Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fans going to Ibrox

hi all,with the worlds media going to be taking an interest in our cup game then any suggestions on how to add some light hearted humour to the proceedings?

Last time i asked for comments on what to put on my banner that i took to the Killie cup game,also took along a home-made league cup with black n gold ribbons.

So any suggestions on maybe a new banner, or banners for others to make, or maybe we can all hold up silver trophies to have a dig at our history of cup wins compared to Newco's none.

i remember watching an old firm game at ibrox when the celtic fans had dozens and dozens of beach balls with them, so any ideas

Re: Fans going to Ibrox

Definitely play up our 3 League Cups and 1 Scottish Cups to their none.

We should also have some kind of banner that says that we're debt free.

haha great post!!!

what about a banner of ''Use WERE the people'' ?

or ''You r R*angers in disguise'' ?

simple songs of ''f*ck all, youv never won fuck all''.....and then start waving our cups etc.

''Simply ....depressed'' when they play come out the tunnel.

Love the idea of making up loads of trophies etc and everyone in our end holding them up though

Singing "simply depressed" would be classic.

Really hoping this game is live on TV so I can see it over here.

Just for sheer amusement.....''our garden shed.....''

''Why don't you just die?
Why don't you just di-ii-ie?
The Rangers went under
Why don't you just die?''

''If your club pays their taxes clap your hands''

Everyone singing
" You've Simply gone bust,
you've got no trophies or history,
you've been demoted to division three,
you should've paid your tax and v.a.t."

Gary Barlow eat ur heart out!

Col-fife
Everyone singing
" You've Simply gone bust,
you've got no trophies or history,
you've been demoted to division three,
you should've paid your tax and v.a.t."

Gary Barlow eat ur heart out!

Hahaha lol

A big banner asking ''who's yer big team?''

How about, 'F*ck all, you've never won f*ck all'.

I started that at Hampden v the Spiders. Never really caught on for some reason.

what about a HUGE sign saying ''Get over it'' haha

Sparky
I started that at Hampden v the Spiders. Never really caught on for some reason.

My garden shed that is.

Why antagonise the genuine rangers fans who are in this position through no fault of there own. Let's go to Ibrox and support The Fife until hoarse and leave with dignity and heads held high no matter the result.

Possible Setlist:

Open with "Hello Hello, how do yo do"..... to announce our presence.

"My Garden Shed"...... a gentle endearment to the home fans.

"We've won more cups that you"..... again, light and amusing.

Then switch to some favourites from our back catalogue:
- "On a pitch down welsely road"
- "Mary fae Methil Hill"
- "were you there when we won 3-0 at Gretna (the Diana version of course).
- "we all dream of a team of robert sloans"
- 15 minutes of "gordon Durie's barmy army"

Then play us out, some more songs for our ibrox counterparts - this time a little more direct.

"We are the black and gold, we've won this cup and you've no...."

"We've won more cups that you"..... reprise

"You've got no history"

"Are you Rangers in disguise"

"SPL, you're having a laugh".

"one turnbull hutton, there's only one turnbull hutton..." mixed in with "we hate dunfermline and we hate raith rovers"

And to finish? Well asuming that we are 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go, the ibrox "faithful" will no doubt depart. We could do the traditional "cheerio, cheerio, cheerio", but how about this little ditty:

"They're walking away,
They're walking aaawaayyy,
Glory Hunting Bigots,
are walking away".

And for Encore:
"East Fife chaa chaa chaa".

MaRY_BaLE
Possible Setlist:

Open with "Hello Hello, how do yo do"..... to announce our presence.

"My Garden Shed"...... a gentle endearment to the home fans.

"We've won more cups that you"..... again, light and amusing.

Then switch to some favourites from our back catalogue:
- "On a pitch down welsely road"
- "Mary fae Methil Hill"
- "were you there when we won 3-0 at Gretna (the Diana version of course).
- "we all dream of a team of robert sloans"
- 15 minutes of "gordon Durie's barmy army"

Then play us out, some more songs for our ibrox counterparts - this time a little more direct.

"We are the black and gold, we've won this cup and you've no...."

"We've won more cups that you"..... reprise

"You've got no history"

"Are you Rangers in disguise"

"SPL, you're having a laugh".

"one turnbull hutton, there's only one turnbull hutton..." mixed in with "we hate dunfermline and we hate raith rovers"

And to finish? Well asuming that we are 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go, the ibrox "faithful" will no doubt depart. We could do the traditional "cheerio, cheerio, cheerio", but how about this little ditty:

"They're walking away,
They're walking aaawaayyy,
Glory Hunting Bigots,
are walking away".

And for Encore:
"East Fife chaa chaa chaa".

uv started the singing section.....i will get u a megaphone to conduct us all.

Or a traffic cone

Woops ...... It was 3-2 at Gretna. I wisney there.

MaRY_BaLE
Or a traffic cone

Woops ...... It was 3-2 at Gretna. I wisney there.

