Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BURGER VAN FOR IBROX

No its not a gumtree style swap offer. Given train is impossible I have sourced a reasonable quote for a 15 seater (self drive) for Tuesdays fixture against the 3rd division crocked stars rehab team.

Can anyone definitely wanting to travel this way email me ASAP.

Its likely anyone north of Kelty will have to come to a Dunfermline pick up point on the way there but Im happy to drop of in Kdy/Glenrothes after the game. Can pick up LEFM members near bridge.

I'll email details of costs times etc once I get an idea if enough interest. Plan B is sort out car shares.

Re: BURGER VAN FOR IBROX

Hi, we have 4 that would want to, apologies about not emailing.....it wont work for some reason.

Mark
No its not a gumtree style swap offer. Given train is impossible I have sourced a reasonable quote for a 15 seater (self drive) for Tuesdays fixture against the 3rd division crocked stars rehab team.

Can anyone definitely wanting to travel this way email me ASAP.

Its likely anyone north of Kelty will have to come to a Dunfermline pick up point on the way there but Im happy to drop of in Kdy/Glenrothes after the game. Can pick up LEFM members near bridge.

I'll email details of costs times etc once I get an idea if enough interest. Plan B is sort out car shares.

Why not call Zak? Seems much simpler?

Hi Bob,
Assumed it would be difficult for 1938 group to pick people up scattered across West Fife and Edinburgh both for cost and time reasons. Most of our "normal" travellers are in this area either for work or residence.

Myself and fare dodger would be up for this Chopper.

How will the fare dodger manage to Dodge his fare this time??? As he is not travelling by train !!!.

Mark
Hi Bob,
Assumed it would be difficult for 1938 group to pick people up scattered across West Fife and Edinburgh both for cost and time reasons. Most of our "normal" travellers are in this area either for work or residence.

Understand Mark. I go to work Saturday for all of August so I'll miss it. Have a great night and success to THE FIFE.

Mark
Hi Bob,

There is no such thing as a 'normal traveller' on BURGER trips!

Big Rab,
I must apologise for not being able to offer you a pick up in the US. If the euro lottery comes in well send a jet.

Fifer 1 The jury still out on if numbers are viable but can you email me on mark.steven10@btinternet.com with details of your group and a contact number. Shld be able to confirm tomorrow.

For those who are unaware on my first train ride with the Burger Boys & Girl to Elgin I believe, THE FARE DODGER WAS BORN AS HE TRAVELLED BOTH WAYS FOR FREE.
He was almost caught out at Dundee on the return trip as we had to change trains there but his luck held out.
Also on the train from Dundee we had a great Banter with Dunfermline fans on the way home from their match in Dundee.
Mark many thanks for thinking of me.
I think every one should take the train with the Burger group once as it is a fun time.
Zak I will still travel with you also, both sets of you make me most welcome, thank you.

Any plans Mark?

15 seater booked so far 8 confirmed bookings (Me, GW,MH,LG and partner, CG,MmCL and SP.

Preference to leave from Dunfermline tho I will drop off in Kdy/Glen on return if neccesary.

Any other bookings please email me to confirm at email address above.
Mon the Fife.

Fifeyboab
Mark
Hi Bob,

Understand Mark. I go to work Saturday for all of August so I'll miss it. Have a great night and success to THE FIFE.

Thanks Bob , Hope you can make the next round!

Any pick up times or location yet Chopper?

Update on previous posted and direct messages.

We need to bring the pick up times forward slightly for travel to the Weedge.

Please be at the RV point at 17:45. Any questions email or PM me via Pusbook.

All'alba vincero!