Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cup Draw

When is the league cup draw please.

Re: Cup Draw

Its Monday at 2.00pm

Sfl on twitter says its tomorrow time and venue to be announced

Does Rangers moving to the 3rd move us into a seeded position?

We finished 6th, so would have been the top 'non-seeded' team based on last season. But will we move up now.

Bob - East Fife will now become a seeded team according to the SFL.

12.30 at ochilview tomorrow

Thanking you

Away to The Rangers.

Rangers at Ibrox.

Unbeleivable that's good and bad a suppose!! lol

Bad for them!

Fantastic, extra money for Durie to use, hope the board support him to sign Williamson

Great to see that we were one of the seeded teams and they were one of the diddy teams PMSL

full draw

Queen of the South v Alloa Athletic
•Stranraer v Livingston
• Raith Rovers v Berwick Rangers
• Peterhead v Dundee
• Stenhousemuir v Brechin City
• Montrose v Cowdenbeath
• Ayr United v Clyde
• Queen’s Park v Airdrie United
• Dumbarton v Albion Rovers
• Forfar Athletic v Partick Thistle
• Falkirk v Elgin City
• The Rangers v East Fife
• Hamilton Academical v Annan Athletic
• East Stirlingshire v Morton
• Arbroath v Stirling Albion

Dave Marshall
Rangers at Ibrox.

What date Dave?

4th August

Terrible,terrible news. If they deduct expenses before splitting the gate money we will be due them £50m

Soc
4th August

Grrrrrr. I go back to work 28th July. Still, I'll see the next round. Surely were favourites over a 3d Division team!!

i doubt the game will be played on the 4th as celtic have aberdeen in the spl on the 4th at celtic park so they wont play on the same day in the city, i expect our cup game to be moved to the sunday

Good point.

will it get changed to the sunday, the spl games start the 4th and celtic are at home...

Tiff
will it get changed to the sunday, the spl games start the 4th and celtic are at home...

I predict so, itl prob be televised aswell, think bbc alba r wanting they games. if not on another channel as theres big interest as to how sevco will get on

East Fife Loyal
Tiff

I predict so, itl prob be televised aswell, think bbc alba r wanting they games. if not on another channel as theres big interest as to how sevco will get on

they will want to see them get beat and cheers

As Craigkillie says on PnB;

Tough tie for Sevco against last season's quarter-finalists.

Oldfirmfacts ‏@Oldfirmfacts1
East Fife are to play Rangers. "Will this be an easy tie?" asks a journalist. "No, we'll take Rangers seriously" says East Fife's boss.

just noticed on the brechin website that their ramsdens cup tie with rangers is scheduled for a 3:05 kick off, wonder if this is due to tv rights possibly, just a strange kick off time.

Also im 99% sure that our cup tie with them will be televised, its the first game on the season at ibrox so i would think there would be a big turnout to support the team through the hard times, how would the gate money work out? 50/50?

infact i will answer one of my own questions, the match with brechin and rangers is now sunday 19th so will be on tv.

Brechin v rangers is live on bbc alba on the sunday

Its just a pity we didn't have a league game before the rangers game and offer some deal to all those who attended the league game i.e cash in on the glory hunters and hypocrites who wanted rangers dead.
i hope the East Fife board are thinking of ways to get as much money in as possible...lay on buses and try and entice non attenders to come back...c'mon board get ur thinking caps on!

Free buses to season ticket holders

Greetings from sunny Kalkan. Thought this was a wind up at first! Was that happy i nearly slipped on the balcony and dropped my ice cold beer! Great to be a place when nobody has heard of Jim "the cruiser" Costorphine!

I would expect the Sevco fans to boycott this game.

Very tricky away tie for you lot. Sevco might fancy themselves to carry out a wee bit of giant killing. However, a big, wide park should favour the team from the higher league, so no excuses.

2 weeks tomorrow? Doesnt leave much time to get tickets on sale etc

This draw sounds like a fix to me. They can't seed The Rangers so instead they draw them against the lowest-seeded team. Very suspicious.

I'm hearing the way their squads shaping up, they may ask us to change it to five-a-sides.

