Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tannoy music at Bayview

Just a small gripe but can we please have new pre match/half time tannoy music at Bayview this season? Another year of "Hey Baby (ooh aah)" and "Is this the way to Amarillo" and I might put my head in the oven.

Re: Tannoy music at Bayview

why not a musical tribute to ex players

1. Jimmy Hendrix - "HEY Joe! you're playin like a coo, with a gun in its hand. Joe Hughes

2. Donny Osmond - And they called him Johnny Love

3.Dave Cark 5 - Kicked tae pieces

4.Rolling Stones - hey,you! Eddie McLeod

What about Arnie the fastest milk man in the west...

And before anyone says it I know it's Ernie!!

If you can download music onto a cd I am sure tan will play it

Gold on the Ceiling by The Black Keys
1. It's a cracking song
2. Black and Gold on the ceiling at the end of the season.

Sam Sparrow - Black & Gold a must?

Anything, absolutely anything but the current CD.

The same CD with the same songs has been played before every game for at least a season now.

'It doesn't really mean that I'm in to you, Hello..oh..oh..oh..oh'

Jukebox Jive.... Racy

Anything by Ray Charles

So macho ..Sinita....especially for Jim Corstorphine and Div Muir

Pedant here.
Racey didn't sing Juke Box Jive - it was the Rubettes.

Rubettes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQNSXFdyLSQ

Racey - Lay your love on me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofDCsRhT57o

Racey – Some girls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i15ALD6fsUU

Should have remembered that,being an old codger the memory not what it was.

But, for a Jimmy Saville point, who sang 'Rubettes'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWAeBEZk6vM

Same playlist at Bayview again yesterday. Will this CD be played forever more?

Theotherbob
Jukebox Jive.... Racy

Anything by Ray Charles

So macho ..Sinita....especially for Jim Corstorphine and Div Muir

You lot will still be using the wax disc eh?

If the club was aragreeableI would be happy to take suggestions from fans and players via twitter and download to an Ipod to cover the half hour up to kick off.
Could give the top 5 requsters a mention in the breeze block column. sparky @Culle

Sparky I have asked fans to do music for us but as usual no one does it , so feel free to make up a cd and bring it with you next home game

Thanks Cazza.

Cazza
Sparky I have asked fans to do music for us but as usual no one does it

Perhaps they're law-abiding citizens? Are there not laws about this sort of thing?

I put it to you ok to use legally downloaded material and play in public where a PRS licence is in place.

nae chance with this lot brother.

I think the club should ask some local bands to write a few anthems for the Kings of Fife . It would be a good showcase for there talents.
Or have a competition, which would create some local interest.
Patrol , Some Device etc had a few EFFC Fans in their ranks ...I am sure they would have loved to have recorded a track specifically for the team.

Can the club not just wander up Leven High Street and buy 4 or 5 compilation albums from the charity shops or something?

It's pretty ridiculous how often the exact same songs have been played at Bayview now.

Have been away on holiday, so wondering whether I'm too late with a few suggestions for music for your CD? Spoken to a couple of players, and they'd like music on a bit earlier for the start of their warm up. Not sure whether that's possible. Anyway, here are a few suggestions:

Gold - Spandau Ballet

Welcome to the House of Fun - Madness

One Vision - Queen

Born to Be Wild - Steppenwolf

The Only Way is Up - Yazz

Yakety Sax - Not sure who did this

The Boys are Back in Town - Thin Lizzy

Tunes to run out to:

Dance of the Knights (from Romeo & Juliet)- Prokofiev (Sunderland run out to it)

Local Hero Theme Tune (Think Newcastle run out to this)

Theme from Rocky (Gonna Fly Now)

Ride of the Valkyries - Wagner

Another rousing tune:

William Tell Overture

Would have tried a CD myself, but haven't the technical know how.

Hope I'm not too late, but then anything will be better than our present tunes!!

Hi Folks

Just put up a wee poll on this on the club Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/EastFifeFC

Eugene, the poll asks about the music we'd like East Fife to run out to. I'm sure mostving that fans are happy with Telstar. It's the music during the warm up and half time (the love shack, hey baby, tony christie etc) that's driving folk mad.

Done the poll.
Thin Lizzy for me Boys are back in town.

I have a CD for today to hand in. 1hr of classics and songs from the current "hit parade" Rizzle Kicks to Republica via Simple Minds.

Im sure there should also be an Angus Fifer cut hanging about from when we had this debate during the last promotion season. Some Half man half biscuit and Stone Roses belters on there.

Arnie
Eugene, the poll asks about the music we'd like East Fife to run out to. I'm sure mostving that fans are happy with Telstar. It's the music during the warm up and half time (the love shack, hey baby, tony christie etc) that's driving folk mad.

Like the man says.

Also, are we about to start running the club based on what people who use Facebook want? Which would be about the same as polling viewers of X Factor, or carrying out the vote on Poshandbecks.com (assuming such a thing exists).

I'm thinking I Am Kloot's 'Junk Culture' might be a good starting point on the playlist.

Huge improvement on the music front yesterday. Well done to whoever was involved

Thanks very much. Some recent chart stuff purchased and chucked on cd along with some golden oldies.

The volume was a bit low to start with. Believe it or not when Bayview filled up you could barely hear the music over the chattering.

Its a fine line but slightly louder music does help promote a better athmosphere.

Just as an aside , I take it the club has internet access in the building to maybe download some new stuff from time to time? (Legally of course),

Sparky
Thanks very much. Some recent chart stuff purchased and chucked on cd along with some golden oldies.

The volume was a bit low to start with. Believe it or not when Bayview filled up you could barely hear the music over the chattering.

Its a fine line but slightly louder music does help promote a better athmosphere.

Just as an aside , I take it the club has internet access in the building to maybe download some new stuff from time to time? (Legally of course),

agree to this aswell its east fife we are watching at bayview not Balingry, so turn the volume up and promote a better atmosphere.

Was working on Saturday so couldn't make it to the game, but I am delighted to hear that the music is being changed. Think its a good idea to mix classics with modern tracks as this may encourage more fans, especially young kids along (I don't think the prospect of hearing "Love Shack" created a strong desire to come to Bayview every week!) Thought I would post some tracks that could be added to the playlist. Hope it helps!

Opus - Live Is Life

Faithless - Insomnia (Could use this when we score a goal (2.18)??)

Blur - Song 2

Robbie Williams - Let me Entertain You

Queen - We Will Rock You

Fatboy Slim - Right Here, Right Now

And some current ones!

Owl City & Carly Rae Jepson - Good Time

Florence & The Machine, ft Calvin Harris - Say My Name

Devlin ft Ed Sheeran - Watchtower

Swedish House Mafia - Greyhound

EDIT TO ADD - Sorry, I couldnt manage to embed the videos onto the post so I attached a link to the title. Just click the name and it will take you to youtube to listen to the song!

Hey Ross, i played this to my 11 year daughter & her pals , i told them this is the music we play at new bayview before and during the football .They thought i was MENTAL . sorry mate but this will not get youngsters to follow east fife . believe me . LOL .

Throw your stones , We can hold our own!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzcsN-hQkv4&feature=related

Given our current predicament I think more stuff by myself (that's Leonard Cohen) or failing that a bit of Doom metal might be more appropriate.

Some good anes Ross specially Florence, Faithless, Blur etc. Have to agree re Opus tho it does my nut in but music is all opinions eh.

Lenny There was a CD that famously had "National Shite Day by Half Man Half Biscuit played pre game at bayview. Very surreal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FR842KUaOw