Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
sporting integrity and double standards!

Although a Rangers fan for over 50 years l have been a regular at bayview (new and old) for many of those years too, going through the good and bad times like most people who contribute in this forum.

What l do not understand is the hatred spewed by some who write in this forum. While l do believe in free speech and everyones right to say "it as they see it. Some people obviously hold an allegiance to the other half of the old firm, l have no problem with this, but they at least be truthful about it.
Here is my thoughts for what they're worth on the debacle.

First thing l thought was the obvious lose of revenue that currently comes into the game through tv, sponsorship ect.
Secondly the revenue that all clubs enjoy when Rangers come to town.
lt wasn't so long ago that East Fife gave up their home tie against Rangers so they could take the tie to the home of Dunfermline just to cash in and make a fast buck. where was the Sporting lntegrity?

I read one letter on the forum from "a Rangers fan" who wrote about hoping that the Rangers fans would make new friends on their travels.
He was attacked by some who said, "they don't want Rangers and their sectarian fans nor their sectarian songs"
Having pointed out, God save the Queen, rule Britania and a few others were not sectarian, he was still not believed (maybe celtic leaning fans), which of course is their right, but are also some East Fife songs which are as offensive to other teams and their supporters. is there not?
Ask any Rangers and Celtic fan "what makes old firm game special"? or East Fife and Raith Rovers fans.
They will tell you it's traditions and banter, but banter is now seen as so NOT! PC

PC is killing not just football but l believe society as a whole.
Where would football be without the banter? but Banter to you may not be banter to me, "banter" always offends someone.

Rangers supporters had no part in "their" clubs downfall. Murray and Whyte are to blame for the shambles that is now Rangers, but l hope the police ivestigate both as vigorously as possible and they get what they both deserve.
So please stop blaming the Rangers fans, they didn't choose either of them, just like East Fife fans didn't choose Danskin or Brown! Welcome the Rangers supporters and the "few bob" extra they'll put in East Fife coffers.
Lets also hope Scottish football as a whole gets itself out of this mess.

Rangers don't play East Fife in the league for two more seasons then meet in Division One.
Who will l be supporting? well lets just say l hope East Fife are the only team to beat Rangers on their return to the top league. However l doubt this will happen because the spl teams who voted against Rangers, will soon contrive to have Rangers back in the top league cause money talks more than integrity

In the words of Jim Royale Sporting Integrity "My Arse"

Re: sporting integrity and double standards!

I hate both Rangers and Celtic. I'm a Fifer with no interest in the Pope or the Queen (or football teams from the West Coast).

Rangers are dead (hurrah) and it would be great if Celtic die or leave Scotland in the coming seasons now.

Newco or 'The Rangers' or whatever, are a new football Club and rightfully have to start at the bottom. It's not even punishment, it's just common sense. The self-inflicted punishment was your former team dying.

No one else killed your Club - it was the people running your Club who killed it. Take it out on them for there having to be a new team starting in the 3rd.

You are the one who needs to get over it.

you really are bitter to the core huh?
Rangers will always be Rangers no matter what!
even you are not that thick to understand that! but as St Pauli are affiliated to celtic, l can see why you would want the most successful ever Scottish team to lose their history.

Nah, you're clearly bitter as a) you're still posting Newco stuff on here when the vote's been counted and everyone's moving on b) Glasgow Rangers are dead, just like Airdrieonians c) I lived in St Pauli when I adopted this username - nothing to do with Celtic d) Celtic going out of business one day would be fantastic e) your username shows you're bitter

get over it

What did you write this post on then? A Sega Megadrive?

get over it
Although a Rangers fan for over 50 years l have been a regular at bayview (new and old) for many of those years too, going through the good and bad times like most people who contribute in this forum.

What l do not understand is the hatred spewed by some who write in this forum. While l do believe in free speech and everyones right to say "it as they see it. Some people obviously hold an allegiance to the other half of the old firm, l have no problem with this, but they at least be truthful about it.

First thing l thought was the obvious lose of revenue that currently comes into the game through tv, sponsorship ect.
lt wasn't so long ago that East Fife gave up their home tie against Rangers so they could take the tie to the home of Dunfermline just to cash in and make a fast buck. where was the Sporting lntegrity?

I read one letter on the forum from "a Rangers fan" who wrote about hoping that the Rangers fans would make new friends on their travels.
He was attacked by some who said, "they don't want Rangers and their sectarian fans nor their sectarian songs"
Having pointed out, God save the Queen, rule Britania and a few others were not sectarian, he was still not believed (maybe celtic leaning fans), which of course is their right, but are also some East Fife songs which are as offensive to other teams and their supporters. is there not?
Ask any Rangers and Celtic fan "what makes old firm game special"? or East Fife and Raith Rovers fans.
They will tell you it's traditions and banter, but banter is now seen as so NOT! PC

Where would football be without the banter? but Banter to you may not be banter to me, "banter" always offends someone.

Rangers supporters had no part in "their" clubs downfall. Murray and Whyte are to blame for the shambles that is now Rangers, but l hope the police ivestigate both as vigorously as possible and they get what they both deserve.
So please stop blaming the Rangers fans, they didn't choose either of them, just like East Fife fans didn't choose Danskin or Brown! Welcome the Rangers supporters and the "few bob" extra they'll put in East Fife coffers.

Rangers don't play East Fife in the league for two more seasons then meet in Division One.
Who will l be supporting? well lets just say l hope East Fife are the only team to beat Rangers on their return to the top league. However l doubt this will happen because the spl teams who voted against Rangers, will soon contrive to have Rangers back in the top league cause money talks more than integrity

Firstly I find the concept of supporting two clubs weird. I support East Fife and that is it. Like SPF I hold no candles for either of the OF and in fact nothing would make me happier than to see Celtic going the same way of Rangers. My other question would be why do you support Rangers instead of East Fife? You are obviously local, if people like you supported their local clubs then then football wouldn't be in the mess it currently is.

