Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Durie on kingdom fm

Short inteview today,down to barebones tomorrow,15 squad members only available.Cook in america,white suspended and 2 or 3 injuries but he said we can still play a couple of trialists. Samuel and King? It's great to be back talking football again i bet C'mon the fife!!!!

Re: Durie on kingdom fm

Is Cook on holiday in the US or looking to sign somewhere?

Always room for more Scots at the Whitecaps!

a bit worrying that the season is upon us and pre-season has come and gone with only the same trialists playing and only 1 confirmed signing BUT i'm sure the Gaffer knows what he's doing.

I'm a bit worried that we've had an entire close/pre season without so much as a trialist left back. This was a problem area for us last season. Would've thought it would be one of the first areas to be sorted out...

I think the whole Rangers saga has stagnated the market in regards to signing, I think once this has been resolved you will see a lot of movement. I think players and clubs have been waiting to see how this played out before comitting themselves. Who knows once we know what income we get from the Rangers match, this might free up more cash for players.

I love it as the season draws nearer.

I am a wee bit concerned at the cover for left back. I really like Johnstone as a player, but his lack of positional nous at left-back was evident in the warm up games. In fairness whenever he received the ball at l-b last week he looked comfortable and passed pretty well.