Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
trialists to players

Having watched the last few games with quite a few trialists playing.The ramsden cup starts next week then we play the team from ibrox.Is it possible we might hear if we are going to sign any of them before next saturday.

Re: trialists to players

I believe Bob Malcolm has signed. Nothing on the others!

thought Malcolm cruised through the game against Falkirk, apart from the St.johnstone game(which most players struggled) he's looked a good player BUT i dont think its a position that we need cover for

White, Campbell, Muir, Malcolm, McCormick are all, or can play centre half. I'm still worried about the full backs, or lack of them. We shipped many goals last season because of our weakness in the right and left back positions, unless these positions are strengthened I think we will continue to lose goals.

I think all teams will lose goals

I wasn't at the St Johnstone game, however have been at the rest, and Malcolm has only played 45 mins at most, is he fit enough to play a full game?

I would rather wait and see how theese player's cope against better teams with more to offer. We struggled against st johnston but played well against dunfermline who hadn't played a pre season game and then falkirk who were very young boy's and who had alot of the 1st team player's missing. Can these player's play next week because this is the type of game's I would rather see them play in and then make an offer if they have done well. Where was williamson on sat ?

Alex King hasn't been offered a deal. Not sure about the others yet, as I understand it they will find out tonight at training.

Williamson won't be signing for us as he has gone to Farmfoods.

MaRY_BaLE
Williamson won't be signing for us as he has gone to Farmfoods.

**** Correction ****
... he's gone to Iceland.

Lets get one thing straight here. We can take very little from that Falkirk game, it was a traditional bounce game where both sides but in particular Falkirk challenged many of their players to play out of position, in particular young Fulton was put up against Colin Samuel, our own team clearly was trying out players in particular our back 4 options. I thought they all did fairly well. However Bob Malcolm is not fit. He was being allowed time on the ball and we tried to play the ball out from the back. In competitive matches we will not be able to play like that. He will not last 90 against the likes of Newco Fc, his free kick was quality though ! I thought Colin looked off the pace at first but once he got a chance or two, you can see the quality he brings. I think he will score a barrel load for us. XX Broony looked good in goal