Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rangers v East Fife

The match is scheduled for Tuesday 7th August with a 7.45pm kick off.
More details will follow on the club website and facebook page.

Re: Rangers v East Fife

That is a ridiculous decision. If we are not bowing to Tv, it's the police. Fans prefer weekend games. Midweek is for replays, (not in league cup I know)

Not pleased is putting it mildly. I hope the Newco players aren't able to get off their work for the game.

total crap ...what do you expect from the clowns that run football in this country......thanks for nothing im working on tuesday ...weekend football my arse ..

aye weekends are better but BLOODY HELL ! get a grip...League cup draw ....Rangers v East Fife at Ibrox on Tue 7th Aug, thousands will be there but hey would've been better if we had drawn Montrose on a saturday and a crowd of a few hundred,nae pleasing some folk

Shocking Decision

This will lose us around £10k from loss revenue

Crap call

kenwit
aye weekends are better but BLOODY HELL ! get a grip...League cup draw ....Rangers v East Fife at Ibrox on Tue 7th Aug, thousands will be there but hey would've been better if we had drawn Montrose on a saturday and a crowd of a few hundred,nae pleasing some folk

I think the guy meant he was annoyed like a lot of East Fife fans will be that he won't be able to get to the game now as he is working, IMO there was no need to make this a tuesday night fixture as the sunday would have been perfect for a lot more fans. There will be nowhere near the same amount of fans now I dont think with it being midweek. Going to have to try and get away early from work myself now thanks to Scotlands finest FA

On holiday from Monday.. can't go now. Seek!!!

Fuckin fuckin bastard and shit.What a total cock up of a date.We are trying to get ex fans back to the game but the cunts up top dont seem to give a shit,have fired away a complaint.........by the way I cant make it.....

i have my complaint in, hope many follow

East Fife Football Club
The match is scheduled for Tuesday 7th August with a 7.45pm kick off.
More details will follow on the club website and facebook page.

Why ?

Once again the supporters are totally ignored,no wonder Scottish football is dying.
Was going with another 4 in the car,none of us can make it now.

by getting a grip .....your in a minority of one .. fuckwit comes to mind .....

Get a grip as its still a fantastic tie for the club,the best financially that East fife could've ever wished for and yes lots wont be able to make it but i'm sure some will.

Ps,no soap or lino..... welcome to the forum!! just arrived for the rangers game or are u a newco?

Have to say it is a kick in the teeth to the fans. What do the powers that be think about when they make decisions like this! Not a clever move by the people who decide these things!

Is there any chance this game has been rescheduled to give the newco enough time to get league membership sorted out? Their game with Brechin this weekend is currently in doubt

nah i reckon they will have it sorted out by tomorrow....pretty sure there game will go ahead on sunday

Never knew east fife fans to be so paranoid...maybe decision was made after talking to the police as thats was who rangers were in discussions with

if the tuesday is for tv, and tv coverage means more money for the club then it's fairynuff.

If the tuesday is because strathclyde police can't cope due to their polis being on olympic duty, then they should move the olympics.

Why doesn't the club send an email to the sfl expressing the fans anger towards the decision.

Come on Sid, get the finger out !!!!

aye ive just arrived ..and wont be back on here .....i answer to the name brian wanecki ......been a fifer for as long as i care to remember ...mon the fife ....

kenwit

Get a grip? Thousands will be there? I'm sure I'm not the only one who can see that if you clock out at 5.30PM, Get to your car at 5.40PM, sit in rush hour traffic for god knows how long, there's no way you'll be in Glasgow and parked anywhere near the stadium, for 7.30PM, never mind sitting in your seat for the kick off.

Bear in mind that a good chunk of their fans will be travelling from Fife and up north. Also, can you really see bus loads of Rangers fans arranging to come across from Ireland for a match that probably won't go ahead? Utter nonsense.

Take out the majority of us that won't make it, half empty or non running Rangers buses from Fife, the north and the south, plus the Irish. You probably wouldn't fill a stand behind the goal.

Good luck East Fife. Won't be there.

I actually think that there will be a good turnout, especially for it being the 1st home game of the season for them, i reckon fife fans will have about 1000, hopefully more. Think of the turnout that was at kilmarnock in the cup.

