Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
St Johnstone friendly

With the forecast being for heavier rain than we have had , any chance of being told if the game is in doubt?

Hope its not off as looking forward to a decent game but sure the club don't want the pitch hacked up early?

Re: St Johnstone friendly

I knew this summer football idea would never work.

With the weather we are having we are always susceptible to the sudden downpour but I fully expect tonight's game to go ahead as planned at 7 30pm.

I Can't make the game sadly but will be there on saturday. Does anyone know what the line-up is for tonight's game??

Hope Samuel gets a game against his former side after scoring on saturday, see what he can offer

And the downpour has arrived.
Is the game still ok?

will Gregory Tade be playing tonight

Quick Question...

How many colored players have we had in our history? I can only think of the one..

We've had loads of pinkish-coloured ones.

Stephen
Quick Question...

How many colored players have we had in our history? I can only think of the one..

Michael Brown, David White, er, Angus Plumb?

Bob Malcolm's orange.

KotS
Stephen
Quick Question...

Michael Brown, David White, er, Angus Plumb?

does shagger count.

Latest score I have is 3-0 to Saints...any updates or news of team?

Full time now, 4-0 to St.Johnstone. Taken from Scott Ingles Twitter updates of the match.

@ScottInglisEFM: East Fife side - Brown, Durie, Johnstone, Campbell, McCormack, Smith, Williamson, King, Wardlaw, Samuel, McBride.

@ScottInglisEFM: East Fife subs - White, Malcolm, Sloan, Muir, Munro, Jamieson, Collier, Brewster.

@ScottInglisEFM: St J side - Mannus, Miller, Davidson, Trilaist, Wright, Adams, Craig, Davidson, Tade, Higgins, Hassellbank.

@ScottInglisEFM: St J subs - Trialist, May, Tuffey, Scobbie, Trialist.

Sounds like Andy King was having a good game for us going by Scott's account of the game, wasn't there myself.

Finished 4-0

Shagger apparently has a knee injury?

Anyone know anything about the guy King that played tonight ? How did Williamson play ? Thought he looked good on Saturday.

He's on trial from Bonnyrigg rose.

Bonnyrigg Rose website says all their players have re-signed this season with the exception of Alex King who is on trial at East Fife. So looks like he's Alex and not Andy as I doubt his own club would get it wrong.

King looked good as for Williamson i'd love to see him sign for us,looked a really good player.Mcbride done well too.
Needing a full back as showed tonight with Cook not available and we MUST have competition for the No.1 jersey.
Thought Samuel was ok and also young boy No.19 Alex Munro played well.
Stevie Campbell's tackling was superb.

St.Johnstone's Hasslebaink was best player by a mile

Haven`t seen Alex Munro play so I`ll hopefully have a butchers at him on Saturday.

You kidney let it go, eh.

Ewan
Bonnyrigg Rose website says all their players have re-signed this season with the exception of Alex King who is on trial at East Fife. So looks like he's Alex and not Andy as I doubt his own club would get it wrong.

Could tell st johnstone had been back training for a while. Very slick and hasselbaink excellent.

Impressed by King. Can't remember if he played in the couple of bonnyrigg games I had last season. Ut thought he did well. Williamson good too.

Early days!

Malcolm does not look fit enough to be playing.

Bob Malcolm was terrible, but tbh a couple of the lads werent great but you have to take into account the opposition....St Johnston are preparing for Europe and can tell theyv been training for a while (hopefully they get through, cant see it though)

Heard a wee rumour when i overheard a guys convo couple rows behind me that the Preston game is off and we are now playing Hibs, anyone thow if thats the case?

Decent performance against a full time squad but we look as if we still have the same problems as last season, the inability to clear our lines.
The four goals we lost were horrenedous to say the least McCormack, Campbell & Malcolm culpable for the first three! mc Comack & Campbell so easily brushed aside & Malcolm with a suicidal pass back to Broony.
Ok we won't come up against opposition like that every week but still pretty scary.
King loked a decent prspect, small but a hard worker a bit like Falkingham at Arbroath last season.

Heard a wee rumour when i overheard a guys convo couple rows behind me that the Preston game is off and we are now playing Hibs, anyone thow if thats the case?[/quote

It wasn't just a rumour - it was announced at the game but maybe you missed it.

You're quite correct, the game on Saturday is now against Hibs. Still at Bayview and still a 14.00 kick-off (note!).

We also announced the change on the website, our facebook page and on aftn as soon as it was confirmed last night.

Hope this helps.