Secondly its not just the revenue that Rangers bring when they roll into town. It's also the large minority of moronic fans too spewing their bigotry and hooliganism as well as increased costs for policing and stewarding. When we played Rangers regularly in the early 70's my mum wouldnt let me go to these games for the fear of coming home with a smashed up face or worse. I believe not much has changed in this respect. The amount of fans Rangers take to away games is vastly overstated in any cases. Attendances when Rangers go to the likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone are actually pretty rubbish (6, 7 thousand?). Yes it will be few few extra bob but that's about it.

Banter - does that include banter of the John Terry variety too? PC gone mad eh? Well bring it on if it gets rid of these sorts of attitudes in our society. Rule Britannia, God Save the Queen. Can you tell me what these have to do with 22 guys kicking a ball around a football pitch? They may be part of your tradition but they are sung for political and sectarian purpose. The Cowden Family does not fall into those categories and is more properly what you call banter. And it's way wittier than anything I've ever heard coming from the blue hordes.

Rangers fans may not have played any role in the corrupt practices of its owners but they were very happy to take all the trophies that accrued . Will your new found integrity extend to giving them all back? And the fact that many of them are still playing the victims in all of this suggests that they haven't come to terms with the scale of what has happened and the sanctions meted out. You haven't been persecuted. In football terms the punishments are pretty lame I think. The newco is very lucky, I feel, to have been offered the chance to play Division 3. Grab the chance, cut out the victimhood crap and you may get more respect from fans of clubs like East Fife.

get over it (and others of the same ilk) It's difficult to put any kind of response together when you refuse to accept reality.
TCFKAR are gone, vanished,terminated. It was liquidated.
A Newco has been accepted into the SFL 3rd division under circumstances which anyone who claims to be a supporter should be very grateful for.
Whatever the Newco call themselves they have no history,no trophies and the highly paid badge kissers have done "walking away".

People were murdered when Rangers played Celtic but that probably comes under the banner of banter.
I suspect quite a few towns in Scotland will have to clean up the mess after Newco have visited and spread their "banter" around.
It is just beyond my understanding how anyone cannot see that both OF clubs have encouraged and thrived on religious hatred for all of their existence.

Mad Man
get over it

Firstly I find the concept of supporting two clubs weird. I support East Fife and that is it. Like SPF I hold no candles for either of the OF and in fact nothing would make me happier than to see Celtic going the same way of Rangers. My other question would be why do you support Rangers instead of East Fife? You are obviously local, if people like you supported their local clubs then then football wouldn't be in the mess it currently is.

Secondly its not just the revenue that Rangers bring when they roll into town. It's also the large minority of moronic fans too spewing their bigotry and hooliganism as well as increased costs for policing and stewarding. When we played Rangers regularly in the early 70's my mum wouldnt let me go to these games for the fear of coming home with a smashed up face or worse. I believe not much has changed in this respect. The amount of fans Rangers take to away games is vastly overstated in any cases. Attendances when Rangers go to the likes of Motherwell, Kilmarnock and St Johnstone are actually pretty rubbish (6, 7 thousand?). Yes it will be few few extra bob but that's about it.

Banter - does that include banter of the John Terry variety too? PC gone mad eh? Well bring it on if it gets rid of these sorts of attitudes in our society. Rule Britannia, God Save the Queen. Can you tell me what these have to do with 22 guys kicking a ball around a football pitch? They may be part of your tradition but they are sung for political and sectarian purpose. The Cowden Family does not fall into those categories and is more properly what you call banter. And it's way wittier than anything I've ever heard coming from the blue hordes.

Rangers fans may not have played any role in the corrupt practices of its owners but they were very happy to take all the trophies that accrued . Will your new found integrity extend to giving them all back? And the fact that many of them are still playing the victims in all of this suggests that they haven't come to terms with the scale of what has happened and the sanctions meted out. You haven't been persecuted. In football terms the punishments are pretty lame I think. The newco is very lucky, I feel, to have been offered the chance to play Division 3. Grab the chance, cut out the victimhood crap and you may get more respect from fans of clubs like East Fife.

It is not weird to support two clubs. I support The Fife and only The Fife. However,my Gran was Irish and my Di was from the west and they moved to Methil for the coal mining boom. They were Celtic fans and used to go to Glasgow to watch Celtic. Mother supported East Fife, but the Celtic influence was there in the family home. Father was from Kelly and the Hunter family were Cowden fans. Again with moving to Methil my father watched East Fife and both my parents travelled all over supporting East Fife. Father still liked Cowden, his brothers were still living in Kelty and watched Cowden.

To put it more simply.
Mother supported East Fife but also loved the Celtic.
Father supported East Fife but also Cowdenbeath
My Brother was a big East fan, moved to Aberdeen 30 years ago and is now a season ticket holder at Pittodrie. I was sitting next to him when we beat them in the cup on penalties last season.

If I ever moved location permanently, say, to London. I would support the local team but still love the Fife.

What about our good friend GOF? Will you critisize him for supporting the whitecaps??

I hear what you're saying about family background influencing the teams you support Fifeyboab. I follow another team for similar reasons, but they play in England not Scotland so are not competitors in any way and in any case they will never be my team in the same way that East Fife is (i bet GoF says the same about the Whitecaps). Each to their own of course but I have lived away from Fife for many years throughout my life (in fact a lot more outside the county) but I couldn't (and didn't) shift allegiance's just because I couldn't see East Fife very week. I watched other local teams wherever I was but I really didn't care that much about they got on.