Yes, it is frustrating its not being played during the weekend but hey thats life, i just hope theres safe places to park in govan lol

D
kenwit

Get a grip? Thousands will be there? I'm sure I'm not the only one who can see that if you clock out at 5.30PM, Get to your car at 5.40PM, sit in rush hour traffic for god knows how long, there's no way you'll be in Glasgow and parked anywhere near the stadium, for 7.30PM, never mind sitting in your seat for the kick off.

Bear in mind that a good chunk of their fans will be travelling from Fife and up north. Also, can you really see bus loads of Rangers fans arranging to come across from Ireland for a match that probably won't go ahead? Utter nonsense.

Take out the majority of us that won't make it, half empty or non running Rangers buses from Fife, the north and the south, plus the Irish. You probably wouldn't fill a stand behind the goal.

Tuesday, 25 October 2011
Scottish Communities League Cup, Quarter Final
Kilmarnock v East Fife
KO 7:45pm

So is Glasgow farther away than Kilmarnock?

The last time I looked at a map you had to drive past the vicinity of Ibrox to get there

D
kenwit

The "majority of us that wont make it"??? considering Bayview average attendance is about 500 and if the majority isn't going then are u saying we'll only take about 200 and add on the the rangers fans and we'll be lucky to fill the back of the goal??

i reckon there'll be over 20'000 and even if there is half that number then so what, it'll still be more money than we made from a non sell out Fife v Pars cup game from last season

Absolutely shocking decision! I won't make it as i'm working. Hope it's on tv and it's not bbc alba that covers it. Still it's the new Rangers 1st ever competitive home game and should attract a healthy crowd. Wish they would still think of the fans tho, these games rarely happen and it's terrible fans can't make it. Good luck East Fife.

There's a lot of chat on here about the tuesday switch being a shocking decision, but until we know why the switch was done, these comments are premature.

Was the switch for TV money, was it to aviod a clash with the Olympics? Whatever the reason, I'm sure it wasn't to piss off East Fife Fans.

Lets stick to the positive side of things......we've got our best ever chance of beating rangers at Ibrox, and the club will get a financial boost that might help strengthen the squad for the league campaign.

When I first heard the draw I thought we had a great chance of going to Ibrox & winning, thirty minutes later the Newco transfer embargo is deferred for a month & that hope just disintegrated for me.
I'm not sure that the embargo was the right thing in the first place but to defer it to allow them to sign guys who will no guarantee that Newco wins the 3rd division making that a non-competitive league this season (& the 2nd the following season!) is just downright disgraceful.
I will be at Ibrox & I will go there with the same attitude I took to Pittodrie, just take it as it comes, maybe thaats the best way with EF anyway.

MaRY_BaLE
There's a lot of chat on here about the tuesday switch being a shocking decision, but until we know why the switch was done, these comments are premature.

Was the switch for TV money, was it to aviod a clash with the Olympics? Whatever the reason, I'm sure it wasn't to piss off East Fife Fans.

Lets stick to the positive side of things......we've got our best ever chance of beating rangers at Ibrox, and the club will get a financial boost that might help strengthen the squad for the league campaign.

Are u back on the eckies?

BrianL

Tuesday, 25 October 2011
Kilmarnock v East Fife

The last time I looked at a map you had to drive past the vicinity of Ibrox to get there

Smart arse. Some of us have to give our employers 2 weeks notice for a holiday. Bear in mind that this is the summer and people have had time off booked months in advance - making it less likely to get a day off at short notice. Fud.

D
BrianL

Tuesday, 25 October 2011
Kilmarnock v East Fife

Smart arse. Some of us have to give our employers 2 weeks notice for a holiday. Bear in mind that this is the summer and people have had time off booked months in advance - making it less likely to get a day off at short notice. Fud.

Wasn't trying to be a smart arse, just pointing out the realities.

As Mary mentioned, until we know why it has been moved to Tueday we just have to accept it, we can moan all we like but you knoww as well as I do that the scottish football authorities and the boys in blue will do as they please.

I finish work at 5:00pm but I'll be there, I'll give you lift if you want

BTW you never mentioned having to take a holiday in your OP.

D
kenwit

nice prediction !!!!