Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rangers v East Fife (Tickets)

We are hoping that tickets will be available for sale from Bayview for our Supporters by next mid-week. Further details of price etc will follow.

Season Ticket holders are welcome to pre-order their match ticket by telephone from Monday morning at 10.30am.

We can also advise that our office will be open late one evening during next week and possibly Saturday morning (4th August) to enable our supporters to purchase their tickets prior to the match.

We would like to thank our Supporters for their patience and we will update you with more information as soon as we can.

Re: Rangers v East Fife (Tickets)

It was my understanding that EFST and EFSC negotiated for their members to get priority in situations such as all ticket games, has this been mistakenly overlooked?

S-Pat
It was my understanding that EFST and EFSC negotiated for their members to get priority in situations such as all ticket games, has this been mistakenly overlooked?

If your in all three categories does that mean you can order your tickets today?

(only joking Mr Controller)

S-Pat

Should be cleared up easily enough given there's a Trust Rep on the board.

The priority tickets thing must be a bit irrelevant....it's a 50,000 seater stadium, how much are we gonna take?!

Big Fifer
The priority tickets thing must be a bit irrelevant....it's a 50,000 seater stadium, how much are we gonna take?!
. . .especially as there appears to be a sudden increase in "East Fife fans" looking for tickets!

I know the club will want to sell as much as possible but the last time at ibrox, there were a lot of "new fans" who didn't know the east fife players.

If we sell as many as went to Kilmarnock last season ( for any "new fans" east fife reached the 1/4 final last season!) think we'll be doing well.

Big Fifer

I have two full buses going,if you have not told me it is too late to book seats on the buses I was taking three but had cancellations and had some names down but they did not contact me so I have whittled it down to two,so if anyone who was wanting to go will have to make other arrangements.sorry

Why was there no advertisement on AFTN about busses running Zak? I for one had no clue there were travel club busses running, and im sure im not the only one in this position. If there had been advertisement on here, im sure there would have been more than enough demand for a 3rd bus, maybe even 4th! We need as many fans at the game as possible.

It's not too late. Plenty of time, if the demand is there.

Confused?
Why was there no advertisement on AFTN about busses running Zak? I for one had no clue there were travel club busses running, and im sure im not the only one in this position. If there had been advertisement on here, im sure there would have been more than enough demand for a 3rd bus, maybe even 4th! We need as many fans at the game as possible.

I totally agree btw, we actually have 4 people that are going (and not wanting to park in govan lol), possibly another 2 aswell but there was never any mention on buses on here

Zak and co have run a bus to every away game for donkeys years,there is no secret about that,the travel club contact numbers are posted on this website,if you are so keen to travel to the game source,arrange and organise a bus yourselves,instead of having a pop at a guy that selflessly spends his own time arranging this transport season after season.

No-one is having a pop Passenger, and everyone on here and associated with EF know how good a job Zak does. I was just confused as to why there was no advertisement on here, as there usually is for other away games. Like Fifer1 i have a few who would be interested in taking the bus and were dissapointed to see the busses were full without eveu knowing they were running.

if you look at one of the other feed posts you'll see there are contact numbers for Zak/Kenny and John, there are 2 full buses so far but if you get in touch am sure there might be a 3rd bus if there are enough people to fill it.

Confused in regards to buses to Ibrox Zak had an earlier post on here stating they would have a bus to Ibrox if there was sufficient numbers, he also stated he had only 17 at that point going to Peterhead.
I for one always contact Zak weeks in advance to ask about the bus instead of waiting until the last minute
As Zak has his regulars on the bus to most away games.
I realize the Ibrox match came out of the Blue.

I would run a third bus I dont have enough real names not forum names as I do not know who is who,I do not advertise buses on aftn,as Tiff says there is a sticky at the top of the forum,it is always the same when we get a big team everyone waits until the last minute for seats,well if there is not enough seats for a third that is tough on those who wanted to go but could not be bothered until I said the buses were full.if so many want people to go they can email,phone or text,me.

Thought the club may have put on a couple of buses to the game to encourage as many as possible to give their support at Ibrox

We are The Club.The Travel Club,and we are putting on buses at £12 per person so if you want to go just get in touch as stated previous post.