In Scotland, its East Fife or nothing. If we went bust that would be it. I have no remote affections for any other club.

We're up to the knees in fienian blood , surrender or ye'll die . BANTER EH ?

In response to the original post, perhaps there has been an over-emotive response to the death of Rangers and the subsequent disgraceful efforts to install the Newco in their place but surely he or she must acknowledge the reasons for this.

The refusal of the club formerly known as Rangers to sign players of a certain religious persuasion for the best part of a century. Someone who has supported Rangers for over 50 years presumably embraced this policy.
The sectarian singing with particular reference to the aforementioned religious group.
The glorifying of terrorists.
The behaviour of their fans in particular at Barcelona and Manchester.
I could go on.

To wish for other teams to die makes u as bitter as the rest.
Yes,there are idiots who follow the old firm but there are also football fans who follow them and they dont all come along when the old firm are in town...loads stay in Levenmouth and have never been to Parkhead or Ibrox.
Scottish Football needs all its teams and fans.

Over 41'000 turned up at Ibrox when Rangers played East fife in 1997...much needed money to keep East Fife alive when we can hardly attract 600 for a league game,take an average of 600fans x 18 home games=10'800

It seems to me that this whole Rangers/Newco thing has taken over aftn. Getting a bit boring now.

get over it

Get your facts right pal. The venue was changed on the instructions of the police. East Fife provided free transport for fans to East End Park that night.

DPH
It seems to me that this whole Rangers/Newco thing has taken over aftn. Getting a bit boring now.[/quote

Don't think so mate , just fans opinions on Scottish football in general . Hardly taken over a forum ?

Seems that Rangers fans still dont get it.Rangers are dead,we were not voting to let Rangers into the first.We were voting to let a new team into the third.RANGERS ARE DEAD.....DEAL WITH IT......

Seems that Rangers fans still dont get it.Rangers are dead,we were not voting to let Rangers into the first.We were voting to let a new team into the third.RANGERS ARE DEAD.....DEAL WITH IT......

And are only 50/50 to make it to the end of next season........DEAL WITH IT.........

Having read some of the to my post l think l need to clear somethings up;

1. l am originally from Goven brought up in the shaddows of lbrox, then moved to Wemyss when my father who was an electrician took up a job offer at the Michael pit, hence the liking of Rangers.

2.Although a "Rangers man" as soon as my sons were old enough l took them to Bayview not lbrox. They still follow East Fife to this day, but have a leaning towards Rangers in old firm games ect.

3.John Terry was found not guilty.

4.Although my father followed Rangers he was never a bigot, my mother is catholic.

5.Those people who say they wish any football team to die, are not true football fans and are probably more bigoted than they care to admit.

6. Rangers only bring 5000-6000 fans with them. l don't think East Fife will have to worry about that many as Bayview only holds 2000.
oh and last time l seen it with as many people inside the ground, was when kennoway played their Scottish tie there.

7. Yes there are songs both sides of the old firm should be ashamed off, but in recent years great strides have been taken by Rangers to curb the sectarian element inside lbrox.
some of the best banter l have heard have come from celtic supporters giving me a dig when they win, l love it!

8. To those poor unfortunate souls who think its a club with no history. why do you refere to Rangers supporters (newco) in the same way as you think about Rangers supporters (oldco)? l'll tell you why, it's because they'll be called "Rangers", same as before, they'll play in same colours as before, play in same ground as before and be followed by the same supporters as before!
Although l can understand Celtic supporters reasons for wanting Rangers unrivaled history to be wiped from the history books, l cant for the life of me understand why other clubs would want this? unless of course they are closet celtic men.
the only thing that has changed is the trading name, but no doubt no matter how many times they are told they will only believe what they want.

9.Two men shafted Rangers, then 200,000 bigots not football fans couldn't wait to join in.

10.Rangers fans are proud to be Scottish but are also proud to be British, hence the singing of our national anthem and rule Britannia. They are singing about their love of all things British, which they have a right to do. lt also gives celtic supporters the right to boo, shout and swear during the minutes silence for those who faught for that right.

fought sorry lol

get over it
Having read some of the to my post l think l need to clear somethings up;

1. l am originally from Goven brought up in the shaddows of lbrox, then moved to Wemyss when my father who was an electrician took up a job offer at the Michael pit, hence the liking of Rangers.

2.Although a "Rangers man" as soon as my sons were old enough l took them to Bayview not lbrox. They still follow East Fife to this day, but have a leaning towards Rangers in old firm games ect.

3.John Terry was found not guilty.

4.Although my father followed Rangers he was never a bigot, my mother is catholic.

5.Those people who say they wish any football team to die, are not true football fans and are probably more bigoted than they care to admit.

6. Rangers only bring 5000-6000 fans with them. l don't think East Fife will have to worry about that many as Bayview only holds 2000.
oh and last time l seen it with as many people inside the ground, was when kennoway played their Scottish tie there.

7. Yes there are songs both sides of the old firm should be ashamed off, but in recent years great strides have been taken by Rangers to curb the sectarian element inside lbrox.
some of the best banter l have heard have come from celtic supporters giving me a dig when they win, l love it!

8. To those poor unfortunate souls who think its a club with no history. why do you refere to Rangers supporters (newco) in the same way as you think about Rangers supporters (oldco)? l'll tell you why, it's because they'll be called "Rangers", same as before, they'll play in same colours as before, play in same ground as before and be followed by the same supporters as before!
Although l can understand Celtic supporters reasons for wanting Rangers unrivaled history to be wiped from the history books, l cant for the life of me understand why other clubs would want this? unless of course they are closet celtic men.
the only thing that has changed is the trading name, but no doubt no matter how many times they are told they will only believe what they want.

