Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pars VS East Fife - East End Park, Wednesday 18th July!

Could I firstly welcome every East Fife fan to East End Park on Wednesday evening who intends to go. I hope you enjoy the game and we can have a laugh on here afterwards. I have massive respect for your club and its stance towards NewCo...I hope your feelings towards my club, and every other SFL club who voted no too. Secondly, how many Fife fans should we expect on Wednesday night? 200-300? I hope you guys can bring a big crowd down, lets show the "powers that be" that we don't need Rangers or the SPL...!!

whatever the outcome of the match on Wednesday night, I hope to see you there and cheering on our "diddy" clubs proudly! Enjoy the game; hope to see you in the 1st Division soon.

Re: Pars VS East Fife - East End Park, Wednesday 18th July!

Thanks for that!
Dunfermline always was my second favourite Fife side

Home game for me

You'll be lucky if we have 100 there for a friendly!
Pity as this game probably forms part of the compensation we will be getting for Ryan Wallace hence the reason the game was switched to EEP.

Aye only 17 on the bus not much more for the peterhead game

Any update if the games still on?

Scott Inglis ‏@ScottInglisEFM
Tonight's game at East End Park has been called off and will now be played tomorrow.

The Club has agreed to the postponement of tonight's game till tomorrow night because of the atrocious weather - same kick off time.

zak , how much does the bus cost for peterheed ?

£15 & £10

lewiseffc
zak , how much does the bus cost for peterheed ?

I have 3 people that's including myself wanting to travel to peterhead but we foned up a few days ago saying the bus was already full so hopefully we have enough bodys for a second bus to see us get through this cup game even though people will be watching brechin vs rangers score that same day.

Take it that there wont be a bus to the game tonight?

?
Take it that there wont be a bus to the game tonight?

yes there is a bus away to the game tonight,but I think there is only 16 people on it.

I have 3 people that's including myself wanting to travel to peterhead but we foned up a few days ago saying the bus was already full so hopefully we have enough bodys for a second bus to see us get through this cup game even though people will be watching brechin vs rangers score that same day.[/quote]

Only one lady phoned me to ask if there was seats on the bus,I said I would let her know on saturday if I was taking a bigger bus as most of our games this season will be a smaller bus than normal,she did not say how many people wanted a seat she only asked me the costs of the bus and I said £15 and £10.But I can tell you now that there will NOT be a second bus run by the travel club to Peterhead.

Congratulations on your victory tonight. You have a decent squad going there and maybe another few more signings (Samuel and Malcolm) would help you on the experienced side and hopefully get up to the First Division. Without wanting to sound bitter, which I aint, we had a lot of new signings and trialists playing tonight; and a few out of position. Secondly, it was our first game compared to your third. I thought Wallace looked good and could become a brilliant signing for us over time. Good luck in the season ahead, I wish you all the best! See you in the First Divison soon.....

thought we could've won by more.Pars did looked rusty and sluggish but you better hope there's a massive improvement,your centre halves looked terrible against a young boy (2nd half sub Jamieson who scored a cracker 3rd goal),trialists Pars keepers were woeful.
Lack of left back for East Fife gave pars a chance which the goal came from(Durie o.g).Samuels goal should've been saved,Durie's other goal was a fantastic controlled strike from 25 yards and Jamiesons goal was superb,curler into top corner from 22 yards.

Wallace WILL be a star for you.

Cheers

A few typos, but a nice quick match report up on Pars web site.
Quite well balanced for a home report, but in my unbiased :-) view I would say the score was about right but it could've been an even better margin.

DUNFERMLINE 1 EAST FIFE 3

Dunfermline got their pre season match programme off to a start in the rain delayed home friendly against East Fife.

First shot on target in seventh minute was saved by the visitor's keeper Michael Brown. It came from a good positive move with Paul Willis carrying the ball in from the right to find trialist Stephen O'Halloran midway inside the East Ffe half.  He travelled unopposed to the edge of the ball where he played the ball off Willis into the path of Ryan Wallace who produced a good attempt from just inside the box.

