Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Chairman's Remarks in Courier 06072012

'It's the proper thing to do' —
East Fife chief says Third Division is only option for newco Rangers

East Fife chairman Sid Collumbine has accused the SPL and SFA of using ''idle threats'' to pressurise SFL clubs into voting the newco Rangers into Division One.

By Craig Smith

Next week's vote at Hampden has taken on massive significance after the SPL refused to allow the newco entry into the top flight, with SFL clubs now charged with deciding what league Rangers should play in — or if they should be allowed into the SFL at all.
Despite suggestions that £16 million could be lost to the Scottish game if the new Rangers drop to the Third, Collumbine insists the Fifers will not waver in their position next week.
''To me it has to be the Third Division — it's the proper thing to do,'' he told Courier Sport. ''What's the use of the rules governing what happens when a team goes into liquidation when they just try and parachute them back in again?
''I'm glad sporting integrity prevailed in the end (at Tuesday's SFL meeting) but they've put more pressure on us again. You can't have a rule for 40 clubs and a rule for two — it just doesn't work.
''If it had been Motherwell or Hibs or Hearts it wouldn't have come to this. The rules put Gretna into the Third Division, the rules put Livingston into the Third Division and the rules must put Rangers into the Third Division.''
Collumbine believes SFL clubs should ''stick by their guns'', despite the apparent threat of a breakaway second flight being formed.
''The SPL are panicking and they virtually demanded Rangers should be put into Division One or they will form a breakaway SPL2,'' he said.
''They were saying that £16 million would be taken out of the game and would destroy football.
''This is where the SPL have told us lies and they made it clear that if we didn't vote Rangers into the Third Division they were going to go for another league.
''It's a very, very difficult call for us on Thursday and I'm sure there will be a lot of private and undercover meetings going on between clubs next week.
''But I think now is when we can be making the changes to the game that are needed,'' the Bayview chief added.

Re: Chairman's Remarks in Courier 06072012

I hope this is true and your chairman is following the view of a great majority of true football supporters as to stopping the old firm cartel in our leagues.Get them in the third div set a new set of ground rules which suit the majority as opposed to the minority.Get that twat from the SFA out of office as he is being worked by at least one of the two from the west of ireland.erseholes get them oot of scottish football.

If the option is only do you accept Newco rangers back into the SFL, without the option of what league they will start in, what will East Fifes position be? I only ask because that is how Stenhousemuir read the situation.

The letter being sent to the SFL clubs seems to be saying 'you get a vote to admit newco into the league structure.but WE will decide what league they go in'

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING – SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of The Scottish Football League will be held within the Bell/Baird Suite on the fifth floor of Hampden Park, Glasgow on Friday, 13th July, 2012 at 11.00 a.m. for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, approving the following proposals:-

(i) That the Scottish Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

(ii) That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the “Board”) to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.

(iii) That the Scottish Football League Members in terms of Rule 12 approve the resignation of either Dundee F.C. or Dunfermline Athletic F.C., whichever shall be admitted to join the Scottish Premier League for Season 2012/13, such resignation to take effect as at the date of admission of such club to the Scottish Premier League, notwithstanding that the requisite notice under Rule 12 shall not have been given.Details of the series of measures referred to at (ii) above shall be made available to the Members in advance of the meeting and an opportunity for full discussion of those measures will be given prior to the proposals being put to the meeting.

In accordance with the terms of SFL Rule 53, your club must send one representative to this meeting and I would be most grateful if you could advise me of the name of your representative by return.

A buffet lunch will be served at the conclusion of the meeting.

Kind regards,
David A. Longmuir
Chief Executive, SFL.'

Normal Norman
The letter being sent to the SFL clubs seems to be saying 'you get a vote to admit newco into the league structure.but WE will decide what league they go in'

NOTICE OF SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING – SCOTTISH FOOTBALL LEAGUE Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of The Scottish Football League will be held within the Bell/Baird Suite on the fifth floor of Hampden Park, Glasgow on Friday, 13th July, 2012 at 11.00 a.m. for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, approving the following proposals:-

(i) That the Scottish Football League Members agree to admit Sevco Scotland Limited as an Associate Member and agrees to permit Rangers F.C. to play in the League during Season 2012/13.

(ii) That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the “Board”) to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.

(iii) That the Scottish Football League Members in terms of Rule 12 approve the resignation of either Dundee F.C. or Dunfermline Athletic F.C., whichever shall be admitted to join the Scottish Premier League for Season 2012/13, such resignation to take effect as at the date of admission of such club to the Scottish Premier League, notwithstanding that the requisite notice under Rule 12 shall not have been given.Details of the series of measures referred to at (ii) above shall be made available to the Members in advance of the meeting and an opportunity for full discussion of those measures will be given prior to the proposals being put to the meeting.

In accordance with the terms of SFL Rule 53, your club must send one representative to this meeting and I would be most grateful if you could advise me of the name of your representative by return.

A buffet lunch will be served at the conclusion of the meeting.

Kind regards,
David A. Longmuir
Chief Executive, SFL.'

EFFC BoD; NO TO NEWCO IN SFL!!!!!

The whole situation just gets more disgusting at every turn.
The SFL clubs can vote to accept Newco (or not)
The SFL clubs can direct their board (under Longmuir)
that Newco should play in Div 3.
The board (Longmuir) can completely ignore what their member clubs are directing if they have a "satisfactory agreement" with the SFA/SPL that Newco in Div 1 is in the best interests of the game.
Is it not time that the Scottish Government or some impartial body,became involved and made some decisions that achieved a solution based on what is fair and legal. If not Regan,Doncaster,Longmuir et al will continue on their journey of self interest.
We know what the SFA/SPL want and it's not what is fair and has precedence.

Can't see politicians getting involved.I was astounded no politician criticised Regan's offensive comments.
I suppose you could say the Sfl document is an attempt to show leadership and take the heat off clubs but it seems more dictatorship than democracy.
Frankly I don't give a toss where Rangers play and have no interest in the SPL - a failed league which has brought the standard of Scottish football to its lowest point.
After this is over I hope the boards of the SFA and SPL examine the perfomance of their respective Chief executives.

I think that you may find that FIFA or UEFA are watching what is happening and will take measures if and when they think that the parent bodies are not towing the official line.This may happen sooner than later.

Ntoc summed it up well - disgusting.

Is it 3 seperate votes ? If so Clubs just need to vote i) YES, ii) NO, iii) YES.

Not The Other Chairman
The whole situation just gets more disgusting at every turn.
The SFL clubs can vote to accept Newco (or not)
The SFL clubs can direct their board (under Longmuir)
that Newco should play in Div 3.
The board (Longmuir) can completely ignore what their member clubs are directing if they have a "satisfactory agreement" with the SFA/SPL that Newco in Div 1 is in the best interests of the game.
Is it not time that the Scottish Government or some impartial body,became involved and made some decisions that achieved a solution based on what is fair and legal. If not Regan,Doncaster,Longmuir et al will continue on their journey of self interest.
We know what the SFA/SPL want and it's not what is fair and has precedence.

That's why you're chairman in charge! My views exactly!

As we have already said if this is allowed to happen we will not attend another Scottish football match. We would also hope that all Scottish football fans will let Regan, Longmuir et al know where their wages come from. If the fans stop going they have nothing.