9.Two men shafted Rangers, then 200,000 bigots not football fans couldn't wait to join in.

10.Rangers fans are proud to be Scottish but are also proud to be British, hence the singing of our national anthem and rule Britannia. They are singing about their love of all things British, which they have a right to do. lt also gives celtic supporters the right to boo, shout and swear during the minutes silence for those who faught for that right.

You are fishing here,right?

The only one mentioning history is you. The only poor, unfortunate souls (as you say) are the decent Rangers fans who've lost their club. That club is dead, achieved what it achieved, but it's dead now none-the-less. The fans will follow a new Rangers now - just like Airdrie.

I have no shame in wanting both old firm to go out of business. They are not normal football clubs with local fans. Both sets of fans glorify terrorists. The game is in the state it is because of fans deserting local sides for the glory and/or religious affinity of following either of them. When Raith were in dire straits, I was well happy they pulled through.....but the old firm, Scotland's shame, the 'people', the Celtic 'family' - no chance. No one likes you and you don't care, right?

Normal Norman; You are fishing here,right?

Not fishing, l'm just saying it as l see it.
Even SFA see Rangers newco as same team! as they want them to accept the unlaweful sanctions and transfer embargo they tried to impose.
Have a look at the leaked e-mail Stewart Regan sent out to other spl club chairmen.
He is to blame for the shambles, he has to go along with any of the others who were involved.
Rangers supporters accept and in fact wanted to go to Div 3, because they didn't want the, "you got special treatment" thrown back at them by all the anti Rangers mob.
As l said, l'll be at Bayview again this season and will definately be there when my hometown club comes to visit, hopefully in Div 1.

St Pauli; Answer me this Hypothetical question. If East Fife went into liquidation and were reformed as "The East Fife", played in same stadium, played in same colours, in fact all but a trading name was the same.
1. would you still support them?
2. would you forget about their history?
3. or if for some reason they didn't reform, would you then support your local team which would be Raith Rovers?

I will say, the new Rangers should have a clean slate with no sanctions. The oldco law breakers will be chased one by one through the courts by HMRC.

The boy is on the wind up. He cannae even spell Govan ffs.

St Pauli; Answer me this Hypothetical question. If East Fife went into liquidation and were reformed as "The East Fife", played in same stadium, played in same colours, in fact all but a trading name was the same.
1. would you still support them?
2. would you forget about their history?
3. or if for some reason they didn't reform, would you then support your local team which would be Raith Rovers?

I'd be proud of, and never forget, East Fife's history. If the club folded that would be it - history frozen in time for evermore. I'd probably follow a new East Fife if they played in black and gold in Methil but it would be a reincarnation of East Fife FC (1903) who won all those cups. Again, ask Airdrie Utd fans who once followed Airdrieonians.

Also ask yourself why Rangers fans were in tears on the news when Rangers died?

And no, I'd never follow Raith, or any other non-East Fife team - ever.

Your username is ironic...

St Pauli, your name is ironic

Socratic irony when you're involved lol

I'm impressed you're aware of Socratic irony but less impressed you can't spell the place you supposedly hail from.

Going back to my post, you now agree Rangers FC is dead?

Rangers will never Die, but if you are happy in your bubble then who am l to burst it?

The way I see it, if the Newco/Sevco want to adopt the history of the now kaput Rangers, they should also adopt all their debts and pay them off.

This is a very tedious situation now though that has been discussed to death. Fortunately it looks like the Newco might not even get to play in the Third Division now though as they are not SFA members.

St Pauli Fifer
The only one mentioning history is you. The only poor, unfortunate souls (as you say) are the decent Rangers fans who've lost their club. That club is dead, achieved what it achieved, but it's dead now none-the-less. The fans will follow a new Rangers now - just like Airdrie.

I have no shame in wanting both old firm to go out of business. They are not normal football clubs with local fans. Both sets of fans glorify terrorists. The game is in the state it is because of fans deserting local sides for the glory and/or religious affinity of following either of them. When Raith were in dire straits, I was well happy they pulled through.....but the old firm, Scotland's shame, the 'people', the Celtic 'family' - no chance. No one likes you and you don't care, right?

Aye SPF, your a tough man. Give Mr G.O.I some peace. He was brought up in Govan and natuarly supported rangers. He himself now supports East Fife as do his sons.

I personally am against the British/rule brittania side of Rangers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I the name Rangers was chosen from an English Rugby team when gers were formed. Let's not "hate" this, but try to understand. I may not like that part of rangers but this is a great club known the world over.

They maybe now a newco but still have clout and will recover, just as juve and Fiorentina have done.

Until the sourness era the players that I remember coming to Bayview were legends. Willie Henderson, Grieg, mcKinnon, Baxter, shearer, Caldow. Not a foreigner in sight.

The other downside of the "British" thing is independence for Sotland . I fear that Rangers fans will vote for the union due to their sporting allegiance rather than the political benefits. With such a large support, it will certainly have a big effect on the result. What's your thoughts Mr G.O.I??

Henderson, Grieg, Baxter et al were indeed Scottish but all of them were products of a club that followed a policy of sectarianism and would only sign people from a Protestant background. That was, and will always remain, a stain on society and Scottish football and I suspect the vast majority of Rangers supporters still place those ideals in front of everything else when they choose or chose which club to support.

I'm confused. What is it we're being asked to get over again?