East Fife were given an opportunity from a free kick after 15 minutes and former Dunfermline player Scott McBride sent it over off the top of the bar. Four minutes later however after Graeme Smith parried a McBride shot out to the right, Davie Muir sent a useful ball over for Collin SAMUEL to head past Smith who will be angry at conceding what was a soft goal.

The Pars got back an equaliser in 25 minutes when Willis' cross from the right byeline was cooly slotted past his own keeper by Scott DURIE. 1-1. The defender made up for his mistake by scoring at the other end 16 minutes later. He was allowed to drive a low angled shot from 25 yards out that crept in at the base of the far post.

Half Time: Dunfermline 1 East Fife 2

The Pars made six changes for the restart. Trialist replaced trialist in goals with the no.20 shirt being worn by a very tall Slovakian keeper. Trialist, Ian Murray, took the place of John Potter and new signing Alex Whittle that of Josh Falkingham. Liam Buchanan came on for Ryan Wallace, Paul Burns came on for Chris Kane and Jordan McMillan took over from Andy Geggan at right back.

A Muir header was held by the Pars keeper in 51 minutes but the game lacked goalmouth incidents.  Whittle got a cross in from the left but the East Fife keeper cut out any potential danger.

In 66 minutes a good break down the right by Willis created the chance of a cross that Kirk met but sent over the bar from the edge of the six yard box. That was Andy's last involvement as he was then subbed by trialist Kevin Kyle.

The sub almost made an immediate impact send a ball across the box from the right that Buchanan slid in for at far post but narrowly failed to connect. Dunfermline were getting into more forward positions but did not make it count.

It was East Fife who were to score Sean JAMIESON worked his way into a position where he could chip the keeper from 20 yards out.. 1-3.  The goal coincided with an enforced 9.00pm curfew on the Psrs drummer who up until that stage had tried hard to create an atmosphere in the ground.

Alex Whittle missed a great chance straight in front of goal and then in 86 minutes Buchanan sent a free kick over the bar from 20 yards.  In added time Whittle had a shot deflected over the bar and the corner kick was the last action of the night.

DUNFERMLINE: Trialist (Trialist HT); Andy Geggan (Jordan McMillan HT), Trialist, John Potter (c)(Trialist HT), Trialist; Paul Willis (Shaun Byrne 81), Chris Kane (Paul Burns HT), Ryan Thomson, Josh Falkingham (Alex Whittle HT), Andy Kirk (Trialist,69), Ryan Wallace (Liam Buchanan HT).
SUBS NOT USED: Grant Munro, Kerr Young.
SCORER: Durie (og 25)

EAST FIFE: Michael Brown; Scott Durie, Darren Smith (Ross Brown 63), Steven Campbell, Darren McCormack, Alex King, Scott McBride (Ross Brewster 74), David Muir, Gareth Wardlaw (Ross Malcolm 53), Collin Samuel, Craig Johnstone.
SUBS: Ryan McAllister, James Martin, Sean Jamieson, Andrew Collier, Aiden Gordon
SCORER: Samuel (19), Durie (41), Jamieson (81).

REFEREE: Stephen Finnie
WEATHER: Dry 15C

concerns here about a lack of left back.
tonight started with Darren Smith,2nd half stoney then he moved further up and McCormack moved there with Malcolm going centre half.
Set Pieces are looking promising with the Fife getting on the end of a good few corners tonight,Broony had a good game (forgive him for presenting pars midfielder with an opportunity to score into an empty net from 35 yards which the player scuffed )
Anybody know the odds on East Fife winning the league?must be at least 7/1

Great result/confidence boost for us tonight, still got a pounding headache from that drum though.

Any news on why Williamson didn't feature?

He signed for Dundee at the beginning of the week.

Don't think he has. Guessing you took that from Scott Inglis on Twitter? He stated Iain Williamson had signed for them but later corrected it as Iain Davidson.

Benitez
Don't think he has. Guessing you took that from Scott Inglis on Twitter? He stated Iain Williamson had signed for them but later corrected it as Iain Davidson.

Aye, never listen to that guy