It's a fair comment, but I think from our perspective the Sky money has no impact, it obviously does from the SPL clubs point of view and good on them for killing the return to the SPL dead.The OF are the ones to benefit more than any other, but teams like Dunfermline, St Mirren etc were also getting a reasonable amount out of Sky, unfortunately sometimes to the detriment of the crowd. Lunchtime games on a Saturday saw greatly reduced attendance in the stadia but both Sky and the clubs seem content to have the product beamed into our homes in front of appallingly low crowds. The main point is without doubt sporting integrity and for Stenhousemuir to fall for the rhetoric spouted by Docaster and Regan is very sad indeed.

Stenny also signed John Gemmell.

If ever a club was trying hard to be disliked...

Stenhousemuir seem to have recovered quite quickly from the threat of losing £50K and social unrest sweeping Scotland. John Gemmell will not be there for £20 pw

Just a thought. If Newco are given a golden ticket to Div1 next season, a precedent will be set. If you were in charge of clubs like East Stirling, would it not be tempting to liquidate and start again, getting 2 promotions into the bargain.

From Stenhousemuirfc.com

Club Votes To Place Rangers (Newco) into 3rd Division

Posted on Fri, 13th Jul 2012 by Terry Bulloch

At todays meeting of the SFL clubs to decide on the fate of Rangers (Newco), the club voted to place them into the 3rd Division.

As was indicated in the club's original statement that it would only vote in favour of Rangers on the strict proviso that the various elements of restructuring and merging of the leagues were agreed to our satisfaction.

During the meeting, the club still had doubt as to whether the above elements were to our satisfaction and in accordance with our initial statement voted to place Rangers in the 3rd Division.

FULL CLUB STATEMENT WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY.