Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Social Unrest Updates...

We consider aftn to be more than just a football website and we therefore try to serve society when we can. For this reason, we think it's appropriate that, in the troubled days and weeks ahead, we use the forum to keep everyone abreast of the inevitable 'social unrest' as it unfolds.

Please post your updates in this thread as things happen and we'll try to get through this together.

So far tonight, I can report that our neighbour's dog barked at a cat that walked up the street past their window. You worry about where it'll all end...

Re: Social Unrest Updates...

Major social unrest in Edinburgh, a wee ned dropped a chip at the chippy round the corner.

Our next door neighbour - who by the way is a Minister - nearly said "dash" when he heard the news about D3.

Thanks for the updates, guys. It's really just a case of hoping that some sort of lid's kept on it all. Only time will tell.

I just saw a dead skunk on the road, so it's spreading over here.

Maybe some Servco fan thought it was a Dunfermline supporter.

One of your supporters keeps on playing bloody ELO and Dexys Midnight Runners 24/7!!!

The unrest has quickly spread to the US as Mickey heard that the Power Rangers were not going to appear in 3D and staged a sit down protest on Main Street USA. He calmed down when he heard it was the Rangers appearing in D3 !!!

Apparently a cat has gone missing under suspicious circumstances in Kirkcaldy.

200,000 Rangers fans have rioted in Coatbridge.A local was heard to say he had never seen the place looking so good in the aftermath

Rangers supporters are in up in arms, as Sky Sports would like to apologise to all subscribers for wrongly advertising they could watch Rangers in 3D...........they actually meant D3!!

Woke up this morning....and it's carnage down my way. The sun is shining, the wind is gently ruffling the leaves on the trees, an old chap has just walked along the street with his dog both seemingly comfortable with their lot, a couple of folks are chatting away over their front garden fence further down and the light morning traffic seems to be flowing without any problems..

We're doomed!

Trying to get ASBO's issued as i cant sleep for the sound of crying chairmen at SPL 'Elite' clubs.

New SPL sponsor revealed TAMPAX it'll help the clubs get through their bad weeks

Our local Stuart's haven't had their roll delivery this morning. Now, we know their vans are green and there's a fear that the hordes have attacked. The driver's family have been informed and are nervously awaiting developments.

Edited to update:- It transpires that, when the driver got to Leven, it looked quite pleasant over the water so he took his break a wee bit earlier than usual, parked up at the Prom and had a cup of tea from his flask and a breakfast roll with cheddar. Deliveries have now resumed.

The Newco fan at the all inclusive hotel in spain never showed for breakfast

A rabbit tried to commit suicide by running in front of my bike on my daily commute from work, unsure if this was connected to the newco decision, it failed.

Was in Sainsbury's earlier. Overheard a woman say "Oh for goodness sake!" when the self scan checkout advised her to remove her item from the bagging area. This is just the beginning....

Rather large crowd of people gathered at the away end of Bayview yesterday.All is well tho as the home end was empty as it seems Fifers had better things to do.

Aye, we all had much better things to do than turn up to watch a team whose last match was the most embarrassing major final in history.

We're saving ourselves for the serious business.

In the meantime I saw a taxi indicating correctly before turning at a junction today. This is not the natural order of things. It's getting serious out there.

Hi Hi
Rather large crowd of people gathered at the away end of Bayview yesterday.All is well tho as the home end was empty as it seems Fifers had better things to do.

We're all hiding out in Mary_Bales bunker.

Mad Man

In the meantime I saw a taxi indicating correctly before turning at a junction today. This is not the natural order of things. It's getting serious out there.

First this, next bus drivers will start waiting until the road is clear before pulling out, rather than pulling out in front of you. I can see it coming....

They've taken down the vidi-printer! This is where it starts getting serious. Football in disarray.

Diverted traffic in Wheathamstead; presume riots in rural Herts. by Servco Fans and police closed the road.

bus waited for me to pass before pillung out today in london. what is going on

Mathew Park and David Templeton are still at Hearts on FIFA 13! If the governing body cant cope, how are football supporters supposed to???