Soc you always look confused! Thinking never was your forte, was it? Now sarcasm you do well, although bitterness was never a good trait either.

just in case you didn't know Rangers history;

Rangers Football Club

Founded: 1873

Ground: Ibrox Stadium

Capacity: 51,082

Nicknames: The Gers, Light Blues, Teddy Bears

Chairman:
Malcolm Murray
Chief Executive: Charles Green

Manager: Ally McCoist

Colours: Royal blue with red and white trim, white shorts with red and blue trim, black socks with red tops

Domestic Honours:

League champions: (54 titles) 1891, 1899, 1900, 1901, 1902, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1918, 1920, 1921, 1923, 1924, 1925, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1930, 1931, 1933, 1934, 1935, 1937, 1939, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1953, 1956, 1957, 1959, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011

Scottish Cup Winners: (33) 1894, 1897, 1898, 1903, 1928, 1930, 1932, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1953, 1960, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1973, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1981, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2009

Scottish League Cup: (27) 1947, 1949, 1961, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010-2011

International Honours:

Cup Winners’ Cup: (1) 1972

Do Rangers/newco/sevco have a forum you can post this on? Maybe someone there will give a shit.

get over it

Rangers Football Club

Chairman:
Malcolm Murray

Colours: Royal blue with red and white trim, white shorts with red and blue trim, black socks with red tops

Domestic Honours:

League champions: (54 titles) 1891, 1899, 1900, 1901, 1902, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1918, 1920, 1921, 1923, 1924, 1925, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1930, 1931, 1933, 1934, 1935, 1937, 1939, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1953, 1956, 1957, 1959, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011

Scottish Cup Winners: (33) 1894, 1897, 1898, 1903, 1928, 1930, 1932, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1953, 1960, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1973, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1981, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2009

Scottish League Cup: (27) 1947, 1949, 1961, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010-2011

International Honours:

By my reckoning about 38 of those trophies were acquired under corrupt club owners and by dubious methods. Let's call it cheating eh?

Give 'em back!

And that is how that club's history will remain forever more. Frozen in history. You should print it out and frame it. No wonder those Rangers fans on the telly were actually crying tears. They knew the score, unlike you (or are willing to admit). You'll get over it.

you keep telling yourself that Pauli, you yourself may even believe it, if you say it to yourself often enough!

/ verge of tears /

get over it

Rangers Football Club

Chairman:
Malcolm Murray

Domestic Honours:

International Honours:

I think you should move back to( Goven ) wherever that is mate . EH ?

get over it
you keep telling yourself that Pauli, you yourself may even believe it, if you say it to yourself often enough!

But it's a fact, it's not even up for debate. What is up for debate is you might lose trophies off that list - but it's impossible to add to them.

For the umpteenth time, why were grown Rangers men crying outside Ibrox? Please answer.... You tell me....

I think they realised something you can't.

get over it
Soc you always look confused! Thinking never was your forte, was it? Now sarcasm you do well, although bitterness was never a good trait either.

Well I hate bigots, so I'll concede your last point.. but everything else you've posted has been absolute bollocks!

St Pauli, the supporters were crying, of that their is no doubt. The passion these supporters have for their club is just the same passion and tears shed by Fife supporters when they won the league.
Some people are more emotional than others when it comes to the club they love.
l support East Fife remember! l just get sick of the double standards, hipocricy and out and out bias against Scotlands greatest ever club.
The hatred you have for them or any other club is unhealthy and tell me your no sportsman!
SO You stick with your "wee clique" l bet they believe every word you say.

I can only try again, if Rangers aren't dead, why are fans physically crying ?

I'll answer your questions but you won't answer mine.

Ps, Being sporting together with glorhunting and bigotry doesn't go.

Pps, In my eyes, Scotland's greatest ever Club is East Fife Football Club.

St Pauli Fifer
I can only try again, if Rangers aren't dead, why are fans physically crying ?

I'll answer your questions but you won't answer mine.

Ps, Being sporting together with glorhunting and bigotry doesn't go.

Pps, In my eyes, Scotland's greatest ever Club is East Fife Football Club.

They are crying, because of the mess two men have made of "their" club! simple as.
Not so long ago look at the state, you and others got themselves into during the Derek Brown saga. Do you think they feel any less passionate about the club they love?

P.S.
lf l were a glory hunter, the last place l'd be every second week is Bayview! or maybe you think l'm seeing something you're not?
Yes l agree East Fife are a great club, but facts and trophies speak for themselves no matter what bitter twist you want to put on it.

If you weren't a gloryhunter you wouldn't be posting Rangers' honours on EF messageboards and calling them the greatest team in the universe. You don't go and see them but you still want to be associated with them none-the-less, being "Scotland's most successful team". That's about as pure as gloryhunting gets.

No one had a greet when Brown was here. A few might've done if the club had died like yours has, right enough. Who could've blamed them.

So with this thread being dead (excused the pun) long now, I need to know what exactly have EF fans, that you addressed in your first post, got to 'get over' ?

St Pauli Fifer
If you weren't a gloryhunter you wouldn't be posting Rangers' honours on EF messageboards and calling them the greatest team in the universe. You don't go and see them but you still want to be associated with them none-the-less, being "Scotland's most successful team". That's about as pure as gloryhunting gets.

No one had a greet when Brown was here. A few might've done if the club had died like yours has, right enough. Who could've blamed them.

So with this thread being dead (excused the pun) long now, I need to know what exactly have EF fans, that you addressed in your first post, got to 'get over' ?