Was that the game when King Kenny scored in injury time and we ran onto the pitch celebrating?

Game is on tues night 8th aug

In tribute to Trevor & Simon, I suggest 'We don't do duvets'.

"You're not Rangers anymore"

Tam
Game is on tues night 8th aug

tuesday night 7th august

black & gold

''If your club pays their taxes clap your hands''

This one is a must!

Big Murray Knew

Instead of singing “SPL your having a laugh”

We can use “your no in the SPL anymore” Derrick Brown style

“Mary Fae methilhill”, “have you ever seen a beach” and our own verison of the “hello hello” a must!

Can you hear The Rangers sing no no!!

Oh before I go can I say if we score we can do the boucey like the celtic and manchester city fans do but our own verison and if its on TV would be very good to record all the east fife support wearing black and gold boucing with their backs to the game for 20 mins lol

Fucking never!

We Are East Fife
Super East Fife
We pay our taxes
Have no debt
We hate Rangers
Cheating Bastards
They've nae trophies - onymare

To the tune of "We are sailing" by Rod Stewart

We are signing, we are signing,
New players - because we-.
Don't have a, transfer embargo,
'Cause we paid our, V.A.T.

Samuel's playing, Samuel's playing,
He's got one contract, and one pay.
He is playing, scoring for fun,
And we signed him, on a free.

We are winning, we are winning,
We can see you, walk away,
You are dying, we are trying,
Not to laugh at, faux weegies.

We are signing, we are signing,
New players - because we-.
Don't have a, transfer embargo,
'Cause we paid our, V.A.T

V.A.T.

banner displaying ''up to your knees in EBT's''

Just a simple chant of WHO ARE YIE, WHO ARE YIE

So they know what the year is going to be like in a Tartan Army Stylee

They'll be comin, They'll be comin, They'll be comin down the road.
When you hear the noise of the THIRD DIVISION BOYS, they'll be comin down the road.

They rake in the buckets for something to eat
They find a dead rat and they think it's a treat
In their newco slums.....

There's only one Craig Whyte, one craig whyte....

"see you next year, see u next year! hullo hullo..."

usually gers fans head out before the end of a game so
"your walking away,
your walking awaaay
the ibrox faithful are walking away"

To the tune of Sanctuary by The Cult
"Mercenary, Ian Black, Ian Black
You're just a mercenary, Ian Black, Ian Black"

Col-fife
hi all,with the worlds media going to be taking an interest in our cup game then any suggestions on how to add some light hearted humour to the proceedings?

Last time i asked for comments on what to put on my banner that i took to the Killie cup game,also took along a home-made league cup with black n gold ribbons.

So any suggestions on maybe a new banner, or banners for others to make, or maybe we can all hold up silver trophies to have a dig at our history of cup wins compared to Newco's none.

i remember watching an old firm game at ibrox when the celtic fans had dozens and dozens of beach balls with them, so any ideas

by the way Rangers do still have a history it was transferred over from old co to newco ! only thing they don't have is 3 years audited accounts

How about chanting ''You've got the second best ground in the third division'' that should wynd them up

We did no bad against a 2nd div side though,you must be depressed watching your team get ripped to pieces,its gonna be so easy getting to the top if we're facing shite like east-fife,4 goals yer lucky it wasn't 10.We'll see u once we win the 3rd,cannae wait to go to your world class stadium or should i say coo shed,whatever.Cheers for letting us get a wee bit o practice in,we'd nae preseason so the warm up yer team gave us was greAT.

meadows
We did no bad against a 2nd div side though,you must be depressed watching your team get ripped to pieces,its gonna be so easy getting to the top if we're facing shite like east-fife,4 goals yer lucky it wasn't 10.We'll see u once we win the 3rd,cannae wait to go to your world class stadium or should i say coo shed,whatever.Cheers for letting us get a wee bit o practice in,we'd nae preseason so the warm up yer team gave us was greAT.

What a fud!

Just finished telling a `Celtic minded` pal what a good atmosphere it was last night how good the Rangers fans were (much to my pals dissapointment) and no sign of (misplaced) arrogance- then I read this fanny`s post!

Do you not think he might be a Celtic minded piss taker...just a thought

Fifer11
meadows

What a fud!

Just finished telling a `Celtic minded` pal what a good atmosphere it was last night how good the Rangers fans were (much to my pals dissapointment) and no sign of (misplaced) arrogance- then I read this fanny`s post!

Fifer11
meadows

What a fud!

Can you blame a Rangers fan for getting riled up considering some of the stuff posted in here?

The garbage about us having no trophies then immediately contradicted by a statement of having debt in the same post is typical and predictable,If you want to wind us up at least be more original

FWIW great turnout by the east fife support, hopefully last night was a money-spinner for your club and the players enjoyed the atmosphere. I really enjoyed the game as a Gers fan and i'm looking forward to our SFL adventure and visiting some new grounds, some new places and meeting some new supporters!