I thought the wee guy King was absolutely outstanding last night.
The scoreline didn't really flatter Saints but you have to remember they're playing in Europe next week while this was our first pre-season game.
Overall, it was a really enjoyable friendly.
I think Malcolm could be good for us with a few games under his belt.

Too busy looking at Bob Malcolm who's best days are behind him when we should have been looking at Michael Travis and Michael Dunlop.

Travis has been getting great reviews in pre season at Arbroath and was due to play a trial game with us but they snapped him up before he got the chance. Dunlop was freed by Aberdeen and is training with Forfar but lives locally.

I do understand we need more experience at the back but from what I've heard Malcolm has no legs and can only organise a defence rather than play well in one, we have White for that.

Any news on Wedderburn?

Is Chris Innes still avaliable?, he played for us as a trialist last season then arbroath signed him.

I saw Alex King at Spartans for 3 seasons before he went to Bonnyrigg. Pure class act, gives 100%, it's no coincidence the 1st season without him we didn't win our league, we'd won the 3 seasons previous.

He's a great lad too, his dad's a nutcase like. :)

All the best Kingy.

Grim

Unless we sign some decent ball winning full backs then we'll end up worse off than last season, in spite of any improvements in other positions.

Serious question, when was the last time we had a quality full back? We've had/got a few decent winger types who are good with the ball and play deep wearing numbers 2 & 3, but I do believe a defence should have defenders in it.

Fred
Unless we sign some decent ball winning full backs then we'll end up worse off than last season, in spite of any improvements in other positions.

Serious question, when was the last time we had a quality full back? We've had/got a few decent winger types who are good with the ball and play deep wearing numbers 2 & 3, but I do believe a defence should have defenders in it.

Tom Conner?

I think some people are overreacting a bit to much! We got beat 4-0 by a better than average SPL side who have been back training for a number of weeks now due to playing in EUROPEAN competition!

Okay some of the goals were a bit sloppy but would you not rather these mistakes were made now rather than Alloa 1st game of the season? I thought there was a lot of positives from the game, despite the result! Williamson and King both standing out and would be welcome additions to the squad. Didn't get to see much of Colin Samuel but again, based on his performances last season he could certainly do a job once fully match fit! Bob Malcolm didn't look particularly comfortable at centre half and would maybe be best suited in midfield where his previous experience of playing in bigger games would show. AS for the full backs, I can't think of anyone in the league better than Durie and will obviously improve as pre-season progresses, the left full back fair enough we may need to strengthen but only until Cook is given a full preseason.

Remember it's all about fitness at this stage.

Bring on Hibs

Eugene Clarke

Heard a wee rumour when i overheard a guys convo couple rows behind me that the Preston game is off and we are now playing Hibs, anyone thow if thats the case?[/quote

It wasn't just a rumour - it was announced at the game but maybe you missed it.

You're quite correct, the game on Saturday is now against Hibs. Still at Bayview and still a 14.00 kick-off (note!).

We also announced the change on the website, our facebook page and on aftn as soon as it was confirmed last night.

Hope this helps.

The fans have absolutely no idea about using social media to find out the news about East Fife.

Andrew Miller
I think some people are overreacting a bit to much! We got beat 4-0 by a better than average SPL side who have been back training for a number of weeks now due to playing in EUROPEAN competition!

Okay some of the goals were a bit sloppy but would you not rather these mistakes were made now rather than Alloa 1st game of the season? I thought there was a lot of positives from the game, despite the result! Williamson and King both standing out and would be welcome additions to the squad. Didn't get to see much of Colin Samuel but again, based on his performances last season he could certainly do a job once fully match fit! Bob Malcolm didn't look particularly comfortable at centre half and would maybe be best suited in midfield where his previous experience of playing in bigger games would show. AS for the full backs, I can't think of anyone in the league better than Durie and will obviously improve as pre-season progresses, the left full back fair enough we may need to strengthen but only until Cook is given a full preseason.

Remember it's all about fitness at this stage.

Bring on Hibs

i agree about the goals and what the game meant in terms of fitness but i think whats more annoying(to most on here) is that these were the type of goals that cost us a lot of points last season.
Most opposition teams will know that when they get a corner then just land it in the 6 yard box as its a disaster waiting to happen, near post man usually misses it, tallest defender is usually out-jumped and the keeper wont come and claim it.
Would love to see our 'goals against' greatly reduced from previous seasons.

if we sign Williamson and King ,add a forward then (prediction time!!!) easily top 4 this season

At the st johnstone game you could hear there players shouting. at each other.Does east fife have a focal leader on the park ?.We still need a commanding figure at the back.