Where in any of my posts did l say Rangers were the "best team in the universe"? you making things up to suit urself again?
l stated a fact that they were Scotlands most successful club! and that is fact!
Rangers will still be Rangers long after you an l have gone, history and all!
what l meant by "get over it" was the bias "tic" leaning views written by you and others.
lnstead of welcoming the much needed revenue Rangers fans will bring, you're being driven by the deep rooted hatred you have for Rangers.
So we will have to agree to disagree on the benifits or not, of having Rangers in the lower leagues of Scottish football.
PS, if your hatred is that bad, you cant bear to go to Bayview when Rangers visit. can l put first dibs on your ticket? lol

Moderators can you please delete this thread as we are all getting bored of the Rangers crap on this forum.

Fiferbaz
Moderators can you please delete this thread as we are all getting bored of the Rangers crap on this forum.

Aw, I'm waiting to see what happens now that the unstoppable object's met the immovable force.

Fiferbaz

dont read it then you muppet!

Well, if you think I, and almost every other Scottish club, have a 'tic bias, you really are deluded (and clutching at straws). Glad you watch the Fife though.

Very intelligent response. Pillar of the community you are.

Fiferbaz
Very intelligent response. Pillar of the community you are.

l said it in language you would understand.
l never put myself forward as a pillar of the community, but you obviously think you are by the way you talk down to people!
The forum is for debate and to exchange views with anyone who is interested in the thread being debated. lf you dont like the subject thats being debated on this thread, then avoid it! why try and spoil it for anyone else?
Or do you think debate is for de fishing rod?

I am an East Fife fan, have been for 42 years. I have seen rangers play and was astounded at the passion shown by the fans at iprix, however, the bigotry ran just as passionately.
Although both Murray and to a lesser extent Whyte should be jailed for what they did to Rangers the venom that is rising from all corners of scotland should be a wake up call to both fans and club to sort themselves out. I have not seen/heard any apology for the actions of murray/whyte and fans should be asking themselves why they are detested so much. Its not because the club won many trophy's its there attitude and the bigotry they show, the violence that has followed them throughout europe, remember manchester a few years ago. this does nothing to help the cause of scottish football.
I understand companies house have also refused to grant sevco the name rangers, so it does appear that the 'history' will remain just that, think Third Lanark cos thats where you are now.

Paddy Power offering 25/1 the field v sevco for promotion next season, ill have some of that

A lot of people don't think of of a football club when the topic of Rangers is raised. Their first thoughts are often sectarianism, bigotry, hooliganism, the union flag etc. To this you can now add corruption, cheating and lies to the roll of dishonour. This is how Rangers will now be remembered. Football is just a by-product.

The list of trophies above is now meaningless especially those acquired over the past 25 years or so.

Rangers F.C.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Rangers F.C)
You have new messages (last change).
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Rangers F.C. (disambiguation).
This page is currently protected from editing until disputes have been resolved.
This protection is not an endorsement of the current version. See the protection policy and protection log for more details. Please discuss any changes on the talk page; you may use the {{editprotected}} template to ask an administrator to make the edit if it is supported by consensus. You may also request that this page be unprotected.
This article's factual accuracy is disputed. Please help to ensure that disputed facts are reliably sourced. See the relevant discussion on the talk page. (July 2012)
Rangers
Full name Rangers Football Club
Nickname(s) The Gers, Teddy Bears, Blues
Founded 1872
Ground Ibrox Stadium
Glasgow, Scotland
(Capacity: 51,082 )
Owner Craig Whyte
2011–12 Scottish Premier League, 2nd
Website Club home page

Home colours
Away colours
Third colours

Current season
Rangers Football Club was a football club based in Glasgow, who played in the Scottish Premier League until the end of the 2011-12 season. The club's home was the all-seated 51,082-capacity Ibrox Stadium in south-west Glasgow. Rangers had a fierce rivalry with Celtic; the two Glasgow clubs being collectively known as the Old Firm.

Can i state that the most important part of the paragraph is aboveas there are constant past tense words and phrases chosen ''were'' etc, they ''were'' a team in SPL or Scotland, they aren't anymore because as a couple of guys have mentioned before the club is dead. So you can post all of the old co's honours etc because they won't be added to, the point is they are dead so now sir can ''get over it''.

the late great brian clough once said 'rangers, thats not a football team, thats a gang of villans' how prophetic

essex fifer
the late great brian clough once said 'rangers, thats not a football team, thats a gang of villans' how prophetic

Essex Fifer, That pillar of society Bian Clough; do you remember,

Corruption Allegations

In the 1990s Clough was implicated in the "bungs" scandal in English football. Under particular scrutiny was his involvement in the transfer of Teddy Sheringham from Nottingham Forest to Tottenham Hotspur in 1992. Then-Tottenham chairman Alan Sugar claimed under oath to have been told by Spurs manager Terry Venables that Clough "liked a bung", an illicit payment made to ensure a transfer deal went through. Sugar sanctioned a cash payment of £58,750, which he believed would be paid to an agent, but instead it was handed over to Ronnie Fenton, Clough's assistant at Forest.

Clough was also alleged to have made illegal payments to players and backroom staff in breach of FA rules, something confirmed by former Forest chief scout Alan Hill.
Clough himself denied the allegations, saying "Asking me what it's like to make money out of transfers is like asking 'What's it like to have VD?' I don't know, I've never had it." Clough was charged with misconduct by the FA, who later dropped the case due to Clough's ill health. Former Premier League chief executive, Rick Parry, who led the inquiry, said "On the balance of evidence, we felt he [Clough] was guilty of taking bungs. The evidence was pretty strong

Oh yes " that" Brian Clough, who was about as straight as Lombard street.

Aye it's pure a'body's fault except for Rainjurs.

Still no explanation about why you were happy to follow a club with a sectarian signing policy though.

Kings of Fife

Still no explanation about why you were happy to follow a club with a sectarian signing policy though.

