Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sellout Saturday

Right, newco are in Div 3 and thats the end of it so hopefully no more threads about that and get back to discussing East Fife.

Aberdeen have set up the Sellout Saturday initiative/promotion to obviously get the fans in due to the before mentioned situation, we as fans need to go to games (I know alot of us already do) but others need to make more of an effort and get through the gates. Our 1st home game is Queen of the South on the 18th, depending on the league cup draw that is, and I can't wait for it.

Anyone think it would be worthwhile trying to persuade the club to do extra promotions for this game? cut prices? Bigger advertisements in the paper, big spreads on the next matches etc, getting local pubs involved as in flying a EF flag outside the pubs on match days etc, these are just a few suggestions but I would love it if Bayview was packed every home game.

Re: Sellout Saturday

Next full house at Bayview will be when Rangers come calling or we draw either Raith Rovers or celtic at home. sad but true l'm afraid.

Probably but that cannot be the only focus. Seems to me East Fife Loyal was thinking systemically.

get over it
Next full house at Bayview will be when Rangers come calling or we draw either Raith Rovers or celtic at home. sad but true l'm afraid.

Oh I don't know. Record attendance at Bayview Stadium was when Queens Park were the visitors...

Mad Man
get over it

Oh I don't know. Record attendance at Bayview Stadium was when Queens Park were the visitors...

lets hope they bring the same amount of supporters next time huh?

Get over it,why dont you try and bring some of your pals who wont be able to get tickets to see Newco down to Bayview.Im sure some of them will want to see some football.

Theotherbob
Get over it,why dont you try and bring some of your pals who wont be able to get tickets to see Newco down to Bayview.Im sure some of them will want to see some football.

ToB, l once took some friends for the west to Bayview one cold, wet and windy Febuary night. you're right, everyone of them said they'd never forget their first experience of new Bayview!

Some people think the whole of Scottish football is a cold, wet and windy February night!

get over it
Theotherbob

ToB, l once took some friends for the west to Bayview one cold, wet and windy Febuary night. you're right, everyone of them said they'd never forget their first experience of new Bayview!

This cunt has a bit of a Dame Judy of lino about him.

Fifer
get over it
Theotherbob

This cunt has a bit of a Dame Judy of lino about him.

coming from you fifer, ah had to laugh.
A once great man wrote,

oh, wad some power the gift tae gie us,
tae see oorsel's as ithers see us.

look in the mirror, you'll see one very large bellend looking back!

If any East Fife fans are keen to create a sell out Saturday event for the QoS league game and there's anything we can do to help then please let us know.

The paper would be more than happy to carry a wee piece in the print edition and you could also use our Facebook profile to drum up support as you please.

Scott.

Scott Inglis - East Fife Mail
If any East Fife fans are keen to create a sell out Saturday event for the QoS league game and there's anything we can do to help then please let us know.

The paper would be more than happy to carry a wee piece in the print edition and you could also use our Facebook profile to drum up support as you please.

Scott.

Thats fantastic, exactly what this threat is about and what were looking for. Obviously down the line we would want good attendances at Bayview every game but unfortunately alot of fans only turn out dpending on results and form etc. I do think that bigger promotions and advertisement or bigger spreads of games, big it up if you will and more people will take note.
Appreciate you getting back to us, cheers

£5.00 admission a must for this one.

£5.00 admission all season and every second week would be a sell out Saturday.

1990 fivers, or 450 £13's. you decide.

I agree to an extent of dropping prices for the 1st game, be good if the club could let us know how many season tickets have been sold so far etc.

Was also thinking that a half season ticket could be good for those that cant afford to pay for a full season ticket, also gives them a chance to save a wee bit and by again for the 2nd half of the season.....i think that could be a gd thing for the club.

Another one is double ticket promotions of 2 games for £20 in instead of £26 if u were to pay individually, playing at home twice in a month and promote the 2 games as a package.