Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Forum colour scheme

As you will see, I've changed the colour scheme of parts of the forum.

The white on grey was messing my eyes up!

Are people happy with this or any other little tweaks you would like re colours?

Re: Forum colour scheme

I much preferred the dark background. Easier on the eye and better for the gold visited font. You're the boss though...

Prefer the darker background. easier on the old eyes.

The white is a bit bright.

I'll play with darkening it a little

Have to say, I like the white as its better on the Blackberry.Don't have to zoom in as much to read the posts.But, you are the boss. Can you not ge the SFA and SFL to debate the resolution? O no, the SPL would just come in and say "Black, now get over it"

Ha!

Yeah we should have them debate it for two months and then get no further forward.

I've darkened it a little.

I had a few people tell me it was hard to read on their phones, so I took a leaf out of P&B's book.

Others chip in here. I'm open to make it the colour most want.

Ha!

Yeah we should have them debate it for two months and then get no further forward.

I've darkened it a little.

I had a few people tell me it was hard to read on their phones, so I took a leaf out of P&B's book.

Others chip in here. I'm open to make it the colour most want.

Er, who are you guys to come on here and start criticising GoF on the forums colour scheme? I think he knows more about this than any of you unqualified lot. Now let him get on with the job and trust him to do what is best for the good of AFTN.

Jeez some people.

I will do the best for the Servco forum and for the good of Scottish forums in their entirety

GoF
I will do the best for the Servco forum and for the good of Scottish forums in their entirety

Are you a pal of Stewart Reagan?

That's very hurtful

That's very hurtful

NO TO THE NEW CO(lour)

If you changed the Black to Blue and the Gold to White, it would look brilliant.

Its hurting my head.
Preferred it as it was.

Big improvement. Much more professional looking.

This is all a bit radical - it's a bit like black writing on white paper but if that's the way forward....

What GoF has to say is clearly so important that he has to post it twice! Is that a new feature? Can the mods get their posts on twice so we all sing from the same hymn sheet?

Mind you, all this tweaking of AFTN means that GoF hasn't had much sleep lately. Working hard for us readers. I go with whatever colour you want Chico! Bless!

I love this new lay-out looks ace tbh. Something new me thinks and way forward and upwards for the forthcoming season Looks more of a east fife forum with the colours now than it was, very dull and boring.

Keep up the good work

s'tI gnikam lla ym sdrow emoc pu sdrawckab!

You know whats ridiculous, It's only been a day yet i can't even remember what it used to look like!

Looks good tho.

I'm there with you!

A sensible person would have written the exiting settings down before changing them!

Cambuslang Fifer
I love this new lay-out looks ace tbh. Something new me thinks and way forward and upwards for the forthcoming season Looks more of a east fife forum with the colours now than it was, very dull and boring.

Keep up the good work

That was one of the reason I fancied changing it.

It looked depressing clicking in to the dark colours.

Matched the tone of some threads mind you

Mad Man
Er, who are you guys to come on here and start criticising GoF on the forums colour scheme? I think he knows more about this than any of you unqualified lot. Now let him get on with the job and trust him to do what is best for the good of AFTN.

Jeez some people.

Who`s ctiticising nugget? People are merely passing comment which is what GOF asked for.

Jeez, some people.

ps
preferred it as it was. Far too bright

I like it.

Like this

Links display as the same colour as normal text harder to see or make out!!!

yeah, I'm trying to think of the best colour to make these that doesn't completely fuck up the whole colour schme.

Reading this out in the sun in Riviera Maya on an iPad and very easy on the eyes.

can the 'return to website' and 'start new post' be changed to lighter colour as well.