Kings of Fife,

do you think that when l was 3-4yo l knew anything about a signing policy? you flatter me.
By the time l did understand, how do you know l was happy to go along with it?

I could have given you an interesting, but less than amusing anecdote, but l wont.

Religion in "our house" when l was growing up was never paramount. In fact when "jesus christ" was mentioned, it was usually when one of us kids had done something wrong!

So please don't presuppose anything about anyone unless you have the facts to back up your alligation. after all l didn't presuppose you were an "ejit" in your spelling "Rainjers", after all l don't know which reading book you're now on.

Wake me up when the season starts. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ............................................

get over it
Kings of Fife

Kings of Fife,

do you think that when l was 3-4yo l knew anything about a signing policy? you flatter me.

I could have given you an interesting, but less than amusing anecdote, but l wont.

Religion in "our house" when l was growing up was never paramount. In fact when "jesus christ" was mentioned, it was usually when one of us kids had done something wrong!

So please don't presuppose anything about anyone unless you have the facts to back up your alligation. after all l didn't presuppose you were an "ejit" in your spelling "Rainjers", after all l don't know which reading book you're now on.

Nice bodyswerve pal. Every other clubs' fans in Scotland would have been on their version of Derrick's mound in protest at such a signing policy. Instead the supporters of the now defunct club revelled in it. And you don't wish to comment on it.

Kings of Fife
get over it
Kings of Fife

Kings of Fife,

Nice bodyswerve pal. Every other clubs' fans in Scotland would have been on their version of Derrick's mound in protest at such a signing policy. Instead the supporters of the now defunct club revelled in it. And you don't wish to comment on it.

KOF,

Lets me start again by saying,

1. Although l do not agree with such signing policies, because l believed the only thing it achieved, was to hold back Rangers!
I even worked it out all by myself before l was 10.

However you know and l know, the world was a different place 140 years ago! But l'm not going to apologise for a tradition which was in its 80th year before l knew anything about it!

Now we have PC and you "The Liberal do-gooders" sitting on your high horse on Derrick's mound spewing out drivel,(bit like king billy huh) Blaming all of Scotland's Football faults on Rangers.

There is only one club that flies a foreign flag above their stadium, but of course "that's Tradition".
Thats the problem with all this PC crap, idiots use it to hide behind so they can further their own bias views.

Kings of Fife
get over it
Kings of Fife

Kings of Fife,

KOF,

Lets me start again by saying l did not agree with such signing policies, because l believed the only thing it achieved, was to hold back Rangers!and I even worked it out all by myself before l was 10.

However you know and l know, the world was a different place 140 years ago! But l'm not going to apologise for a tradition which was in its 80th year before l knew anything about it!

Now we have PC and you "The Liberal do-gooders" sitting on your high horse on Derrick's mound spewing out drivel,(bit like king billy huh) Blaming all of Scotland's Football faults on Rangers.

There is only one club that flies a foreign flag above their stadium, but of course "that's Tradition".
Thats the problem with all this PC crap, idiots use it to hide behind so they can further their own bias views.

get over it
Kings of Fife
get over it
Kings of Fife

Kings of Fife,

KOF,

Lets me start again by saying l did not agree with such signing policies, because l believed the only thing it achieved, was to hold back Rangers!and I even worked it out all by myself before l was 10.

Naebody is asking you to apologise pal. If you had just said that Rangers were wrong to refuse sign players of a certain religious persuasion then you might have saved face. All the guff about liberal do-gooders and deflection about displaying a foreign flag tells another quite different story.
All I can say is thank goodness the old Rangers are finished and let's hope that the one that replaces it conducts itself like a more normal fitba club. It might then attract more normal fans.

get over it
Kings of Fife
get over it
Kings of Fife

Kings of Fife,

KOF,

Feck me !!!!!!!!!!! the way you have gone on ,really proves you are an EAST FIFE supporter . EH ? Now, go on a RANGERS forum and let us get on with 2nd div football . bye mate FFS .

l have no reason to hide the fact l followed Rangers in my younger days, l said that from the get go.
As l've said, if you are not interested in this thread, then why comment on it?
l just think Rangers will hopefully bring in much needed revenue to the lower leagues, which in turn can only be for the betterment of Scottish football as a whole.
lf you feel so badly about Rangers playing in same league as us, boycott both games against them or better still get right behind East Fife like l will! wont stop me wanting Rangers to do well too though.

If Rangers are dead, ergo all of their tainted trophies revert to their rightful owners!!!

Does that mean that we can be helping ourselves to the 1950 Scottish Cup now, thanks!!!

Can't be bothered checking it but there must be a few clubs who have never won a cup who can claim a victory now that TCFKAR are goosed. Please God don't let RR think they are Scottish Cup winners.

isn't it funny how many of the haters have cheered right up after drawing Rangers lol the word Hypocrits springs to mind.

Its because we are playing a team thats never played in this competition before and history will be made.

keep telling yourself that, you may even believe it one day too.
Sid's eyes went three times the size when East Fife came out the hat. lol
Hopefully the money we get will go towards building a covered terrace around the ground. nothing fancy just so it looks like a football ground once again.

You must have thought you had died and gone to heaven when you heard that draw......Who will you be supporting

I realise that this is a new squeaky clean, honest non-sectarian club that we are up against but I think the EFFC board should be asking for our share of the gate receipts up front, just to be on the safe side.

Kings of Fife
I realise that this is a new squeaky clean, honest non-sectarian club that we are up against but I think the EFFC board should be asking for our share of the gate receipts up front, just to be on the safe side.