Zak if you get the numbers for another bus id like 3 seats please. Been on holiday the past 2 weeks otherwise i wouldve enquired earlier.

Hi Tam got your text the day I put your name down.for the 3rd bus

Cheers. I'm just wanting to go so i can bore jim p, ntoc and toj with my holiday tales.

Tam
Zak if you get the numbers for another bus id like 3 seats please. Been on holiday the past 2 weeks otherwise i wouldve enquired earlier.

This post wasn't from me and should have read "Hi Kenny, this is Cameron Galloway (Paul aka Tam's Son). My Dad is on holiday but didn't want to tell anyone about it and asked me to reserve 3 seats as soon as the draw was made. I didn't, so if i could book 3 seats in a 3rd bus then that would be great.

Why you not taking your son on holiday with you?

Cheap bastard!

Anyone know if the tickets are on sale at the club this morning? So I can get it post out to Glasga in time for our trip to Govan thanks. Hendo

Hi, if there are still spaces available for the third bus, is it possible to get 2 seats please?

GoF

Cheap bastard!

He was offered many times but chose to go to Aviemore with his Girlfriend.

Hi Zak, can you put me down for 2 seats for the bus please, I will confirm this by text by noon today (Monday)
Cheers Liam

Hi Zak. Can you put me down for two seats if there are spaces available. I've also just sent you a text to confirm this request. Thanks
Andy

Colin M
Hi, if there are still spaces available for the third bus, is it possible to get 2 seats please?

you have to email phone or text me

£12 is a very good deal!!
£10 for petrol in the car (min) and £5 for the parking "security fee"

Fourth bus going well still a few seats tho,I should point out that there is strictly no alcohol allowed on any of the buses.

Tam
GoF

Cheap bastard!

I'd rather do that as well!

Hope you're looking forward to being a grandfather!!

Zak You Big Party Pooper Ha Ha

No Booze????????????????????? I agree with you.

GoF
Tam
GoF

Cheap bastard!

I'd rather do that as well!

Hope you're looking forward to being a grandfather!!

Aye, I kind of thought you would have rather had went to Aviemore with his Girlfriend!!!!

zak
Fourth bus going well still a few seats tho,I should point out that there is strictly no alcohol allowed on any of the buses.

All bona fide Fife fans I hope Zak.
Mind the 1997 cup game when the buses had to stop to stick the hun chancers on the top deck of one of the buses for their own protection.

Tam,I`m pretty sure Mike mean`t that he would have preferred to go away with Cameron.

Do you have to sit in the seat your given on the ticket or is the ticket just to get in and we can sit where we want?

I ask because i have a few friends sitting a few rows away.

It looks as though, Bocanegra, Edu and Goian have left The Rangers.

3 key players for them, we shouldn't have any fear, afterall they are a 3rd division side.

Had a wee look on William Hill, and the bookies clearly don't have a clue, Andrew Collier is our 4th highest priced player to score but at 6/1 it's not worth it. They also have Samuel in twice at different prices. Can also get McCormack and Campbell around 25/1. A corner or free kick and you never know...

Quocia
Do you have to sit in the seat your given on the ticket or is the ticket just to get in and we can sit where we want?

I ask because i have a few friends sitting a few rows away.

Probably best to sit in your allocated seat as our end is looking like a sell out.

What was/is our allocation of tickets for this game? 250? 500? I hear they are nearly all sold out! Hope for a great atmosphere! Mon the Fifeeeeeeeeeee!

We were allocated 1,000 tickets.

Supporter Of East Fife
What was/is our allocation of tickets for this game? 250? 500? I hear they are nearly all sold out! Hope for a great atmosphere! Mon the Fifeeeeeeeeeee!

I hope so and the support we took to Pittordrie & Rugby Park last season i hope we get as many EF Fans coming through here for a seat in the Govan West Corner as possible. Even though we will have to put up with them singing their songs and broxy bear going round the park, i hope we can give them as much atmosphere back...Roll on Tuesday!

I thought broxy had left blaiir drummond park