Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
next season

Apologies if this question has already been asked before....depending on the result of the SFL meeting on Friday re the newco, will the challenge cup 1st round have to be re'drawn? (if they r put into 3rd div)

Also on a seperate manner, any other word on more signings? Would love to see a couple new faces on Wed night, youths included on that as I notice a couple of them look decent and the more game time they get will be great for them and the club....especially like to see Colin Samual if he's not been snapped up since last week.

Re: next season

We really need some quality/cover at left back and central defence. Less worried further forward with the signings of McBride, Wardlaw and McManus but I'm sure (hope!)Gordon will bring in a few more soon.

i think craig wedderburn would either be a good or would have...another one im not sure has been snapped up or not, good centre half, strong player, commanding with his height, young aswell so could be at the club for a couple of years

I think we have a great squad in working progress so far. Durie has managed to bring in McBride, Wardlaw and McManus with the budget he has, three very good signings at this level and many more on trial and youth players coming through we just have to wait and see till that trip to Peterhead in a real competition. I would love to see Samuel stay with us because I think he's a quality foward and would fit the bill as we only have two recongise strikers if you look at our current squad and maybe a left sided player, Centre back and another forward too. But I think we are going in the right direction so far and the squad is promising, I can't wait till the season starts only a few weeks away

i hate to piss in ur puddle BUT last season i thought McQuade would've been a great season.
Hopefully the new signings will prove their worth and we'll finish higher up the league than last season