Expect a statement from the powers-that-be stating that we must give up our share of the gate money for the overall good of Scottish football (aka Rangers). If we don't there will be financial armageddon and anyway, we'll be fine without our share cause they will give us some money for sweeties.

Yes l thought it was a great draw for us, l will be there in black & gold, (will you?)
East Fife will make more money from this one game than they did for whole of last season, so all the haters give credit where credit is due.
l only hope we draw them or celtic away again in the Scottish cup too!

get over it

Rangers Football Club

Chairman:
Malcolm Murray

Domestic Honours:

International Honours:

Just a question borrowed from another post -

Were you born when all these trophies were won?

get over it
Yes l thought it was a great draw for us, l will be there in black & gold, (will you?)
East Fife will make more money from this one game than they did for whole of last season, so all the haters give credit where credit is due.
l only hope we draw them or celtic away again in the Scottish cup too!

Why is it hypocritical to think getting a draw which will give us a bit of cash is a good thing? I think it's a great draw and I wanted Rangers in the 3rd. I can't think of any part of that which makes me a hypocrite.

It's very unlikely East Fife will make more money than they did for the whole of last season.

i think the hypocrite part relates more to those who wanted rangers dead and never return + have the likes of Spartans to take their place

you hit nail on the head kenwit. The Same hypocritical EF supporters who want Rangers and their supprters gone, are not true supporters of the Scottish game.
The venom shown in some of their posts shows bigotry at its worse, but because the "big two" but more so Rangers are easy targets, they think their poison posts can go unchallenged and under the radar.

Bob it may not be a whole seasons earnings but you'd have to have 14 full houses at bayview to come close to what will be earned by that one visit to lbrox.
For a club like EF that is a godsend, money that can be spent upgrading and improving facilites at Bayview that otherwise would have taken longer to do.

There are idiots who follow every team, but they are alway a small minority of attention seekers who are hellbent on spoiling it for everyone.
As long as the majority hold sway, then there is hope for Scottish football.
Let the banter continue, but please stop this " l hope they die" posts, because karma can be a bitch!

Hope who dies ? They're already dead.

To ?,

I was born in 1947 so yes l was,

Scottish League Cup:

Winners (3): 1948, 1950, 1954

R/U Scottish Cup too 1950

Though l admit l wasn't at any of the above matches.

get over it
you hit nail on the head kenwit. The Same hypocritical EF supporters who want Rangers and their supprters gone, are not true supporters of the Scottish game.
The venom shown in some of their posts shows bigotry at its worse, but because the "big two" but more so Rangers are easy targets, they think their poison posts can go unchallenged and under the radar.

Bob it may not be a whole seasons earnings but you'd have to have 14 full houses at bayview to come close to what will be earned by that one visit to lbrox.
For a club like EF that is a godsend, money that can be spent upgrading and improving facilites at Bayview that otherwise would have taken longer to do.

There are idiots who follow every team, but they are alway a small minority of attention seekers who are hellbent on spoiling it for everyone.
As long as the majority hold sway, then there is hope for Scottish football.
Let the banter continue, but please stop this " l hope they die" posts, because karma can be a bitch!

I'm still not sure it's hypocritical and I'm very sure it's not bigoted. The vast majority of people who'd like to see Rangers gone would also like to see Celtic gone I'd imagine.

How would an East Fife fan who wanted to see Rangers die act if they weren't being hypocritical? "Oh no, we've drawn Rangers, I don't want a penny off them"?

East Fife will probably make a decent amount of money off of this, everyone who supports the club is going to be happy about that.

Bob if you truely dont know what l'm saying then whats the point?
We always sit on our moral "high horse" looking down at the nasty OF, but lf we see the death of a club then just gloat about it, were/are we the sportsmen we think we are?
Think about it!

St Pauline, you stick to pretending ur a supporter of the beautiful game. Everyone knows you not!

I follow East Fife to every game home and away plus all friendlies so yes I will be there......A Newco fan asking for credit,you couldn't make it up lol

perochial to the last bob, well done

Is it true that the Bob Marley classic from 1979 has been re released but now its called "No Rangers No SKY"?

get over it
Is it true that the Bob Marley classic from 1979 has been re released but now its called "No Rangers No SKY"?

No, it's actually called "No Rangers, huns cry".

get over it
To ?,

I was born in 1947 so yes l was,

Scottish League Cup:

Winners (3): 1948, 1950, 1954

R/U Scottish Cup too 1950

Though l admit l wasn't at any of the above matches.

I was talking about all the Rangers trophies actually. The point is though, what difference does it make who was born or not born, when it comes to what a club has achieved? Why did you feel the need to ask it?

Bob Agg
get over it

No, it's actually called "No Rangers, huns cry".

that was quite a sectarian and bigoted comment was it not Bob? Does it show your true inner feelings perhaps? Or maybe it was just a joke because EF fans could hold such sectarian bigoted views, could they?
l'm sure it was just a joke huh? yeah right!

Give it a rest, get over it. Any support you might have got in your argument just wanes away with every post you make now mate!

Give it a rest
Give it a rest, get over it. Any support you might have got in your argument just wanes away with every post you make now mate!

Point taken, getting fed up with it myself,but glad l brought it up as one thing it has done, is show that it is not just O.F. fans who need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Sorry if l offended anyone that was never my intention.

i would have thought exodus would have been more appropriate bob marley song

get over it

that was quite a sectarian and bigoted comment was it not Bob? Does it show your true inner feelings perhaps? Or maybe it was just a joke because EF fans could hold such sectarian bigoted views, could they?
l'm sure it was just a joke huh? yeah right!

No. It wasn't.

You really need to calm down.

Sorry to bump this thread up. Too good not to share.

Courtesy of Toj's FB