Rangers v East Fife

Date will be announced later due to discussions with Strathclyde Police

Great news
Last time we played The Rangers was in 1997 in a cup tie at Ibrox when they had McCoist and etc....

We will be there, Mon The Fife!

just looked out the old programme...£1.50 , £13 ticket.

Thought it was Sevco, have they changed name to The Rangers?

only a pity it wasn't at Bayview

Bobby Linn must be thrilled to have the exciting derby game against Kelty Hearts to look forward to

predictions for crowd size? 46550. the 50 coming from us lol

mr 305

got lindsey top on my wall from that game

get over it

Am I missing something here?

S-Pat
get over it

Aye the guy looks for a reaction in every 1 of his posts. Don't lower yersel to his level and be proud like the rest of us Fife fans.

I am firmly in the camp that "Rangers" should be treated within the published laws of the game I.e. Their SFL and therefore SFA membership application should be considered equally with that of Spartans, Gala, Cove etc.

But it seems right now, after multiple SFA and SFL rule bending sessions we will indeed see a football team playing at Ibrokes called THE Rangers sanctioned by the SFA to apply for and be accepted to Div 3.

So time to capitalise for the best of our club.
As the first ever match at Ibrokes the GIRUY brigade will be out in force - possible sell out for the only time this year - and we can get 50% after costs.
That could add up to a couple hundred grand ibefore any TV rights etc. which we can spend on players?

Golden goose or rotten egg?

For the historians - have EF EVER won at Ibrox?
I truly believe we have a great chance of doing so come first week in Aug 2012
O

13 October 1973 - SCOTTISH LEAGUE 1

Rangers 0 East Fife 1

effcno1
S-Pat
get over it

Aye the guy looks for a reaction in every 1 of his posts. Don't lower yersel to his level and be proud like the rest of us Fife fans.

I put forward my views, not to get reaction but because l believe Rangers will be good for the lower divisions.
l do not go along with the majority of posters on here who want to keep kicking Rangers when they are down. It is also hypocritical of some to say in posts that they wish sparta or cove was admitted to the league instead, but then be duplicitous when it comes to taking half the gate money.

l for one hope we draw at lbrox and earn even more money from the replay. The money could then be spent on a much needed terrace opposite the main stand.

So just because you may not agree with what l post, l still have every right to put my views forward. lf you don't wish to read them then dont!
How boring would the world be if everyone thought like you do?

I`m sure we have only won there once in our history,1-0 in 1971, I think!But remember that game was against Rangers, who no longer exist.

get over it
effcno1
S-Pat
get over it

I put forward my views, not to get reaction but because l believe Rangers will be good for the lower divisions.
l do not go along with the majority of posters on here who want to keep kicking Rangers when they are down. It is also hypocritical of some to say in posts that they wish sparta or cove was admitted to the league instead, but then be duplicitous when it comes to taking half the gate money.

l for one hope we draw at lbrox and earn even more money from the replay. The money could then be spent on a much needed terrace opposite the main stand.

So just because you may not agree with what l post, l still have every right to put my views forward. lf you don't wish to read them then dont!
How boring would the world be if everyone thought like you do?

i agree with most of ur points regarding the hypocrites on here

P.s dont think you get replays in the league cup,extra-time and penalties

ln that case ken l hope we win, simple as!

Three League Cups in the bag already.

We welcome the chase.

Kings of Fife

We welcome the chase.

may l ask if you were actually born when East Fife won them?

get over it
Kings of Fife

We welcome the chase.

may l ask if you were actually born when East Fife won them?

What a daft question! What difference does it make? Are you suggesting that they don't count, even though they were won FAIR AND SQUARE, just because present day supporters were not born when they were won? As it happens, I was born, but too young to have seen them, however I am still full of pride that my home town team achieved what they did.

Your question is very similiar to those we get regularly from the Linos!....mmmmmm??

why not just answer as KoF rather than ? lol
just made yourself look a right Dickov and a man of your age should know thats not a good look!

Way of the mark there mate! Just ask the mods to confirm that and don't be so cheeky to your elders!