Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
EFFC Fun Day

I have just been informed that the fun day will still go ahead, all stalls have been moved upstairs.

Re: EFFC Fun Day

any one know who all played for the 1st team at the fun day?

First team squad players who played were Andy Collier, Craig Johnstone, Scott Durie, Stevie Campbell, Div Muir, Paul McManus, Gareth Wardlaw. Scott McBride played after signing a contract this morning. Players missing were Robert Sloan, Michael Brown, Andrew Cook, Darren Smith, David White and Darren McCormack. Trialists who also played today were Bob Malcolm, Colin Samuel and Ian Williamson. Williamson who is ex Dunfermline and played with Raith for the last couple of seasons was quite impressive playing wide right then centre mid. If I was Gordon Durie I'd get him signed as soon as possible. Colin Samuel showed some good touches and lots of strength and would be a decent striking option. Bob Malcolm seemed to be a good organiser at the back but I'm not sure he would be fit enough yet to play straight away. The other striker who played looked ok and one or two of the youngsters showed up well.
The teams were a mixture of first team players and youths. Stoney scored with a great strike into the top corner from the edge of the box with his right foot - yes, his RIGHT foot ! Gareth Wardlaw put the reds 2 up with a good strike from the edge of the box. Scott McBride rounded the GK to make it 2-1 before Colin Samuel slotted the ball home when the ball was cut across the box from the left to make it 2-2 at halftime. Not long after the restart the McBride expertly fired a penalty high into the net to make it 3-2. Shortly before the end Div Muir played the ball over the top of the defence for the unknown striker to slot the ball under the keeper to make the final score 4-2. Interesting that Gordon Durie replaced Samuel for the last 15 minutes and showed he still has a lot of good touches.

The young striker who scored the fourth goal I believe was Sean Jamieson who played at Haddington last season scoring over 30 goals.

Further to Bayviewboy's informative post - Robert Sloan and Michael Brown were at Bayview today but not stripped. Apparently, Darren Smith and Darren McCormack couldn't get through because of the weather.

What about Andrew Cook ? Think he maybe travels with the other two. David White was the other one who was missing.

I was there. No one bought me a drink.

I no it's only one game i'v seen the u19 players but after watching the game today we might for the fist time actually have a good few decent youth player coming through the system, thought the 2 centre halfs and 2 centre midfielders for the reds looked the best of the youths on the day. Keep up the good work East Fife.

P.S Gordon Durie looked no to bad either..

the youths in the black and gold , played realy well mixing with the senior players, if this is the start of full time keep it going all the youths were great yesterday , well done brian and colin.

Good to see we started the pre-season with a win

Jonathan

I'll rectify that on Wednesday night.

Eugene Clarke
Jonathan

I'll rectify that on Wednesday night.

Jonathan, I'd print Eugene's reply out if I was you. His memory can be selective!!